Mike Vandeman Poll

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jeff Strickland, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    environment, speak up now.

    Tags:

  2. Strider

    Strider Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:02:29 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    >environment, speak up now.

    no

    He is kook.

    Strider

  3. Jeff Strickland wrote:

    > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > environment, speak up now.

    Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    newsgroups ?

    My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.

    And take your dumbass "poll" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

    --
    Ken Fortenberry

  4. On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:02:29 -0800, Jeff Strickland wrote:

    > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > environment, speak up now.

    He's a certifiable lunatic. But he's funny and I like to bait him.

    Unfortunately, some believe he's legit and actually give him respect and try to engage him in real
    exchanges of information.....

    --Kamus

    --
    o__ | If you're old, eat right and ride a decent bike. ,>/'_ | Q. (_)\(_) | Usenet posting`

  5. Strider

    Strider Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:00:44 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >
    >> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    >> environment, speak up now.
    >
    >Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    >newsgroups ?
    >
    >My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.
    >
    >And take your dumbass "poll" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

    Does that count as a yes or no?

    Strider

  6. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    Kamus of Kadizhar <[email protected]> wrote:

    >He's a certifiable lunatic. But he's funny and I like to bait him.
    >
    >Unfortunately, some believe he's legit and actually give him respect and try to engage him in real
    >exchanges of information.....

    All you're really doing is giving the guy a forum. Most of us have long since kill-filed him to keep
    the useless noise level down.

    If you reply to MV, chances are YOU get kill-filed as well so we don't have to read his nonsense
    second hand.

    It's your call of course - but it's like wrestling with a pig. You can't win, and the pig likes it.

  7. Michael Paul

    Michael Paul Guest

    "Ken Fortenberry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >
    > > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and
    balanced
    > > advocate for the environment, speak up now.
    >
    > Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    > newsgroups ?
    >
    > My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.

    yeah! 'cuz paving is so environmentally correct!

    Michael

  8. R.White

    R.White Guest

    Ken Fortenberry <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >
    > > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > > environment, speak up now.
    >
    > Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    > newsgroups ?

    To get the likes of you to respond.

    > My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.

    Yeah, make more room for the ATV's.

    > And take your dumbass "poll" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

    Likewise with your "personal opinion".

  9. "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > environment, speak up now.

    Mike exemplifies the beauty of public newsgroups. Every writer has a forum; every reader a choice.
    The alternative is unacceptable.

  10. Bob Burns

    Bob Burns Guest

    Jeff Strickland wrote:
    > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > environment, speak up now.

    May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him?

    --
    Bob Burns Mill Hall PA [email protected]

  11. Per Löwdin

    Per Löwdin Guest

    > May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him?

    Sure, I have gone one step further, and many with me I believe, I just block all his spam so they
    don´t even appear.

    Per http://lowdin.nu

  12. Bob Burns

    Bob Burns Guest

    Per Löwdin wrote:
    >> May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him?
    >
    > Sure, I have gone one step further, and many with me I believe, I just block all his spam so they
    > don´t even appear.
    >
    > Per http://lowdin.nu

    Me too, but I still get everyone elses replies!

    --
    Bob Burns Mill Hall PA [email protected]

  13. Trailgalore

    Trailgalore Guest

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > environment, speak up now.

    Very,very,very..............................................................
    ............................................................................ ....remote

  14. Of 11 respondants, 1 seems to support Mike, and that respondant wasn't very clear.

    Nobody thinks that Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the environment.

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > environment, speak up now.

  15. On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:12:56 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

    AMEN!

    .Andy Chequer

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  16. On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:22:52 GMT, "Bob Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Jeff Strickland wrote: .> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and .>
    balanced advocate for the environment, speak up now. . .May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike
    is to ignore him?

    Good. Then there would be no one to refute me (not that you can even when you TRY!).
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  17. On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:41:26 GMT, "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote:

    .> May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him? . .Sure, I have gone one step
    further, and many with me I believe, I just block .all his spam so they don´t even appear. . .Per
    .http://lowdin.nu

    Are you kidding? You are the worst trollee of all.
    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  18. I can refute you easier than I can wipe my ass.

    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:22:52 GMT, "Bob Burns" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > .Jeff Strickland wrote: .> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and .>
    > balanced advocate for the environment, speak up now. . .May I suggest the best way to deal with
    > Mike is to ignore him?
    >
    > Good. Then there would be no one to refute me (not that you can even when
    you
    > TRY!).
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  19. Jim Roberts

    Jim Roberts Guest

    Strider is Aragorn, so get a life.