Mickelson Trail S.Dak.

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Keithl5337, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. Keithl5337

    Keithl5337 Guest

    Has anyone ridden the portion of the trail between Dumont and Hill City? We plan on a trip the first
    part of July. Any information about the ride would be appreciated.

    Thanks Keith

    Tags:

  2. Russ

    Russ Guest

    Dumont to mystic:

    Very scenic, all downhill, Rochford has a bar where you might get some food/beer. Small store might
    be open then.

    Mystic to Redfern all uphill , 3 % grade, top 9 miles later. Then 8 or 9 miles to Hill City , all
    downhill 3 % grade.

    Plenty of restaurants, lodging .

    Email if you wish,might be able ride with ya. (remove "no" and "nospam" from address.)

    Russ

    --
    railtrails the cat's meow!