microwave and stove on Rachel Ray's TV show

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nancree, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Nancree

    Nancree Guest

    The microwave is a Samsung no longer available. Here's the rest of their reply.

    Hello and thank you for contacting the Food Network. Many of our viewers ask us where to buy the
    products used by Rachel Ray, host of 30 Minute Meals, so we've put together the detailed list below
    for everyone to receive.

    Resources:
    - Colorful cutting boards are called Jelli Boards and can be purchased at Crate and Barrel.

    - Yellow oven is a vintage Chambers oven circa 1950 model 90c. Try looking in local antique and
    architectural stores, Ebay and old appliance stores. For alternative assistance, you may try
    contacting the Old Appliance Club @ www.antiquestoves.com/toac/TOAC.htm

    - Retro-style yellow refrigerator is made by Elmira Stove Works and can be found at
    www.elmirastoveworks.com for colors and a dealer near you.

    - The yellow, red and blue Dansk cookware AND salt holder are vintage - you can search for them on
    Ebay, local antique stores and flea markets.

    - Garbage bowls are Metlox bowls. Metlox can often be found on Ebay, antique stores and
    flea markets.

    - Kitchen tiles - Bright green, back wall - are made by Elon tile in Mount Kisco, NY 914-242-8434

    - Microwave made by Samsung and was purchased at Gracious Home 212 517-6300 (however, they no longer
    have this item available for purchase and we have no other resource for the microwave)
    - Grill pan Lodge Manufacturing #LPG13 Pro/Grid Iron Griddle. One side is a smooth griddle, and the
    other is ridged. www.lodgemfg.com 423-837-7181

    - Knife is made by Wusthof, from their Grand Prix line, 7" Hollow Ground Oriental Cook's Knife.
    Styled after the Japanese Cook's Knife, this blade is just right for sushi and sashimi - or
    anything else that needs to be sliced paper thin. Please visit the Food Network Store for
    purchasing details at http://store.foodnetwork.com/home.asp
    - Grating tool is called a Microplane or Rasp. She uses # 30020 rectangular, large Microplane. It
    can be purchased at www.microplane.com as well as numerous cooking sites on the web. This tool is
    actually designed for wood carving, so don’t be surprised when you go to the site and they say
    nothing about food.

    - Cast Iron Cookware by Le Creuset makes the colorful enameled cookware, www.lecreuset.com or call
    1-877-creuset (273-8738). Le Creuset can also be purchased at the following websites:
    [email protected] , Campbell's Gourmet Cottage www.gourmetcottage.com or Cooking.com
    www.cooking.com

    - Cast Iron Grill Pan made by Lodge Manufacturing Company. She uses LPG13 Pro/Grid Iron Griddle. One
    side is a griddle and the other side is a grill pan. www.lodgemfg.com

    - Stainless steel cookware made by Clad. Visit www.allclad.com and check out the stainless steel
    selection.

    - Food Processor made by Cuisinart. It's a custom 14-inch Food Processor model
    # DFP-14 and can be found at www.cuisinart.com as well as numerous other
    cookware web sites.

    Thank you for watching the Food Network.

    Best regards, Food Network Viewer Services

    Please note that Food Network has no affiliation with any businesses or enterprises featured on the
    network and makes no representations, either express or implied, as to the goods, services,
    creditworthiness and/or financial standing of those businesses.
     
    Tags:


  2. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Nancree wrote:
    > The microwave is a Samsung no longer available. Here's the rest of their reply.
    >
    > Hello and thank you for contacting the Food Network. Many of our viewers ask us where to buy the
    > products used by Rachel Ray, host of 30 Minute Meals, so we've put together the detailed list
    > below for everyone to receive.

    Nice reply. I don't know if it was a "form" reply but it's more informative. Thanks.

    --
    Steve

    Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.
     
  3. [email protected] (Nancree) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > - Yellow oven is a vintage Chambers oven circa 1950 model 90c.

    It's a beaut. Thanks for that info. I was just wondering about that myself.

    --

    "I'm the master of low expectations."

    GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003
     
  4. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Nancree wrote:

    > - Kitchen tiles - Bright green, back wall - are made by Elon tile in Mount Kisco, NY 914-242-8434

    Boggles the mind to think maybe people actually tried to seek them out.

    Same people must be behind that show with Cece Carmichael, the other hideous set show. Family Circle
    whatever. Like, OH where can I get that bright orange formica?

    nancy
     
  5. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Steve Calvin wrote:
    >
    > Nancree wrote:
    > > The microwave is a Samsung no longer available. Here's the rest of their reply.
    > >
    > > Hello and thank you for contacting the Food Network. Many of our viewers ask us where to buy the
    > > products used by Rachel Ray, host of 30 Minute Meals, so we've put together the detailed list
    > > below for everyone to receive.
    >
    > Nice reply. I don't know if it was a "form" reply but it's more informative. Thanks.

    Inaccurate regarding Microplane though. Their website has both cooking and a woodworking sections.

    Brian Rodenborn
     
  6. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Michel Boucher wrote:
    >
    > [email protected] (Nancree) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > - Yellow oven is a vintage Chambers oven circa 1950 model 90c.
    >
    > It's a beaut. Thanks for that info. I was just wondering about that myself.

    I agree, the range is really attractive. Makes me wonder if you can fit a turkey in it, but all
    those old style ovens make me wonder that.

    nancy
     
  7. Default User

    Default User Guest

  8. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    Default User wrote:

    > Inaccurate regarding Microplane though. Their website has both cooking and a woodworking sections.

    Maybe when the statement was written the microplane site did not have a cooking section.
     
Loading...