Mike Vandeman Poll

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:41:28 GMT, Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote:

. . .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .[...] . .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .Hmm, it seemed that Netscape 7.1 automatically deleted your question .about the physics of mountain biking. There isn't any, except the .obvious observations of erosion, erosion. I have seen a lot of it on .what *used* to be favorite hiking trails, and my son, an experienced .mountain biker, agrees with me completely, though not about much else. . .On this issue, you lose.

Lose WHAT? It's obvious that the greater speed, weight (bike + rider), acceleration, & distance travelled mean that bikers have a greater impact on the trail, as well as the animals & plants on the trail. Don't you agree?

.jimbat

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:18:20 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

.Jim Roberts wrote: .> . .> .> There was one appalling incident. My kids and I had just come back from .> a hike up the road to Henniger Flats, and were several blocks away on .> the way home when a Sheriff's cruiser pulled us over in my Porsche 911. . .Thanks for letting us know you have a 911. You've instantly become my hero.

Mountain bikers have rather low standards....

.> Well, what a compliment. I do have a double major from Harvard. a PhC .> in physical chemistry, and a Phd in Astronomy, thesis written at .> Caltech, and though I was a theorist observed at Kitt Peak, and La .> Silla, Chile, to name a few, and have more than 10 published papers that .> you probably could not read, and have an M mountaineering leadership .> rating from the LA Sierra Club. All sorts of scientific jobs, and a .> much more comfortable lifestyle than my kids' unemployable mother. . .Somehow I doubt all that since you can't write proper English. . .> I have a paper .> that's much harder to read, . .I can write unreadable stuff, too. What's your point? . .Greg

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 00:45:15 GMT, "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Jim Roberts wrote: .> S o r n i wrote: .> .>> Jim Roberts wrote (of his son): .>> .>> .>>> When he used to live in the Pasadena, CA, area he used to race up .>>> and down the Mt Wilson Toll Road, but that was a road, and a bike .>>> could hardly do any damage to it; the rain did more. I used to .>>> hike up it with dates at night, until it was closed at sundown .>>> because of some assaults against women. .>> .>> .>> .>> They ever take you in for questioning?!? .> .> There was one appalling incident. My kids and I had just come back .> from .> a hike up the road to Henniger Flats, and were several blocks away on .> the way home when a Sheriff's cruiser pulled us over in my Porsche .> 911. They were very abusive. I had violated no traffic laws, and .> they .> refused to tell me why they stopped me, and they ordered me not to get .> out of the car nor to let my kids out. They shined their super-bright .> flashlights right in my kids' faces and just terrified them. After 15 .> minutes of
terror, they just drove away. .> .> I thought they might throw me into prison because of one more false .> accusation from my first wife and the kids turned over to Child Care .> or .> a foster family. I told my kids they could sleep with me that night, .> and that the police were abusive and illegal, and that it had nothing .> to do with our hike. After the cops drove off I told them that the .> police .> knew they were wrong, because they refused to tell us what they had .> stopped us for; that honest police tell you what they are up to. I .> also explained that half the time the police violate the law and .> there is not much you can do about it, so it is best to try to stay .> out of their way. This was not what they had been told at school or .> by their mother, but .> it's close enough to true to be useful. It was an educational evening .> for them, and they always afterwards stopped their somewhat antisocial .> behavior that their mother encouraged, and never had any run-ins
with .> the police that I know about. They were always wary of the hike .> afterwards, though. .> .>> .>> .>> .>>> No. I don't even know his web address, as he is under the spell of .>>> his mother, as I used to be 30-40 years ago. She even made him put .>>> the Kukhri sword I gave him into storage, because she wouldn't allow .>>> it in *her* house. He's so ***** whipped, I can hardly talk to him. .>> .>> .>> .>> With a role model like you around, it's amazing he's not in an .>> institution by now. .>> .>> Bill "Jimbat's a dingbat" S. .>> .>> .> Well, what a compliment. I do have a double major from Harvard. a PhC .> in physical chemistry, and a Phd in Astronomy, thesis written at .> Caltech, and though I was a theorist observed at Kitt Peak, and La .> Silla, Chile, to name a few, and have more than 10 published papers .> that you probably could not read, and have an M mountaineering .> leadership .> rating from the LA Sierra Club. All sorts of scientific jobs, and a .> much more
comfortable lifestyle than my kids' unemployable mother. .> Did your dad do all that? So what qualifies someone not to be a .> dingbat in your book? That you can understand them? Sorry, I can't .> stoop that low. .> .> I suggest that you read Einsteins's paper "on the Electrodynamics of .> Moving Bodies" and tell the ng that he's a dingbat. I have a paper .> that's much harder to read, which I welcome you to read if you .> successfully read Einstein's paper and can tell the ng precisely why .> E=Mc^2. . .You're nuckin' futs.

