Michellin folder tyres

I have just purchased Michellin folder tyres. the edge bead has
little inpurfections where it was folded. Is this ok? If these tyres
are so good and expensive, why would the quality be risked by folding
them? Cheaper ones are not folded...???

[email protected] wrote:
> I have just purchased Michellin folder tyres. the edge bead has
> little inpurfections where it was folded. Is this ok? If these tyres
> are so good and expensive, why would the quality be risked by folding
> them? Cheaper ones are not folded...???

They mount just fine after you unfold them. As always, inflate halfway,
spin the wheel to ensure the molded lip just above the brake surface is
visible evenly all around before fully inflating.
Yes, for any two tires of the same model, a folding bead version is
lighter and more expensive.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

[email protected] wrote:
> I have just purchased Michellin folder tyres. the edge bead has
> little inpurfections where it was folded. Is this ok?

yes, they disappear when unfolded.

> If these tyres
> are so good and expensive, why would the quality be risked by folding
> them?

it's not.

> Cheaper ones are not folded...???

because they have a wire bead, not foldable cord bead.