Mike Powell's Photo of 1992 Tour Dupont Stage Win

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Raymo853, Mar 27, 2003.

  1. Raymo853

    Raymo853 Guest

    I was tossing old magazines and noticed an old photo I would like to get as a poster. It was in the
    April 1994 issue of Bicycling. The photo credit lists Mike Powell working for Allsport. The photo is
    of Thorsten Wilhelms (German then an amature now on Team coast) throwing his bike right past Michel
    Zanoli (Netherlans ret 1996) of Motorola right on the line. The photo is great, it was raining,
    Wilhelms just looked so beat up, tired, pushing at 100% and seems to have an infected road rash scar
    on his leg.

    I looked up Powel, Wilhelms and Zanoli and found about them but did not find an archive or contact
    for Powell.

    Tags:

  2. Jim Feeley

    Jim Feeley Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Raymo853 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I was tossing old magazines and noticed an old photo I would like to get as a poster. It was in
    > the April 1994 issue of Bicycling. The photo credit lists Mike Powell working for Allsport.

    If he was working for Allsport, then they probably own the rights. Allsport's owned by Getty Images
    now, I think. So you could contact them (and be ready to spend some serious money, I'd guess):

    http://newsandsport.gettyimages.com/gins/home/home.asp

    Jim