Mike Vandeman Poll

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jeff Strickland, Feb 28, 2004.

1. If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    environment, speak up now.

Tags:

2. Strider

Strider Guest

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:02:29 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    >environment, speak up now.
    >

no

He is kook.

Strider

3. Jeff Strickland wrote:

> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > environment, speak up now.

Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    newsgroups ?

My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.

And take your dumbass "poll" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

--
    Ken Fortenberry

4. On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 16:02:29 -0800, Jeff Strickland wrote:

> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the

He's a certifiable lunatic. But he's funny and I like to bait him.

Unfortunately, some believe he's legit and actually give him respect and try to engage him in real
    exchanges of information.....

--Kamus

--
    o__ | If you're old, eat right and ride a decent bike. ,>/'_ | Q. (_)\(_) | Usenet posting`

5. Strider

Strider Guest

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:00:44 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >
    >> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    >> environment, speak up now.
    >
    >Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    >newsgroups ?
    >
    >My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.
    >
    >And take your dumbass "poll" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Does that count as a yes or no?

Strider

6. Mark Hickey

Mark Hickey Guest

Kamus of Kadizhar <[email protected]> wrote:

>He's a certifiable lunatic. But he's funny and I like to bait him.
    >
    >Unfortunately, some believe he's legit and actually give him respect and try to engage him in real
    >exchanges of information.....

All you're really doing is giving the guy a forum. Most of us have long since kill-filed him to keep
    the useless noise level down.

If you reply to MV, chances are YOU get kill-filed as well so we don't have to read his nonsense
    second hand.

It's your call of course - but it's like wrestling with a pig. You can't win, and the pig likes it.

Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

7. Michael Paul

Michael Paul Guest

"Ken Fortenberry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >
    > > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and
    balanced
    > > advocate for the environment, speak up now.
    >
    > Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    > newsgroups ?
    >
    > My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.

yeah! 'cuz paving is so environmentally correct!

Michael

8. R.White

R.White Guest

Ken Fortenberry <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >
    > > If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    > > environment, speak up now.
    >
    > Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    > newsgroups ?

To get the likes of you to respond.

>
    > My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.

Yeah, make more room for the ATV's.

>
    > And take your dumbass "poll" and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Likewise with your "personal opinion".

9. "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >
    >

Mike exemplifies the beauty of public newsgroups. Every writer has a forum; every reader a choice.
    The alternative is unacceptable.

10. Bob Burns

Bob Burns Guest

Jeff Strickland wrote:

May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him?

--
    Bob Burns Mill Hall PA [email protected]

11. Per Löwdin

Per Löwdin Guest

> May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him?

Sure, I have gone one step further, and many with me I believe, I just block all his spam so they
    don´t even appear.

Per http://lowdin.nu

12. Bob Burns

Bob Burns Guest

Per Löwdin wrote:
    >> May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him?
    >
    > Sure, I have gone one step further, and many with me I believe, I just block all his spam so they
    > don´t even appear.
    >
    > Per http://lowdin.nu

Me too, but I still get everyone elses replies!

--
    Bob Burns Mill Hall PA [email protected]

13. Trailgalore

Trailgalore Guest

"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Very,very,very..............................................................
    ............................................................................ ....remote

14. Of 11 respondants, 1 seems to support Mike, and that respondant wasn't very clear.

Nobody thinks that Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the environment.

"Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

15. On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:12:56 -0000, "Andy Chequer"
    <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote:

AMEN!

.Andy Chequer

===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

16. On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:22:52 GMT, "Bob Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Jeff Strickland wrote: .> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and .>
    balanced advocate for the environment, speak up now. . .May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike
    is to ignore him?

Good. Then there would be no one to refute me (not that you can even when you TRY!).
    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

17. On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:41:26 GMT, "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]> wrote:

.> May I suggest the best way to deal with Mike is to ignore him? . .Sure, I have gone one step
    further, and many with me I believe, I just block .all his spam so they don´t even appear. . .Per
    .http://lowdin.nu

Are you kidding? You are the worst trollee of all.
    ===

18. I can refute you easier than I can wipe my ass.

"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:22:52 GMT, "Bob Burns" <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    >
    > .Jeff Strickland wrote: .> If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and .>
    > balanced advocate for the environment, speak up now. . .May I suggest the best way to deal with
    > Mike is to ignore him?
    >
    > Good. Then there would be no one to refute me (not that you can even when
    you
    > TRY!).
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

19. Jim Roberts

Jim Roberts Guest

Strider is Aragorn, so get a life.

jimbat

Strider wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:00:44 GMT, Ken Fortenberry <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>If there is ANYBODY that thinks Mike is a remotely reasonable and balanced advocate for the
    >>>environment, speak up now.
    >>
    >>Why would ANYBODY want to conduct a "poll" about an individual poster to unmoderated Usenet
    >>newsgroups ?
    >>
    >>My personal opinion is that if ain't paved, keep your goddamn bicycles off of it.
    >>
    >>And take your dumbass "poll" and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    >
    >
    > Does that count as a yes or no?
    >
    > Strider