Mike Jones

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by John Lieswyn, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. John Lieswyn

    John Lieswyn Guest

    Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read on
    http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=2769

    about Mike Jones I had to subscribe again, if only to say that despite his eating habits :) this guy
    seems to be less concerned with appearances (I just wanna be a pro) and more concerned with having
    fun. Good interview. Now to the 3 hour indoor trainer ride- I've been procrastinating all day.

    Mike, if you are reading this, shoot me an email at [email protected]

    -john

    Tags:

  2. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

    On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:37:27 GMT, "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read on
    >http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=2769
    >
    >about Mike Jones I had to subscribe again, if only to say that despite his eating habits :)
    >this guy seems to be less concerned with appearances (I just wanna be a pro) and more concerned
    >with having fun. Good interview. Now to the 3 hour indoor trainer ride- I've been
    >procrastinating all day.
    >
    >Mike, if you are reading this, shoot me an email at [email protected]
    >
    >-john

    Glad to see you're back John. Don't let the infantile nature of this group scare you away. There is
    still room for intelligent conversation here...some day...way in the future...maybe...

    Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  3. Dan Kane

    Dan Kane Guest

    John Lieswyn wrote:

    > eating habits :) this guy seems to be less concerned with appearances (I just wanna be a pro) and
    > more concerned with having fun.

    I'm not so sure that this pro thing hasn't gone to his head. I just looked for him on AOL IM and
    this was his away message:

    "Took Darby to walmart to get some bandages because he crashed on the bike path, Friggen Amateurs."

    Actually, you are right though, he's all about having fun and he does.

    Dan Kane

    btw, Darby is Darby Thomas, his former teammate on wheelworks and Collegiate RR champ last year, on
    the U23 National team this year I think.

  4. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    John Lieswyn <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read on

    RBR... Tougher to kick than heroin. It's worth it for the dream reports alone. Even Adam can't stay
    away although the stalker thing seems to have gotten to Verheul.

    But I swear, if JL has any weird ass dreams about ANYONE from Philly then I'm outta here.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]

  5. John Lieswyn

    John Lieswyn Guest

    I'll not be the first to say that I got carried away on defending my statements about yellow line
    rule. Anyway, I learned a lot in some really good email conversations with hardworking race
    promoters, and have changed my mind about it. The key I think is trying not to succumb to the
    temptation to flame people who you don't agree with. For example, I want to put flyers on every SUV
    in town saying "selfish (safety wise- high bumpers) gas guzzling (Iraqi oil requiring) pig! get a
    more efficient vehicle like a minivan- what do you need 4wd for anyway?". But I won't. It uses too
    much energy and feeds negativism. So I'll just smile at the 5000 lb SUV driver and say, hey, we are
    all Americans, and that vehicle is your choice. Have a good one.

    news:[email protected]...

  6. Bob Schwartz wrote:

    > RBR... Tougher to kick than heroin. It's worth it for the dream reports alone. Even Adam can't
    > stay away although the stalker thing seems to have gotten to Verheul.

    bob- you always manage to get me when i'm not expecting it.

    > But I swear, if JL has any weird ass dreams about ANYONE from Philly then I'm outta here.

    no way! i know where to find you (on a dairy farm, visiting a calf hutch, no?) so don't you even
    think about leaving.

    oh...yeah...ahem...i mean, please don't leave, i'd miss you.

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    I don't object to SUV's. I object to large commercial truck sized vehicles not having to obey large
    commercial sized truck driving regulations. Put them in the slow lane at 55 mph and they're fine.
    Instead we see them in the fast lane doing 100 mph and swerving from lane to lane while all of the
    cops look the other way. You'd think that politicians wouldn't be so concerned about the auto
    industry but there it is.

    "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'll not be the first to say that I got carried away on defending my statements about yellow line
    > rule. Anyway, I learned a lot in some
    really
    > good email conversations with hardworking race promoters, and have
    changed
    > my mind about it. The key I think is trying not to succumb to the temptation to flame people who
    > you don't agree with. For example, I
    want to
    > put flyers on every SUV in town saying "selfish (safety wise- high
    bumpers)
    > gas guzzling (Iraqi oil requiring) pig! get a more efficient
    vehicle like a
    > minivan- what do you need 4wd for anyway?". But I won't. It uses
    too much
    > energy and feeds negativism. So I'll just smile at the 5000 lb SUV
    driver
    > and say, hey, we are all Americans, and that vehicle is your choice.
    Have a
    > good one.
    >
    > Jeez, I can digress, huh? "ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:37:27 GMT, "John Lieswyn"
    <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I
    read on
    > > >http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=2769
    > > >
    > > >about Mike Jones I had to subscribe again, if only to say that
    despite
    > his
    > > >eating habits :) this guy seems to be less concerned with
    appearances (I
    > > >just wanna be a pro) and more concerned with having fun. Good
    interview.
    > > >Now to the 3 hour indoor trainer ride- I've been procrastinating
    all day.

