Miguel Indurain documentary.

thanks for the link! great documentary. despite all the stories of him being on the juice, he is one of my favorite riders. pure class on the bike and off.

still looking forward to seeing what Miguel Indurain junior does. will he be a real "big mig" or more of a prudencio indurain?!

Thanks for the link; agreed with 'vitamin s', and the most formidable sight in a time trial, no-one was even near him. I just hope he wasn't on the juice too.

nice one, documentary was broadcasted in the 90's and now in 2011 we can see it thanks to youtube and to the user posting the video, hoping more of this come to surface,

Cheers all.

Unfortunately for me, I can't speak Spanish but I managed to get the gist of the video.

Vitamin : I agree with you BigMig was a gentleman both on and off the bike. The last great patron of the peloton!

Miguel always acted with class and always seemed like a true gent but I always throught it was a bit suspect that someone with a rather "blah" first few years as a pro became such a monster.

I remember watching "the" time trial in the 92 Tour at Luxembourg at my coaches house and everyone was just sitting there gobsmacked. Unreal... He just killed it and made everyone else just plain ordinary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jRU2XoD7MU

Indurain giving Lance, the world pro road champion at the time, the "Big Mig" treatment in a later Tour time trial. Brutal says it all...

http://youtu.be/HmR9k8UAohs

Quote: Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Miguel always acted with class and always seemed like a true gent but I always throught it was a bit suspect that someone with a rather "blah" first few years as a pro became such a monster.

this issue was discussed on another thread,

from the information on this documentary we have new information to add: 1) Indurain won at 18 years old the elite national championships in Spain
2) He was a protegee in the team since Pedro Delgado was the leader 3) He was spotted in his junior years as an upcoming promess since he could pass the mountains rather well in despite of his big stature 4) he had the potential to win so many more races but devoted himself to win in July 5) Merckx says this lack of winning instinct prevented him from winning races like the World Championships