Mike Tomalaris, you are a big fat sushi bratwurst crispbread kn*b

Sitting here, listening to you bag Floyd Landis for not being as
"charismatic" as Lance Armstrong, fair makes me blood boil. Get on your
bike Mike, and ride up some of those hills like he did. You'd be off
the back quicker than a bride's nighty, sonny. Especially galling, as I
listen to you stutter, malaprop and stumble through minutes of filler
before you get the live feed. Even Phil Anderson, not naturally Mr.
Smooth and Charming himself, does a better job. Charismatic? Nup.

I like Floyd. He's got an evident decency and honesty that is rare in
the ego-obsessed world of pro cycling. I've hung around with a few pros
(not quite at this level tho') and it's rare to find humility as a
virtue amongst them. Not only is he good, and he knows it, but he
hasn't got tickets on himself. So Mike, pull your big boof head in and
stick to what you are good at, um, what was it that you are good at
again? Intelligently broadcasting cycling detail to the waiting masses?
Knowing something about the sport that you can't pick up by reading
internet digests, like Phil and Paul? Wearing fetchingly coloured
shirts on national TV (what is it with the PINK SBS shirts)?

Glad I don't have to watch you for another year, you twonk.

MH

This Mike guy seems to stir up some emotion in Oz.
In sweden we have two guys, somewhat nerdy, but quite good
and funny, so I am abit lucky I guess.
But do not bag crispbread, I am in the land of crispbread, Sweden.
Do not think that the shitty ryyvita stuff you get is the real deal. :)
If you go to Finland, try some "maukas" bread. It means tasty in finish.
Hmm, I think it means wh*re in latvian though. He he.
Or check this out
leksandknäcke
Or
Knäckebröd
Or
Falurågrut

I love this stuff, but the ryvita dusty shite you get, is not nice at all.

You haven't seen the silly Renault ads (Renault are sponsoring the
broadcast in Oz) with the aforementioned foodstuffs, giant-sized,
exploding under pressure in car crash testing rigs? MT is lucky I
didn't call him a soggy baguette. My housemate has Swedish connections,
and buys Knackebrod (forgive my lack of umlauts), I call it Knacker
bread (unsavory connotations in Oz English), coz it still tastes like
wallboard to me. Sorry. I like sushi, tho.

We get Phil Liggett (all hail Phil) and Paul Sherwen, but only after
Mike has his little blather at the start.

MH

Claes wrote:
> This Mike guy seems to stir up some emotion in Oz.
> In sweden we have two guys, somewhat nerdy, but quite good
> and funny, so I am abit lucky I guess.
> But do not bag crispbread, I am in the land of crispbread, Sweden.
> Do not think that the shitty ryyvita stuff you get is the real deal.
> :)
> If you go to Finland, try some "maukas" bread. It means tasty in
> finish.
> Or check this out
> 'leksandknäcke' (http://tinyurl.com/gqw29)
> Or
> 'Knäckebröd' (http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuva:Knaeckebroed.jpg)
> Or
> 'Falurågrut' (http://mm.blogg.se/images/kn_ckebr_d_1143486979.jpg)
>
> I love this stuff, but the ryvita dusty shite you get, is not nice at
> all.
>

> --
> Claes

And talk about blather - the presentations confirm, with Mike's dulcet
tones over them, that he is the worst English language sports
broadcaster of any sporting discipline in the world ever, anywhere. He
is a mentally under-resourced, under-talented fool.You could stick a
lower primate, say, a lemur, anything with an opposable thumb up there
and it would squawk and chatter more coherently than him. I am thinking
of starting an "I think Mike Tomolaris should stick to board game (not
Scrabble) reporting" website, pressure group, t-shirt run, commando,
etc., just to get his ugly mug away from a sport that people need all
the encouragement they can get to follow and pursue. They'll not get it
from him. He doesn't deserve whatever SBS give him, which I hope is the
barest pittance, that other real cycling journalists laugh at behind
his back, and to his face. I hope they snub him in the bar, in the
compound, on the street. I actively hope cyclists DON'T want to be
interviewed by him ( . . .ok so far). I am sorry for SBS, that they
have put their efforts into such a dud. He's not even hilariously bad.
He's just an earnestly dull, mundane,
full-of-himself-for-no-good-reason hack, who is often visibly bored on
camera, especially when he's interviewing people.