    > > >Mike, if you are reading this, shoot me an email at
    > [email protected]
    > > >
    > > >-john
    > > >

    > > Glad to see you're back John. Don't let the infantile nature of
    this
    > > group scare you away. There is still room for intelligent
    conversation
    > > here...some day...way in the future...maybe...
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Chimp

  8. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'll not be the first to say that I got carried away on defending my statements about yellow line
    > rule. Anyway, I learned a lot in some really good email conversations with hardworking race
    > promoters, and have changed my mind about it. The key I think is trying not to succumb to the
    > temptation to flame people who you don't agree with. For example, I want
    > put flyers on every SUV in town saying "selfish (safety wise- high
    bumpers)
    > gas guzzling (Iraqi oil requiring) pig! get a more efficient vehicle like
    > minivan- what do you need 4wd for anyway?". But I won't. It uses too
    much
    > energy and feeds negativism. So I'll just smile at the 5000 lb SUV driver and say, hey, we are all
    > Americans, and that vehicle is your choice. Have
    > good one.
    >
    > Jeez, I can digress, huh? "ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:37:27 GMT, "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read
    on
    > > >http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=2769
    > > >
    > > >about Mike Jones I had to subscribe again, if only to say that despite
    > his
    > > >eating habits :) this guy seems to be less concerned with appearances
    (I
    > > >just wanna be a pro) and more concerned with having fun. Good
    interview.
    > > >Now to the 3 hour indoor trainer ride- I've been procrastinating all
    day.

    > > >Mike, if you are reading this, shoot me an email at
    > [email protected]
    > > >
    > > >-john
    > > >

    > > Glad to see you're back John. Don't let the infantile nature of this group scare you away. There
    > > is still room for intelligent conversation here...some day...way in the future...maybe...
    > >
    > > Thanks, Ronde Chimp

    Damn John..! I respect and like you too much; please don't start that damn SUV thread again! :)
    Hope you stick arround to engauge in some intelligent racing conversation. By the way, if you find
    some on this newsgroup, please wake me up and let me know. I'll be spending most of my time on
    Topica in the wattage forum.

    Danny Callen

  9. Monkeyhillcs

    Monkeyhillcs Guest

    I can't wait until the season starts up again so all the pros don't have time to post to rbr. It
    will be cool when they have to put they're keyboards away and start racing again.

  10. Dan Kane <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > Actually, you are right though, he's all about having fun and he does.
    >
    > Dan Kane

    Dan, you could not be more right. Mike is an inspiration to all overweight Cat 5's out there...in
    fact, he took the time with me last year prior to the Fitchburg Crit to let me inhale some fumes
    from the Bondo drying on the fender of his Subaru...good times, and better than Ephedra, I'll tell
    ya! Later on, we fashioned a ball from the duct tape holding down his trunk, and played some
    venerable old "Hackey-Sack!" Just me and mike. Wow.

    Seriously, the kid is an animal on the bike, and it will be great to watch him mix it up this year.
    When he finally hangs it up, though, I think he might have a future as a cycling columnist of
    color-commentator. That interview was one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

  11. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Mike's article at DP has nothing to do with rbr. It's still shitty here.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

    "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read on
    > http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=2769
    >
    > about Mike Jones I had to subscribe again, if only to say that despite his eating habits :)
    > this guy seems to be less concerned with appearances (I just wanna be a pro) and more concerned
    > with having fun. Good interview. Now to the 3 hour indoor trainer ride- I've been
    > procrastinating all day.
    >
    > Mike, if you are reading this, shoot me an email at
    [email protected]

    > -john

  12. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote ...

    > Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read on
    > http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=2769
    >
    > about Mike Jones I had to subscribe again, if only to say that despite his eating habits :)
    > this guy seems to be less concerned with appearances (I just wanna be a pro) and more concerned
    > with having fun. Good interview. Now to the 3 hour indoor trainer ride- I've been
    > procrastinating all day.

    I'll be rooting for Jones this year. Thanks for the pointer JL.

    -Ken

  13. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    hatred and negativity corrodes the vessel that carries it from the inside out jnelson, 2003

  14. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I'll be spending most of my time on Topica in the wattage forum.

