Mike V. and Terri Have Finally Convinced Me...

Sean S

Guest
Hello group,

After several months' worth of reading Mike V's and Terri Avillar's points of view, I have to say
that they finally convinced me...

They've convinced me that pseudo-environmental whack jobs pose a real threat toward access of the
trails we use as mountain bikers.

Today, I finally decided to take action and have joined not only the IMBA, but a local mountain bike
club as well.

Mikey and Terri can rant and rave here all they want, but I've finally decided to put my money where
my mouth is, and send some money to the folks who can make a real difference in the mountain biking
community.

To take it one step further... I've also gone to my LBS and put down a deposit on a 2003 Gary Fisher
Sugar 2+ Disc. A new bike was one of the things I had been considering spending part of my tax
refund on, and they've finally convinced me the time was right to upgrade. I'm giving my old ride,
which was basically one step above a department store bike, to a family member who has expressed a
mild interest in the sport. He's already asked if the rack on my car is capable of carrying two
bikes, and where I go riding.

With any luck, the sport will have found yet another active participant.

So... take a bow Mikey and Terri, not only are your rants directly responsible for increased
memebership in two mountain bike advocacy groups, but they've just sold a $2K+ bike and got someone
else started in the sport.

I know you'll both be proud... ;-)

"Sean S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello group,
>
> After several months' worth of reading Mike V's and Terri Avillar's points
of
> view, I have to say that they finally convinced me...
>
> They've convinced me that pseudo-environmental whack jobs pose a real
threat
> toward access of the trails we use as mountain bikers.
>
> Today, I finally decided to take action and have joined not only the IMBA,
but
> a local mountain bike club as well.
>
> Mikey and Terri can rant and rave here all they want, but I've finally
decided
> to put my money where my mouth is, and send some money to the folks who
can
> make a real difference in the mountain biking community.
>
> To take it one step further... I've also gone to my LBS and put down a
deposit
> on a 2003 Gary Fisher Sugar 2+ Disc. A new bike was one of the things I
had
> been considering spending part of my tax refund on, and they've finally convinced me the time was
> right to upgrade. I'm giving my old ride, which
was
> basically one step above a department store bike, to a family member who
has
> expressed a mild interest in the sport. He's already asked if the rack on
my
> car is capable of carrying two bikes, and where I go riding.
>
> With any luck, the sport will have found yet another active participant.
>
> So... take a bow Mikey and Terri, not only are your rants directly
responsible
> for increased memebership in two mountain bike advocacy groups, but
they've
> just sold a $2K+ bike and got someone else started in the sport.
>
> I know you'll both be proud... ;-)

I'm with you on this one Sean. I never realized this sort of anti MTB nuts were out there. I will be
joining IMBA as well after reading some of their posts. Also, while I won't be getting a new MTB
myself :-( I am buying one for my daughter. She will now be on the trails as soon as they dry up-
hopefully by spring break. Paul

>From: "Paul Westall"

>I'm with you on this one Sean. I never realized this sort of anti MTB nuts were out there. I will
>be joining IMBA as well after reading some of their posts. Also, while I won't be getting a new MTB
>myself :-( I am buying one for my daughter. She will now be on the trails as soon as they dry up-
>hopefully by spring break.

I'm hoping the trails around here dry up by June! We got six inches of snow Monday, and it rained
Tuesday. Now... on Wednesday... more rain, with even more forecast for Thursday and Friday! The only
consolation is that the new bike isn't in yet... hopefully the weather will cooperate then...

>From: "Paul Westall"

>I'm with you on this one Sean. I never realized this sort of anti MTB
nuts
>were out there. I will be joining IMBA as well after reading some of
their
>posts. Also, while I won't be getting a new MTB myself :-( I am
buying
>one for my daughter. She will now be on the trails as soon as they dry
up-
>hopefully by spring break.

Here is the address:

http://www.imba.com/

Dave in Minnesota

[email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> They've convinced me that pseudo-environmental whack jobs pose a real threat toward access of the
> trails we use as mountain bikers.

Has anyone ever called you an idiot?

