OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
Is there such a thing?
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> Is there such a thing?

I've seen some ads for microwave biscuits; Pillsbury? I didn't pay much
attention to the commercials but I think they are pre-baked, frozen, then
you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.

Jill

In article <[email protected]>,
"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > Is there such a thing?

> I've seen some ads for microwave biscuits; Pillsbury? I didn't pay much
> attention to the commercials but I think they are pre-baked, frozen, then
> you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.
>
> Jill

I'll have to check the frozen section then.
I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
and there was nothing.

I don't like to fire up the big oven that often, so am considering
purchasing a nice toaster oven for things like that.
--

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>> Is there such a thing?

>>> frozen, then you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.

>> Jill
>>

> I'll have to check the frozen section then.
> I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
> and there was nothing.

I googled; yes, they are frozen and then you microwave them.

http://tinyurl.com/bpgpa

Jill

In article <[email protected]>,
"jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,

> >> Jill
> >>

> > I'll have to check the frozen section then.
> > I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
> > and there was nothing.
> >

> I googled; yes, they are frozen and then you microwave them.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bpgpa
>
> Jill

Danke dear! :)

Odd, I normally will google but for some reason did not for this.

My bad. <G>
--

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "jmcquown" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>

>>>Is there such a thing?
>>>

>>I've seen some ads for microwave biscuits; Pillsbury? I didn't pay much
>>attention to the commercials but I think they are pre-baked, frozen, then
>>you just nuke 'em in the quantities you want.
>>
>>Jill
>>

>I'll have to check the frozen section then.
>I was looking in the area where the canned biscuits were this morning,
>and there was nothing.
>
>I don't like to fire up the big oven that often, so am considering
>purchasing a nice toaster oven for things like that.

Given that I'm thinking of what I know as scones, warming them in the
microwave doesn't produce a good result. You can always tell scones that
have been zapped, they're sort of steamed, they get a funny flavour and
of course the outside goes leathery.

However, American style biscuits do seem to be something slightly
dfferent, so I might be completely out of order.

Christine

In article
<[email protected]>,
Old Mother Ashby <[email protected]> wrote:

> Given that I'm thinking of what I know as scones, warming them in the
> microwave doesn't produce a good result. You can always tell scones that
> have been zapped, they're sort of steamed, they get a funny flavour and
> of course the outside goes leathery.
>
> However, American style biscuits do seem to be something slightly
> dfferent, so I might be completely out of order.
>
> Christine

There is a new product, a coated paper, that seems to "crisp" things
cooked in the microwave. I bought some cheap little meat pies that had
it and they baked up very well in the microwave.

I was wondering if anyone out there had come up with a similar raw
biscuit product yet that could be baked from a raw state in the
microwave, and still come up brown and crispy?
--

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> Is there such a thing?

Yes, and they're not half bad. I think the brand was Pillsbury. I prefer
the oven baked ones but the nuked biscuits were okay. At least the
greatgrandkids ate them.

George

In article <[email protected]>,
George Shirley <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > Is there such a thing?

> Yes, and they're not half bad. I think the brand was Pillsbury. I prefer
> the oven baked ones but the nuked biscuits were okay. At least the
> greatgrandkids ate them.
>
> George

I'll search a little harder, thanks!
And do some googling. ;-)