    I suppose you have to get it somewhere. And Topica sure has a lot of wattage.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

  15. Amit

    Amit Guest

    [email protected] (Lance Indurain) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dan Kane <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > > Actually, you are right though, he's all about having fun and he does.
    > >
    > > Dan Kane
    > >
    > Dan, you could not be more right. Mike is an inspiration to all overweight Cat 5's out there...in
    > fact, he took the time with me last year prior to the Fitchburg Crit to let me inhale some fumes
    > from the Bondo drying on the fender of his Subaru...good times, and better than Ephedra, I'll tell
    > ya! Later on, we fashioned a ball from the duct tape holding down his trunk, and played some
    > venerable old "Hackey-Sack!" Just me and mike. Wow.

    This guy is capable of some high comedy

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=df5bdaa0.0211291513.27d3fb4d%40posting.g-
    oogle.com&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dkick%2Bass%2Bjones%2Bgroup:rec.bicycles.racing%26hl%3Den%26lr%3-
    D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26scoring%3Dd%26selm%3Ddf5bdaa0.0211291513.27d3fb4d%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D3

    -Amit

  16. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    news:484e772[email protected]...
    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'll be spending most of my time on Topica in the wattage forum.
    >
    > I suppose you have to get it somewhere. And Topica sure has a lot of wattage.
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Tom, I'll let you drive my SUV and ride my "Fred" Bike if you tell me what you're talking about!

    Danny Callen

  17. Bob Schwartz wrote:

    > John Lieswyn <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read on
    >
    > RBR... Tougher to kick than heroin.

    And we don't even get a performance boosting effect either.

    > It's worth it for the dream reports alone. Even Adam can't stay away although the stalker thing
    > seems to have gotten to Verheul.
    >
    > But I swear, if JL has any weird ass dreams about ANYONE from Philly then I'm outta here.
    >
    > Bob Schwartz [email protected]

    On another topic, I've realized I was really overboard using my Holy Fucking Shit! line on you.
    Others have made it far more meaningful. I'm not sure if you would consider that an upgrade or a
    downgrade. hmmm... Club rider or Rueben rider?

  18. Mike Jones

    Mike Jones Guest

    >Subject: Re: Mike Jones From: "Ken Papai" [email protected] Date: 1/23/2003 10:24 AM Mountain
    >Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
    >

    >"John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote ...
    >
    >> Hey all. I'd given up (actually unsubscribed) on RBR but when I read on
    >> http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=2769
    >>
    >> about Mike Jones I had to subscribe again, if only to say that despite his eating habits :)
    >> this guy seems to be less concerned with appearances (I just wanna be a pro) and more concerned
    >> with having fun. Good interview. Now to the 3 hour indoor trainer ride- I've been
    >> procrastinating all day.
    >
    >I'll be rooting for Jones this year. Thanks for the pointer JL.
    >
    >-Ken

    Guys, Thanks for reading the interview.

    I have to be honest though, a thread with the title of my name is making me nervous. On a 20 dude
    group ride today a car came at us from the opposite lane trying to pass another car. Everybody was
    braking and stuff, Me? I just ran into the guy ahead of me and had a yardsale on the side of the
    road. I would like to blame it on the conversation with the guy next to me but in reality I think it
    was cause of the anxiety of not checking RBR for 6 hours and what might be going on on this thread.
    I almost put my laptop with wireless access in my camelback and brought it along with me just to
    keep up with it.

    Thanks Again, Mike Jones

  19. John Lieswyn

    John Lieswyn Guest

    OH JESUS. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. I don't know if someone as inconsistent an
    RBR'r as me can do this, but I nominate this for the Post of the Month competition. Well, the one
    where he dropped his ice cream reading about how some bonehead thought he was a juicer, that was
    pretty funny too, but still second to this one:

    >"Mike Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    >Guys, Thanks for reading the interview.
    >
    > I have to be honest though, a thread with the title of my name is making
    me
    > nervous. On a 20 dude group ride today a car came at us from the opposite
    lane
    > trying to pass another car. Everybody was braking and stuff, Me? I just
    ran
    > into the guy ahead of me and had a yardsale on the side of the road. I
    would
    > like to blame it on the conversation with the guy next to me but in
    reality I
    > think it was cause of the anxiety of not checking RBR for 6 hours and what might be going on on
    > this thread. I almost put my laptop with wireless
    access
    > in my camelback and brought it along with me just to keep up with it.
    >
    > Thanks Again, Mike Jones

  20. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "John Lieswyn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Well, the one where he dropped his ice cream reading about how some bonehead thought he was a
    > juicer, that
    was
    > pretty funny too

    No one listens to Lafferty.