JD consider it done

[email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello group,
>
> After several months' worth of reading Mike V's and Terri Avillar's points of view, I have to say
> that they finally convinced me...
>
> They've convinced me that pseudo-environmental whack jobs pose a real threat toward access of the
> trails we use as mountain bikers.
>
> Today, I finally decided to take action and have joined not only the IMBA, but a local mountain
> bike club as well.
>
> Mikey and Terri can rant and rave here all they want, but I've finally decided to put my money
> where my mouth is, and send some money to the folks who can make a real difference in the mountain
> biking community.
>
> To take it one step further... I've also gone to my LBS and put down a deposit on a 2003 Gary
> Fisher Sugar 2+ Disc. A new bike was one of the things I had been considering spending part of my
> tax refund on, and they've finally convinced me the time was right to upgrade. I'm giving my old
> ride, which was basically one step above a department store bike, to a family member who has
> expressed a mild interest in the sport. He's already asked if the rack on my car is capable of
> carrying two bikes, and where I go riding.
>
> With any luck, the sport will have found yet another active participant.
>
> So... take a bow Mikey and Terri, not only are your rants directly responsible for increased
> memebership in two mountain bike advocacy groups, but they've just sold a $2K+ bike and got
> someone else started in the sport.
>
> I know you'll both be proud... ;-)

Even Gary Fisher admitted that shared use of trails are successful when admitting mountain bikes IS
A MYTH. That is supported by case law and thousands of recorded experiences. Terri Alvillar

"Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Even Gary Fisher admitted that shared use of trails are successful when admitting mountain bikes
> IS A MYTH.

Come back when you learn how to write coherent sentences.

Bill "use are successful is a myth...wtf?!??!?!??!?" S.

"Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Even Gary Fisher admitted that shared use of trails are successful when admitting mountain bikes
> IS A MYTH. That is supported by case law and thousands of recorded experiences. Terri Alvillar

That means nothing, I don't imagine much of anything is shared well in you area. Bikes, horses and
hikers get along just fine here in SW Colorado. By Mr. Vs definition, you just lied! But I will
assume you just think there are no other hike/bike trails in the country other than where you live,
so I guess you are simply ignorant.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

"Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Even Gary Fisher admitted that shared use of trails are successful when admitting mountain bikes
> IS A MYTH. That is supported by case law and thousands of recorded experiences. Terri Alvillar

Just where specifically are these "recorded experiences" located.

Probably deep within your mind.....

Better start taking you meds or the loser patrol will be knocking at your door!

POAD-

mj

> "Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > [email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> >

> > Even Gary Fisher admitted that shared use of trails are successful when admitting mountain bikes
> > IS A MYTH. That is supported by case law and thousands of recorded experiences. Terri Alvillar

Rode up horse gulch today, beautiful day, saw no other riders in the short hour I was out. I did
pass 3 sets of hikers, 2 younger gals (they are all younger compared to me), an older couple, and a
lone woman jogging. Except for the jogger with her headphones, we all had nice little conversations
regarding the change in weather this week. And even the jogger and I said hi. I don't have thousands
of recorded experiences (I believe that is an exageration), but that is a common experience for me
when I am on my bike or am the hiker. So are you a liar? I don't think so, not intentionally, but I
think you are very unfair with your generalizations. You are heading in the direction of being
labeled as Mrs. V., is that really what you want?
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Even Gary Fisher admitted that shared use of trails are successful when admitting mountain bikes
> > IS A MYTH.
>
> Come back when you learn how to write coherent sentences.
>
> Bill "use are successful is a myth...wtf?!??!?!??!?" S.

You're right - bad sentence. Let me try again. Gary Fisher admitted it is a myth that shared use of
trails (i.e. singletrack) is successful when mountain bikes are included. Terri Alvillar

>From: [email protected] (JD)

>Has anyone ever called you an idiot?
>
>JD consider it done

Ooooohhh... I'm so insulted.

And to answer your question... yes, far greater people have... which makes me only laugh at posts
like yours... ;-)

On 9 Apr 2003 20:18:43 -0700, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

[email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... .> They've convinced me that
pseudo-environmental whack jobs pose a real threat .> toward access of the trails we use as mountain
bikers. . .Has anyone ever called you an idiot? . .JD consider it done

It runs in the family. The mountain biker family.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

[email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: [email protected] (JD)
>
> >Has anyone ever called you an idiot?
> >
> >JD consider it done
>
> Ooooohhh... I'm so insulted.
>
> And to answer your question... yes, far greater people have... which makes me only laugh at posts
> like yours... ;-)

That's funny, especially since your posts have the weight of a popcorn fart. You don't count.

