Midnight at the Am-Bar #86

Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
biggy.

Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

No, I'm not back in the bar business. :)

Rich

On Mar 23, 10:27 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
> Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
> practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
> a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
> hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
> bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
> back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
> they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
> still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
> trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
> biggy.
>
> Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm
>
> No, I'm not back in the bar business. :)
>
> Rich

You have been missed. Thanks for the update, and for the new
cartoon. Hope all keeps improving. And it's been 7 years since I've
had to play "Spin the Recliner." http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar28.htm

CDB

[email protected] wrote:
> Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
> Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
> practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
> a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
> hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
> bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
> back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
> they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
> still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
> trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
> biggy.
>
> Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm
>
> No, I'm not back in the bar business. :)
>
> Rich

Nice to hear from you!
This round is on me!

Matt

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
> Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
> practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
> a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
> hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
> bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
> back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
> they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
> still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
> trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
> biggy.
>
> Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm
>
> No, I'm not back in the bar business. :)
>
> Rich

Welcome back! Interesting times.

Marty

On Mar 23, 8:27 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
> Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
> practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
> a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
> hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
> bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
> back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
> they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
> still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
> trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
> biggy.
>
> Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm
>
> No, I'm not back in the bar business. :)
>
> Rich

Always good to see you're doing well, Rich.

JD

On Mar 23, 10:27 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
> Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
> practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
> a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
> hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
> bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
> back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
> they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
> still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
> trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
> biggy.
>
> Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm
>
> No, I'm not back in the bar business. :)
>
> Rich

Welcome back ... you have been missed, and so has the bar.

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:27:59 -0700, <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.
> Hurricane Ivan in '04 made my trails a bit hard to find and Katrina
> practically made them disappear. Quite discouraged, I quit riding for
> a long time. I've gone back and reopened a lot of trail using a bush-
> hog. I maintain about 3 miles of trail with a lawn tractor and a
> bagger, giving the mulch to Lynda for her garden. They have narrowed
> back down somewhat, are nowhere near as technical as they were but
> they are fast and fun and a lot easier to find after a hurricane. I
> still maintain a couple of sections of single track but the great
> trails I had down in the bottom land are just gone for good. No
> biggy.
>
> Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm
>
> No, I'm not back in the bar business. :)
>
> Rich

:)

> On Mar 23, 10:27 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Hey der! I'm just checking in after getting a heads up from JD.

Good to see you back! There are still a few of us 'old guys' around here.

> Anywayzz, here ya go: http://touart.com/amb/ambar/ambar86.htm

Nice. Looks like the old ones are still there, but one would have to have
been here awhile to understand the Kathleen and/or Travis references. :)

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address

Steve Baker wrote:

> Well, if Rich is going back to AM-Bar, I guess I'd better start
> reading the group again.

Who are you?

{ ROTFL }

Bill "beat JD to it" S.

PS: Avast, matey. Hope things are well.

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Steve Baker wrote:
>
>> Well, if Rich is going back to AM-Bar, I guess I'd better start
>> reading the group again.

> Who are you?
>
> { ROTFL }
>
> Bill "beat JD to it" S.
>
> PS: Avast, matey. Hope things are well.

Avast yourself, Sorni. Things is well, but I just don't have time to
read this much. I notice we have some new trolls (Welcome, all) and
have yet to get rid of some of the old ones.
Nice to see Carla and JD around still, even a peep or two from Corvus.
Plenty of familiar faces - good to be back.

Steve "Boat-Boy"

On Apr 13, 8:49 am, Steve Baker <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nice to see Carla and JD around still, even a peep or two from Corvus.
> Plenty of familiar faces - good to be back.

Greetings, Bro.

CC

On Apr 13, 5:49 am, Steve Baker <[email protected]> wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
> > Steve Baker wrote:

> >> Well, if Rich is going back to AM-Bar, I guess I'd better start
> >> reading the group again.

> > Who are you?

> > { ROTFL }

> > Bill "beat JD to it" S.

> > PS: Avast, matey. Hope things are well.

> Avast yourself, Sorni. Things is well, but I just don't have time to
> read this much. I notice we have some new trolls (Welcome, all) and
> have yet to get rid of some of the old ones.
> Nice to see Carla and JD around still, even a peep or two from Corvus.
> Plenty of familiar faces - good to be back.
>
> Steve "Boat-Boy"

The question remains, have you been riding?

JD