Mick's bikes - pleasanton

cyclintom

Jan 15, 2011
A week ago I was moving along at a pretty good speed, hit a pothole, got a pinch flat and had an instant pinch flat. I safely brought it to a stop and sat down on the curb to repair it. At the time I was only interested in getting back on the road so when I filled it the [HASHTAG]#ing[/HASHTAG] CO2 filler didn't connect properly so I didn't get the rear tire properly charged and inflated. So I decided to turn back and take it home. At home I realized that when it went flat it rubbed a lot of the rubber off of the sidewall.

Clock ahead to yesterday. While on a 40 mile ride I started worrying about possible sidewall flats which could be unrepairable on the road. So I decided to go to the nearest bike shop that was open and replace the tire. This was Pleasanton Mike's Bikes. When I went into the place without a mask on you would think that I was holding them up. Four young people who all had no doubt been vaccinated almost ****** their pants. I was told that they wouldn't sell me anything without a mask. So I left, came home and bought what I needed on-line for $140. Now this same thing in their store could have probably cost twice as much if they even had Michelin. Or some other top brand reliable tires. (Continental GP5000) and tubes.

This is as much in a single sale as the sorts of bikes they can stock these days. And they were willing to throw this away purely on the grounds of conformity? This doesn't bod well for Mike's Bikes. Trek opened Factory stores in the area because Mike's Bikes was unable to correctly repair upper end Trek bikes. So they double down on their errors for reasons unbeknownst to man. Think about this - you enter a restaurant and are supposed to wear a mask, but as soon as you are seated you can remove the mask since the act of sitting down magically protects everyone in the restaurant.

At the height of the pandemic - May of 2020 - the CDC released a study called "Non-Pharmaceutical Means of Controlling Influenza Transmission" from this:

abstract - “evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures (masks, social distancing and frequent hand washing) did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory -confirmed influenza.”

Page three: “our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory – confirmed influenza”

Page four: “face masks have not demonstrated protection against laboratory-confirmed influenza”

Also a paper by Dr. Jim Meehan MD”

Covid 19 is about viral transmission. Surgical and cloth masks do nothing to prevent viral transmission”

For the uninitiated, covid-19 is an influenza. So Mike's Bike's was willing to turn down a substantial sale for the sake of nothing more than conformity. Do you suppose some post teenager should be running that store?

Some states, counties, cities require masks. It might not have been up to the dealer.
I can find all kinds of studies showing that masks do offer some protection. It's not 100%, but every little bit helps.
The CDC, WHO, John's Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, New England Journal of Medicine, etc. etc., have all come out saying that wearing masks, indoors, is helpful in combating covid. I have no reason to think they are lying.

Some states, counties, cities require masks. It might not have been up to the dealer.
I can find all kinds of studies showing that masks do offer some protection. It's not 100%, but every little bit helps.
The CDC, WHO, John's Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, New England Journal of Medicine, etc. etc., have all come out saying that wearing masks, indoors, is helpful in combating covid. I have no reason to think they are lying.

I can completely understand a dealer worrying about obeying a law, legal or not, but when there is no one else in the store it is a bit of a stretch to worry about one person not wearing a mask when all of the employees are.

Before retirement I was an electronics engineer mostly in medical instruments and laboratory instruments used for medical purposes. So I know very well how how to do proper research. The CDC statistics page show NO increased levels of respiratory disease death in 2020 or 2021 - in short, there was no pandemic. Everyone was put out of work and even medical authorities were fooled by claims that had no basis in fact. There was no way of detecting this virus and the idea that they could use PCR was preposterous. I know that because I'm the one that designed the automation of PCR for Dr. Kary Mullis, the inventor of that Nobel Prize winning chemistry.

Geez, you almost sound like one of them whining anti-vaxxers...are you?

Would it have killed you to put on a mask? No. But instead you come on here and start whining about a bike shop that is probably just following the local law.

I don't get it with you people, but I'm sick if the lot of you.

Geez, you almost sound like one of them whining anti-vaxxers...are you?

Would it have killed you to put on a mask? No. But instead you come on here and start whining about a bike shop that is probably just following the local law.

I don't get it with you people, but I'm sick if the lot of you.

If I had a mask along with me on a ride I probably would have put it on, just to protect these people from nothing at all. But I didn't have one along. I had changed to a different jacket and the pocket was torn and dropped it out.

But as a point of order, I have worked in science for the last 50 years. Can you match that? I am a registered researcher with the CDC so I also know how to look for information and how to interpret it.

Fauci and the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party - the Slime Stream Media - have told us that 814,000 EXCESS deaths have occurred from covid-19. That is an utter lie. There were excess deaths of some 200,000 and they were almost entirely from Fauci's lockdowns and were from circulatory diseases from gross obesity, drug and alcoholism causes. There was only 6,525 excess respiratory deaths that could not be identified as anything other than natural causes. And they didn't even define these excess deaths as caused by covid-19 so they might just as well have been from snorting cocaine.