That's mountain-bikerese for "I can't understand it, so I'll OPPOSE it!"

.Bill "sea kelp" S. .

===

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 02:48:59 GMT, Jim Roberts wrote:

> Eat at McDonalds and stop pestering people who actually know something.

Yeah, it takes a friggin' genious to post your personal problems on a bunch of recreational newsgroups. You merely reaffirm that someone can be educated and still be a dingbat.

--
-BB-

On 5 Mar 2004 15:25:36 -0800, [email protected] (R.White) wrote:

.Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .> On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:12:58 GMT, Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> . .> . .> .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> . .> .> On 3 Mar 2004 10:06:17 -0800, [email protected] (Jonesy) wrote: .> .> .> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .> .> .> On 2 Mar 2004 09:48:06 -0800, [email protected] (Jonesy) wrote: .> .> .> .> .> .> .We all know that hikers cause more trail damage than MTBers, because .> .> .> .of the sheer volume of hikers vs. MTBers. .> .> .> .> .> .> How many hikers hike every week? .> . .> .I?? .> . .> .> . .> .> .Over ten times more than MTB riders ride every week. .> .> . .> .> .> And as far as a mountain biker (over 50 miles .> .> .> in a day -- IMPOSSIBLE for a hiker)? .> .> . .> .> .MTBers rarely get more than ten miles out, for a total of twenty .> .> .ridden miles. .> .> .
.> .> .A rough guess would be that less than 5% of MTBers do that much. .> .> .> .> Which is about 4 times as far as a typical hiker travels. .> .> .> .> === .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> . .> .My son was a mountain biker, but abandoned it whan he saw the damage it .> .was doing. .> .> He's one in a million! I have never heard of amy other mountain biker abandoning .> their sport, no matter how much damage it does! Can you send him my web address? .> I would like to meet someone as honest as that! .> .Candyman. Nuff said.

Liar. 'nuf said.
===

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:05:41 GMT, Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote:

.On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:56:04 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> .wrote: . .>On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 13:47:28 GMT, Gary S. <Idontwantspam@net> wrote: .> .>.On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:43:21 GMT, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> .>.wrote: .>. .>.>Which is about 4 times as far as a typical hiker travels. .>.> .>.You may not be a typical hiker, if that is what you think is typical. .>. .>.Look in any outdoors club's trip listings, and you will see that that .>.is in the range of walks, while hikes range from 5 miles for .>.beginners, 10-12 miles for intermediates, and 20 for advanced hikers. .>.At least that is typical in New England terrain. .>. .>.Our group's most rugged hike is a one day, 23 mile traverse of the .>.Presidential range in NH, over about a dozen 4k plus peaks. But most .>.are at least 8-10 miles except for the really novice oriented. .> .>I wasn't talking about wimps, but real mountain bikers. They advertize 1-day .>rides of 50-60 miles. There are hikers who can walk 20
miles in a day, but they .>are extremely rare, and don't have all their marbles. Marathon death marches .>like that are no fun. . .So, mountain bikers who bike a large number of miles in a day are ."real mountain bikers" (your words)

Look up "irony" in the dictionary, idiot.

but hikers who hike a large number .of miles in a day "don't have all their marbles" (your words). . .You are rather quick to make assumptions about people you know nothing .about. You know everything about every mountain biker, and now .everything about every hiker. . .Life must be simple when you slant every observation to fit your .internal version of the truth. Too bad that is the antithesis of the .scientific method you claim to espouse. . .Your version of hiking bears as little relation to what other people .do as your version of science. . .When you call me a name for disagreeing with you, please try to use a .new one. The automatic responses are getting tiresome. . .Happy trails, .Gary (net.yogi.bear) .------------------------------------------------ .at the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence . .Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA .Please reply to: garyDOTschwartzATpoboxDOTcom

===

R.White wrote:

> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
>>On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:12:58 GMT, Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>. . .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> On 3 Mar 2004 10:06:17 -0800, [email protected] (Jonesy) wrote: .> .> .Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .> .> On 2 Mar 2004 09:48:06 -0800, [email protected] (Jonesy) wrote: .> .> .> .> .We all know that hikers cause more trail damage than MTBers, because .> .> .of the sheer volume of hikers vs. MTBers. .> .> .> .> How many hikers hike every week? . .I?? . .> . .> .Over ten times more than MTB riders ride every week. .> . .> .> And as far as a mountain biker (over 50 miles .> .> in a day -- IMPOSSIBLE for a hiker)? .> . .> .MTBers rarely get more than ten miles out, for a total of twenty .> .ridden miles. .> . .> .A rough guess would be that less than 5% of MTBers do that much. .> .> Which is about 4 times as far as a typical hiker travels. .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
>>previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .My son was a mountain biker, but abandoned it whan he saw the damage it .was doing.
>>
>>He's one in a million! I have never heard of amy other mountain biker abandoning their sport, no matter how much damage it does! Can you send him my web address? I would like to meet someone as honest as that!
>>
>
> Candyman. Nuff said.

You are a professional moron, aren't you?

jimbat

tcmedara wrote:
>
>
> I think sea otters are cool.
>

Sea otters are really cool. Any time I drive down through Big Sur I hope to see one. The coolest is when they're floating around on their backs with a couple clams on their bellies and slammin' the clams with big ol' rocks. Who taught them that?

Greg

Jim Roberts wrote:
>
>
> Eat at McDonalds and stop pestering people who actually know something.
>

I'll respond with the short version here. I don't eat at McDonalds.

BTW, how can I stop pestering people who actually know something when I haven't even started? Clearly you know nothing.

Greg

Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:18:20 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Jim Roberts wrote: .> . .> .> There was one appalling incident. My kids and I
> had just come back from .> a hike up the road to Henniger Flats, and were
> several blocks away on .> the way home when a Sheriff's cruiser pulled us over
> in my Porsche 911. . .Thanks for letting us know you have a 911. You've
> instantly become my hero.
>
> Mountain bikers have rather low standards....
>

I normally don't use emoticons but for Mike's sake, here it is: ;-). Does
that help?

Greg

Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote
>
> I have a paper that's much harder to read, which I welcome you to read if you
> successfully read Einstein's paper and can tell the ng precisely why E=Mc^2.

Lorentz invariance, chucklehead. The magnitude of a Lorentz covariant four-
momentum vector must necessarily lie on the mass shell

E^2 + p^2 c^2 = m^2 c^4

Any other choice is not Lorentz invariant. The zero-momentum limit of this is

E^2 = m^2 c^4

CC

G.T. <[email protected]> wrote:
> tcmedara wrote:
>>
>>
>> I think sea otters are cool.
>>
>
> Sea otters are really cool. Any time I drive down through Big Sur I hope to see
> one. The coolest is when they're floating around on their backs with a couple
> clams on their bellies and slammin' the clams with big ol' rocks. Who taught
> them that?
>
> Greg

....and if it weren't for all the mountain bikers, there'd be lots more of 'em.
Oh wait... that was MV's line. Sorry. I think the otters actually learned that
all alone, without dueling PhD's or a Porsche 911. Go figure!

Tom

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > I have a paper that's much harder to read, which I welcome you to read if you
> > successfully read Einstein's paper and can tell the ng precisely why
E=Mc^2.
>
> Lorentz invariance, chucklehead. The magnitude of a Lorentz covariant four-
> momentum vector must necessarily lie on the mass shell
>
> E^2 + p^2 c^2 = m^2 c^4
>
> Any other choice is not Lorentz invariant. The zero-momentum limit of this is
>
> E^2 = m^2 c^4
>

>
> CC

Arguing on Usenet is usually a good indicator.

S o r n i wrote:

