Mid-range 853 road bike options

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by David, Jun 15, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    Looking for options for an 853 (or equiv.) road bike in a similar price/quality range as the lemond
    and jamis models. Those particular brands are not an option as they sponsor rival teams. I'm looking
    for something that's available either as a frameset or complete dura-ace bike. I am also considering
    high end steel bikes (steelman/IF/landshark) but would like to also explore options in a slightly
    lower price range (i.e. larger production volume).

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Looking for options for an 853 (or equiv.) road bike in a similar price/quality range as the
    > lemond and jamis models. Those particular brands are not an option as they sponsor rival teams.
    > I'm looking for something that's available either as a frameset or complete dura-ace bike. I am
    > also considering high end steel bikes (steelman/IF/landshark) but would like to also explore
    > options in a slightly lower price range (i.e. larger production volume).

    We're very happy with Gunnar road frames. Size and color to choice in a week or two .

  3. milliards wrote-><< Looking for options for an 853 (or equiv.) road bike in a similar price/quality
    range as the lemond and jamis models. >><BR><BR> << I'm looking for something that's available
    either as a frameset or complete dura-ace bike. I am also considering high end steel bikes
    (steelman/IF/landshark) but would like to also explore options in a slightly lower price range (i.e.
    larger production volume). >><BR><BR>

    Custom Nobilettes in True Temper OX Platnium start at $1250 for the frameset. Torelli Countach are
    about $950. http://www.nobilettecycles.com

  4. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (David) wrote:

    > Looking for options for an 853 (or equiv.) road bike in a similar price/quality range as the
    > lemond and jamis models. Those particular brands are not an option as they sponsor rival teams.
    > I'm looking for something that's available either as a frameset or complete dura-ace bike. I am
    > also considering high end steel bikes (steelman/IF/landshark) but would like to also explore
    > options in a slightly lower price range (i.e. larger production volume).

    In the grand tradition of cycle racing, the right thing to do is to buy the Jamis and put your
    sponsor's decals on it. Making up your own brand is fun; how about "rbt", in honour of this forum?

  5. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    >Looking for options for an 853 (or equiv.) road bike in a similar price/quality range as the lemond
    >and jamis models.

    I saw a Gunnar the other day for the first time and examined it closely. A new riding partner has
    one. Worth a look.

    Doug