The entire house of cards of the vaccines has collapsed - you are three times SAFER without a vaccination than you are walking outdoors in a thunderstorm. Because covid-19 has so few actual mortalities, the vaccines actually kill more people than covid-19 does. Presently in the USA we have had between 6,000 and 11,000 deaths from side effects of the vaccines. This is a very small percentage of those vaccinated but if the vaccine really adds nothing to your health why would you take the chance?

So commenting on "anti-vaxxer" is rather pointless don't you think? Or are you tired of thinking?

There is a Federal law called the Persons with Disabilities Act. It says that people with any sort of disability cannot be forced to do anything that is even UNCOMFORABLE.

I did the programming on the poison gas detectors for the military during Desert Storm. In the process of this I burned the lining of my lungs from poison gas. By both Federal Law and international laws, I cannot be forced to wear a mask that makes me want to choke. I just months ago had a chest X-ray and all of those scars are still there.

The funny thing about this act is that the owner of the shop probably cannot be sued but the manager making these demands CAN be. So what the manager of Mike's Bikes did was a threat to his own life, liberty and freedom.

Several times over the years the Disabilities Act has been changed and every time it was to actually tighten it more and more. Masks block my breathing and if I have a brand new never been used paper mask it is just bearable.

"Senator Rand Paul
@RandPaul

Does this mean snot-nosed censors at YouTube will come to my office and kiss my … and admit I was right?

nytimes.com
The C.D.C. conceded that cloth masks do not protect against the virus as effectively as other masks.
The update in guidance comes as Covid cases continue to soar.

"

This really shouldn't be about anything that has to do with covid-19. Virtually ALL of the real data on it is either inaccessible or indecipherable by normal people. It is almost impossible for you to be admitted to a hospital or have more than half of lab tests done without using medical or laboratory instruments used that I designed and/or programmed. So either you accept my word about covid-19 or not because you don't know anything about it that you haven't been told by Fauci or that shining light of honesty - the New York Times.

And my word is that YOU ARE SAFE. Hell, I'm 77 years old and my wife 74. I haven't been vaccinated and never would be for covid-19. My wife was. Who do you suppose got covid-19 infection?

We can theorize anything but an actual POSSIBLE death rate of 6,525 people from covid-19 makes that 1 chance in 51,000 of getting a lethal disease. And that is ONLY if you have one or more circulatory comorbidies that put you in a category likely to die within 12 months anyway.

So when I say you're safe, you really are safe and masks, social distancing and losing your jobs because of vaccine passports won't change that. Don't be afraid to ride. Don't be afraid of coffee shops. You will live a far longer and healthier life if you ride.

A week ago I was moving along at a pretty good speed, hit a pothole, got a pinch flat and had an instant pinch flat. I safely brought it to a stop and sat down on the curb to repair it. At the time I was only interested in getting back on the road so when I filled it the [HASHTAG]#ing[/HASHTAG] CO2 filler didn't connect properly so I didn't get the rear tire properly charged and inflated. So I decided to turn back and take it home. At home I realized that when it went flat it rubbed a lot of the rubber off of the sidewall.

Clock ahead to yesterday. While on a 40 mile ride I started worrying about possible sidewall flats which could be unrepairable on the road. So I decided to go to the nearest bike shop that was open and replace the tire. This was Pleasanton Mike's Bikes. When I went into the place without a mask on you would think that I was holding them up. Four young people who all had no doubt been vaccinated almost ****** their pants. I was told that they wouldn't sell me anything without a mask. So I left, came home and bought what I needed on-line for $140. Now this same thing in their store could have probably cost twice as much if they even had Michelin. Or some other top brand reliable tires. (Continental GP5000) and tubes.

This is as much in a single sale as the sorts of bikes they can stock these days. And they were willing to throw this away purely on the grounds of conformity? This doesn't bod well for Mike's Bikes. Trek opened Factory stores in the area because Mike's Bikes was unable to correctly repair upper end Trek bikes. So they double down on their errors for reasons unbeknownst to man. Think about this - you enter a restaurant and are supposed to wear a mask, but as soon as you are seated you can remove the mask since the act of sitting down magically protects everyone in the restaurant.

At the height of the pandemic - May of 2020 - the CDC released a study called "Non-Pharmaceutical Means of Controlling Influenza Transmission" from this:

abstract - “evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures (masks, social distancing and frequent hand washing) did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory -confirmed influenza.”

Page three: “our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory – confirmed influenza”

Page four: “face masks have not demonstrated protection against laboratory-confirmed influenza”

Also a paper by Dr. Jim Meehan MD”

Covid 19 is about viral transmission. Surgical and cloth masks do nothing to prevent viral transmission”

For the uninitiated, covid-19 is an influenza. So Mike's Bike's was willing to turn down a substantial sale for the sake of nothing more than conformity. Do you suppose some post teenager should be running that store?