Now it is time for Milo and slippers, and a quick read of "Cranky Old
Man Monthly" before I toddle off to nigh-nighs. :)

MH

You haven't seen the silly Renault ads (Renault are sponsoring the
broadcast in Oz) with the aforementioned foodstuffs, giant-sized,
exploding under pressure in car crash testing rigs? MT is lucky I
didn't call him a soggy baguette. My housemate has Swedish connections,
and buys Knackebrod (forgive my lack of umlauts), I call it Knacker
bread (unsavory connotations in Oz English), coz it still tastes like
wallboard to me. Sorry. I like sushi, tho.

We get Phil Liggett (all hail Phil) and Paul Sherwen, but only after
Mike has his little blather at the start.

MH
You can not call it Knacker bread. I have lived in Ireland for almost 5 years, and the first thing they teach you is about knackers, tinkers and skangers.
Tinker is an old name for a knacker, a knacker is basically in irish gypsy that lives in trailers, travels around the place and causes normal people lots of hassle. Now, a skanger, that is a knacker with house. Simple, right? :)
An english translation would be snap-bread or crack-bread but that gives bad vibes. :)

Claes wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:
> > You haven't seen the silly Renault ads (Renault are sponsoring the
> > broadcast in Oz) with the aforementioned foodstuffs, giant-sized,
> > exploding under pressure in car crash testing rigs? MT is lucky I
> > didn't call him a soggy baguette. My housemate has Swedish
> > connections,
> > and buys Knackebrod (forgive my lack of umlauts), I call it Knacker
> > bread (unsavory connotations in Oz English), coz it still tastes like
> > wallboard to me. Sorry. I like sushi, tho.
> >
> > We get Phil Liggett (all hail Phil) and Paul Sherwen, but only after
> > Mike has his little blather at the start.
> >
> > MH
> >

> You can not call it Knacker bread. I have lived in Ireland for almost 5
> years, and the first thing they teach you is about knackers, tinkers and
> skangers.

But in "aus.", knacker means testicle.

Tomalaris' yakkety yak blah blah-beblah while the presentations went on fairly made my blood boil. Spoiled an almost perfect TdF. Who the f*ck cares what that bl**dy web journo or Mike thinks about this or that or the other????????? The presentations are part of the show, dickwad! You missed Floyd's "speech" and then it had to be re-transmitted! I say fire his ass.

That's what I mean. Slightly derogatory, gets up the housemates nose no
end :)

Bleve wrote:
> But in "aus.", knacker means testicle.

.... it also means the guy/factory that boils down broken down cows to
make glue and gelatin (that Lexus drivers then get injected into their
lips to make them look kissable ... yecch).

Donga

DO you get up and kiss them after they wipe you out? Mate, you're
LIVING the Jesus thing :) (no flames from fundo Christians please)

MH

Donga wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
> > But in "aus.", knacker means testicle.

> ... it also means the guy/factory that boils down broken down cows to
> make glue and gelatin (that Lexus drivers then get injected into their
> lips to make them look kissable ... yecch).
>
> Donga

mfhor wrote -

> I like Floyd. He's got an evident decency and honesty that is rare in
> the ego-obsessed world of pro cycling. >

Found it interesting to read the attitudes and body language of the peleton
to Floyd at the start of the last stage (before anyone turned a pedal in
anger for that day) - they seem to recognise and applaud him what he did and
those are the guys that would know (as opposed to the commentators who are
at best second guessing).

For his part he seemed humble and likeable, and that seemed to be recognised
by his peers as well.

A great tour, and some worthy winners.

But I still want to know what the full story is on Ulrich / Basso et al-
appreciate T-Mobile gave the Kaiser the flick but all of this seems to have
happened on the basis of 'suspicion' - anyone got the good oil on the
full/real story?

best, Andrew

Personally, I like the way Landis conducted himself this year. Was great to
see after Armstrong.

Armstrong has often been a bit too quick to bag others. Landis always seemed
happy to talk about what has happening in the tour. Never heard him bag
other riders or the media.

news:[email protected]...