Michelin Tires

DirtTurtle

May 17, 2007
Im still new to the world of cycling. Currently have a pair of michelin pro lites 2 on my bike, and have a spare set of pro race 2 tires. Are these the same tire, and if so or if differently are they reasonably good?
Also, should i deflate my tire after each ride or are they ok 2 leave inflated. The pro lites are starting to crack of not 2 many kms on them.

Not the same tire. Pro lites are a bit lighter, gonna wear faster. Both great tires, but I'd save them for racing instead of training unless you like buying tires. No need to deflate after every ride.

capwater said:
Not the same tire. Pro lites are a bit lighter, gonna wear faster. Both great tires, but I'd save them for racing instead of training unless you like buying tires. No need to deflate after every ride.
cheers 4 that m8

hard to beat Pro Race 2 for an all-round tyre: speed, wear and seemingly reasonable puncture resistance. I guess they can be a bit expenisve if not bought online.

I let my tyres down to about half between every ride; partly because I have four bikes, so one bike might not get ridden for a week or more.

Some say this is a waste of time, but it obviously can't hurt. I do it because, 1) I had problems with other tyres (not Michelins) going out of shape before they were worn, so it may prevent this, 2) pumps and pump bits are cheaper than some tyres, and 3) rim tape lasts much longer

Pro race are excellent tyres.

If I was you - I'd be getting heavier duty tyres to train on and saving them for racing &/or fast training days.

Don't worry re deflating them - just keep the air in:)

Just a tip

I saw the Pro2 on sale at PricePoint yesterday so I ordered a couple more to keep in my inventory. I can't see buying these at full retail, but when a sale comes along I jump on it.

If the link doesn't work just go to www.pricepoint.com

yeah i get mine online. Dad buys most of the gear for me off ebay etc, so when they got here they looked identical. Good to hear they are a good tire for though, like u said after seeing the pro lites crack i might just need to buy an older harder set for training

DirtTurtle said:
yeah i get mine online. Dad buys most of the gear for me off ebay etc, so when they got here they looked identical. Good to hear they are a good tire for though, like u said after seeing the pro lites crack i might just need to buy an older harder set for training
Here the difference between the Pro Lights and Pro 2 Race

Pro Light
ProLight.jpg

Pro2 Race
prorace2.jpg

The Pro2 race has an extra layer of puncture protection called a HDPP.