midnight commutes

Donga wrote:
> MWP wrote:
>> A shot from water pistol filled with lemon juice and water might be
>> worth trying on that dog.
>>

> That might be nicer than cloudy ammonia, which would make sure of the
> job (tried, tested and guaranteed).
>
> Donga

Does it work on magpies?

DaveB

DaveB wrote:
> Donga wrote:
>> MWP wrote:
>>> A shot from water pistol filled with lemon juice and water might be
>>> worth trying on that dog.
>>>

>> That might be nicer than cloudy ammonia, which would make sure of the
>> job (tried, tested and guaranteed).
>>
>> Donga
>>

> Does it work on magpies?
>
> DaveB

I think Asterope's original plan is less likely to lead into strife though ...

--
Karen

"Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
"You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
"...yes."
-Star Trek (any of them)

asterope wrote:
> well, I did my first midnight commute from work last night... actually,
> it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be.
>
> there were hardly any cars on the road, and the ones that were gave me
> ample room. surpsrisingly no knobs/bogans on the road last night, which
> was pleasant, and i managed to get myself home in 35 minutes...
> the most exciting thing that happened was being chased down by the
> silly dog on the corner of waterworks/jubilee... actually, that was
> kinda scary, he got pretty close to my front wheel. Im going to go have
> a word to the owners as i have been and have seen many people being
> chased by that dog in the evening when walking home from the shops
> etc.
>
> quite a pleasant time to be out on the roads really :D

Yep, I ride home at or after midnight and that's pretty much it.

Hardly any cars, people aren't in such a hurry and since there are no
cars coming the other way people who are overtaking are able to do so
while giving more room.

I think late at night is probably safer than early evening, when its
not quite perfectly dark and my lights and reflectors don't stand out
as much (or when the sun is low in the sky, which is worst of all) and
there are lots more people commuting home.

I've met a few late night bogans, but never had anything more than
abuse thrown at me.

Travis