JD

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:34:14 GMT, "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote:

."Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> [email protected] (Sean S) wrote
in message .news:<[email protected]>... .> Even Gary Fisher admitted that
shared use of trails are successful .> when admitting mountain bikes IS A MYTH. That is supported by
case .> law and thousands of recorded experiences. .> Terri Alvillar . .That means nothing, I don't
imagine much of anything is shared well in you .area. .Bikes, horses and hikers get along just fine
here in SW Colorado.

I would guess that non-mountain bikers would assess the situation differently....

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:49:37 GMT, "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote:

.> "Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message .>
news:[email protected]... .> > [email protected] (Sean S) wrote
in message .> news:<[email protected]>... .> > .> > .> > .> > Even Gary
Fisher admitted that shared use of trails are successful .> > when admitting mountain bikes IS A
MYTH. That is supported by case .> > law and thousands of recorded experiences. .> > Terri Alvillar
.> . .Rode up horse gulch today, beautiful day, saw no other riders in the short .hour I was out. I
did pass 3 sets of hikers, 2 younger gals (they are all .younger compared to me), an older couple,
and a lone woman jogging. Except .for the jogger with her headphones, we all had nice little
conversations .regarding the change in weather this week. And even the jogger and I said .hi.

And just what do you think that that proved? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, as far as I can see.

.I don't have thousands of recorded experiences (I believe that is an .exageration), but that is a
common experience for me when I am on my bike or .am the hiker. .So are you a liar? I don't think
so, not intentionally, but I think you are .very unfair with your generalizations. .You are heading
in the direction of being labeled as Mrs. V., is that really .what you want?

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

[email protected] (popcorn fart) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: [email protected] (JD)
>
> >That's funny, especially since your posts have the weight of a popcorn fart. You don't count.
> >

> Still better than leading such a pathetic life that one has to spend most of their free time on
> this newsgroup insulting people.

Yeah Dr. Dimestore, my life sucks and all I ever do is sit behind a keyboard in my free time. I live
in the middle of a megalopolis that has no trails, ride a Huffy on sidewalks for kicks, and have the
nerve to call myself a mountain biker.

> But, if running your mouth from behind the safety of a keyboard makes you feel less like a loser,
> I suppose it's the only thing that will compensate for your own lack of self esteem...

I have a huge 4x4 pickup truck that compensates very well, thank you
Dr. Dimestore.

Idiots come here and post troll ******** to the two pathetic anti-mountain bikers and then get all
pissy when someone who has seen all kinds of lameo trollbait popcorn fart posts tells them that they
are in fact, an idiot. Get over it, then just shut the hell up and ride. That is if you even ride a
bicycle, Sigmund Fraud.

JD

Sean S wrote:>
> Sure do... picked up the new bike from my LBS today. Since it has finally stopped raining, and is
> supposed to be sunny with temps in the high 60's/low 70's for the next few days (as opposed to
> the snow/rain and 30's/40's we've had all week), shutting up and riding is exactly what I intend
> to do...

how about a ride report then.

penny

[email protected] (Sean S) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: [email protected] (JD)
>
> >Yeah Dr. Dimestore, my life sucks and all I ever do is sit behind a keyboard in my free time. I
> >live in the middle of a megalopolis that has no trails, ride a Huffy on sidewalks for kicks, and
> >have the nerve to call myself a mountain biker.
>
> I figured you more as a Radio Flyer type. Oh well, my bad.

Actually, it's not a Huffy per se, but is a 1930's model Dayton made by Huffman at the good 'ol
Davis Sewing Machine factory.

> Sure do... picked up the new bike from my LBS today. Since it has finally stopped raining, and is
> supposed to be sunny with temps in the high 60's/low 70's for the next few days (as opposed to
> the snow/rain and 30's/40's we've had all week), shutting up and riding is exactly what I intend
> to do...

If it's a kona, it'll break.

JD