Michelin XCR tyres - how do they ride?

domaindomain

Dec 20, 2004
XCR AT
XCR Dry
XCR Mud
XCR Xtrem

has anyone used them and what do you think - how do they compare to others at similar prices? I am needing to change my IRCs and am really liking the look of the XCR range....

domaindomain said:
XCR AT
XCR Dry
XCR Mud
XCR Xtrem

has anyone used them and what do you think - how do they compare to others at similar prices? I am needing to change my IRCs and am really liking the look of the XCR range....
All of the XCR line of tires work GREAT. The way the tires work with their dual compound is, the underneath compound is a black harder compound which keeps the treads from moving and eliminates tread roll off, while the grey outter compound is a bit softer which allows the tread to grip a whole lot better.

The XCR dry might be hard to find as Michelin has replaced it with the XCR Dry2. The tire is WAY faster and smoother rolling on hard pack terrain. The mud is a nice tire, but i would rather run the XCR A.T. if you still want the 2.0 tire, if you like a 2.2 run the dual Compound All Mountain (same tires as the XCR AT just a 2.2 version). the XCR X'Trem is a real durable and beefy tire. We recommend it to all kinds of people on the race circuit for 4 cross and all kinds of things....

Any of the Michelin XCR (dual compound) tires will work GREAT for you.