Michigan Recumbent Rally This Weekend

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Wolverbob, May 6, 2003.

  1. Wolverbob

    Wolverbob Guest

    The 6th annual Michigan Recumbent Rally East will be held this coming Saturday, May 10th, at the
    Willow Metropark pool shelter from 9am until 3pm. The event will feature recumbent displays
    (including tandems, trikes), dealers, test-rides, used recumbents, a "buying your first recumbent"
    talk at 11am and 1pm, and a group ride at 12noon. The event is free, although there is a $4 park
    entrance fee.

    Willow Metropark is located off exit 11 of I-275, just south of I-94 and Detroit Metro airport. In
    case of rain the event will be held under a large covered area of the pool shelter.

    For more information about the Rally, visit www.LMB.org/wolbents, e-mail [email protected] or call
    734/487-9058.

    Tags:

  2. Tbradster

    Tbradster Guest

    Hey wolverbob, you always hold this event on the same weekend as TOSRV. Love to come, but...

    Brad

  3. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    TBRADSTER wrote:
    > Hey wolverbob, you always hold this event on the same weekend as TOSRV. Love to come, but...
    >
    > Brad

    Same here. Maybe someday I'll skip TOSRV and do something else, but the ride is one of my
    favorites. Here's hoping that it's a warm, dry weekend. Monday's ride back south to the
    Cincinnati area looks like it might be unpleasant. I showed up on the official TOSRV website's
    pictures for last year's ride on my SatRDay - I wonder if I'll make it again this year, riding my
    Greenspeed GTO? The Mueller fairing will make it stand out, so I just might.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  4. Wolverbob

    Wolverbob Guest

    Yes, I realize that the Michigan Recumbent Rally East is always scheduled the same weekend as TOSRV,
    but the Rally is set for the date (2nd Saturday in May) as our regular May Willow Metropark monthly
    Wolver-Bents ride. And while the date could be changed, it would probably just end up being a
    conflict with some other ride being held.

    Bob Krzewinski Wolver-Bents Recumbent Cyclists