Microwave biscuits?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by OmManiPadmeOmelet, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. Is there such a thing?
    --
    Peace, Om.

  2. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > Is there such a thing?

    I've seen some ads for microwave biscuits; Pillsbury? I didn't pay much
    attention to the commercials but I think they are pre-baked, frozen, then
    you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.

    Jill

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > Is there such a thing?

    > I've seen some ads for microwave biscuits; Pillsbury? I didn't pay much
    > attention to the commercials but I think they are pre-baked, frozen, then
    > you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.
    >
    > Jill

    I'll have to check the frozen section then.
    I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
    and there was nothing.

    I don't like to fire up the big oven that often, so am considering
    purchasing a nice toaster oven for things like that.
    --
    Peace, Om.

  4. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    >>> Is there such a thing?

    >>> frozen, then you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.

    >> Jill
    >>

    > I'll have to check the frozen section then.
    > I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
    > and there was nothing.

    I googled; yes, they are frozen and then you microwave them.

    http://tinyurl.com/bpgpa

    Jill

  5. In article <[email protected]>,
    "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,

    > >> Jill
    > >>

    > > I'll have to check the frozen section then.
    > > I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
    > > and there was nothing.
    > >

    > I googled; yes, they are frozen and then you microwave them.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/bpgpa
    >
    > Jill

    Danke dear! :)

    Odd, I normally will google but for some reason did not for this.

    My bad. <G>
    --
    Peace, Om.

  6. OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    >>

    >>>Is there such a thing?
    >>>

    >>I've seen some ads for microwave biscuits; Pillsbury? I didn't pay much
    >>attention to the commercials but I think they are pre-baked, frozen, then
    >>you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.
    >>
    >>Jill
    >>

    >I'll have to check the frozen section then.
    >I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
    >and there was nothing.
    >
    >I don't like to fire up the big oven that often, so am considering
    >purchasing a nice toaster oven for things like that.

    Given that I'm thinking of what I know as scones, warming them in the
    microwave doesn't produce a good result. You can always tell scones that
    have been zapped, they're sort of steamed, they get a funny flavour and
    of course the outside goes leathery.

    However, American style biscuits do seem to be something slightly
    dfferent, so I might be completely out of order.

    Christine

  7. In article
    <[email protected]>,
    Old Mother Ashby <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Given that I'm thinking of what I know as scones, warming them in the
    > microwave doesn't produce a good result. You can always tell scones that
    > have been zapped, they're sort of steamed, they get a funny flavour and
    > of course the outside goes leathery.
    >
    > However, American style biscuits do seem to be something slightly
    > dfferent, so I might be completely out of order.
    >
    > Christine

    There is a new product, a coated paper, that seems to "crisp" things
    cooked in the microwave. I bought some cheap little meat pies that had
    it and they baked up very well in the microwave.

    I was wondering if anyone out there had come up with a similar raw
    biscuit product yet that could be baked from a raw state in the
    microwave, and still come up brown and crispy?
    --
    Peace, Om.

  8. OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > Is there such a thing?

    Yes, and they're not half bad. I think the brand was Pillsbury. I prefer
    the oven baked ones but the nuked biscuits were okay. At least the
    greatgrandkids ate them.

    George

  9. In article <[email protected]>,
    George Shirley <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > Is there such a thing?

    > Yes, and they're not half bad. I think the brand was Pillsbury. I prefer
    > the oven baked ones but the nuked biscuits were okay. At least the
    > greatgrandkids ate them.
    >
    > George

    I'll search a little harder, thanks!
    And do some googling. ;-)