Migrains

2laps said:
I also get headache after my races when i really gave it all. Always had to take some aspirin afterwards. But i don't like to do that. I will try your experiment with glucose before/during the race (looks promising). Hope this will help me to.
in road biking, the constant head extension can put stress on the sub-occipital and extensor muscles, which can cause tension headaches. try icing after a long ride, and massage once week will help as well.

This may have no relation to what you guys are talking about but I have suffered from Migraines for years and just found out I have Celiac disease. I'm gluten intollerant. I've only had a couple migraines after long, hot rides but I suffer from them because of my diet. Have to do away with any wheat flour, oats, barley, pasta... I used to have as many as 3 or 4 major ones a week but now may only have one a month if that. They don't know how it's connected to migraines but it sure has helped changing my diet to control it.

Mark

thirdeye73 said:
in road biking, the constant head extension can put stress on the sub-occipital and extensor muscles, which can cause tension headaches. try icing after a long ride, and massage once week will help as well.

This would be like some sort of cryogenic therapy would'nt it. Still, i rather like to prevent the headache in the first place. If you put to much stress on the sub-occipital and extensor muscles is that not a bit the same as muscle fatigue due to low energy in those musles? If it is, overloading with glucose stuff might do the trick as stated by Conniebiker.