> Jim Roberts wrote:
>
>>S o r n i wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Jim Roberts wrote (of his son):
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>When he used to live in the Pasadena, CA, area he used to race up and down
>>>>the Mt Wilson Toll Road, but that was a road, and a bike could hardly do any
>>>>damage to it; the rain did more. I used to hike up it with dates at night,
>>>>until it was closed at sundown because of some assaults against women.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>They ever take you in for questioning?!?
>>
>>There was one appalling incident. My kids and I had just come back from a hike
>>up the road to Henniger Flats, and were several blocks away on the way home
>>when a Sheriff's cruiser pulled us over in my Porsche
>> 911. They were very abusive. I had violated no traffic laws, and they refused
>> to tell me why they stopped me, and they ordered me not to get out of
>> the car nor to let my kids out. They shined their super-bright
>> flashlights right in my kids' faces and just terrified them. After 15
>> minutes of terror, they just drove away.
>>
>>I thought they might throw me into prison because of one more false accusation
>>from my first wife and the kids turned over to Child Care or a foster family. I
>>told my kids they could sleep with me that night, and that the police were
>>abusive and illegal, and that it had nothing to do with our hike. After the
>>cops drove off I told them that the police knew they were wrong, because they
>>refused to tell us what they had stopped us for; that honest police tell you
>>what they are up to. I also explained that half the time the police violate the
>>law and there is not much you can do about it, so it is best to try to stay out
>>of their way. This was not what they had been told at school or by their
>>mother, but it's close enough to true to be useful. It was an educational
>>evening for them, and they always afterwards stopped their somewhat antisocial
>>behavior that their mother encouraged, and never had any run-ins with the
>>police that I know about. They were always wary of the hike afterwards, though.
>>
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>No. I don't even know his web address, as he is under the spell of his
>>>>mother, as I used to be 30-40 years ago. She even made him put the Kukhri
>>>>sword I gave him into storage, because she wouldn't allow it in *her* house.
>>>>He's so ***** whipped, I can hardly talk to him.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>With a role model like you around, it's amazing he's not in an institution
>>>by now.
>>>
>>>Bill "Jimbat's a dingbat" S.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Well, what a compliment. I do have a double major from Harvard. a PhC in
>>physical chemistry, and a Phd in Astronomy, thesis written at Caltech, and
>>though I was a theorist observed at Kitt Peak, and La Silla, Chile, to name a
>>few, and have more than 10 published papers that you probably could not read,
>>and have an M mountaineering leadership rating from the LA Sierra Club. All
>>sorts of scientific jobs, and a much more comfortable lifestyle than my kids'
>>unemployable mother. Did your dad do all that? So what qualifies someone not to
>>be a dingbat in your book? That you can understand them? Sorry, I can't stoop
>>that low.
>>
>>I suggest that you read Einsteins's paper "on the Electrodynamics of Moving
>>Bodies" and tell the ng that he's a dingbat. I have a paper that's much harder
>>to read, which I welcome you to read if you successfully read Einstein's paper
>>and can tell the ng precisely why E=Mc^2.
>
>
> You're nuckin' futs.
>
> Bill "sea kelp" S.
>
No I'm right and you are wrong.

jimbat

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:38:43 GMT, Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> . . .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:17:13 GMT, Jim Roberts
> <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> . .> . .> .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> . .>
> .> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 19:35:36 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]>
> wrote: .> .> .> .> . .> .> ."Jim Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message .> .> .news:[email protected]... .> .> .> .>
> .> .> .> .> .> Corvus Corvax wrote: .> .> .> .> .> .> > Jim Roberts
> <[email protected]> drooled: .> .> .> > .> .> .> >>I've done rather well
> since. Double major in chem and Phys .> .> .> >>from Harvard, a PhC in physical
> chemistry, and a PhD in astrophysics. .> .> .> >>Want to butt heads? .> .> .> >
> .> .> .> > .> .> .> > I'm so impressed. How'd the postdocs go? .> .> .> > .> .>
> .> > CC .> .> .> .> .> .> Not as well as I'd have liked. I had an offer from
> Oxford and one from .> .> .> Florida State (good in theoretical physics because
> of escapees from .> .> .> Caltech). But my wife was divorcing me and telling me
> and the court .> .> .> that if she could fix it I'd never see my kids again. So
> I turned down .> .> .> the post-docs to take a visiting associateship at
> Caltech to do some .> .> .> interestng unpaid research while I worked on
> Martian research at the .> .> .> Planetary Science Institute. (I can do 3D
> photos without a 3D viewer. .> .> .> Try the one in "The Lives of Lee Miller".
> I stuck to Caltech to protect .> .> .> my parental rights. This getting off the
> academic escalator seriously .> .> .> damaged my career. It didn't do that much
> good for me, anyway, as my .> .> .> 1st wife managed over 10 years to poison
> their minds against me. I no .> .> .> longer know where my daughter lives,
> though we were close up to 4 years .> .> .> ago. But she does web sites for the
> Lincoln Center, and my impoverished .> .> .> son lives with his mother who runs
> his life, and he has tried to steal .> .> .> thousands of dollars from me under
> false pretenses. Whether we will .> .> .> ever get together as a family again
> is quite dubious. My daughter is .> .> .> afraid that I want to molest her, and
> my son has no interest in my .> .> .> intellectual interests. They are both in
> their 30s. I have horrible .> .> .> sadnesses in my life. .> .> .> .> .> .>
> jimbat .> .> .> .> .> . .> .> .And to think, now you are causing erosion on a
> complete other planet. .> .> .Sheesh! Can't you screw up ONE planet and leave
> the others alone? <end - .> .> .sick sense of humor> .> .> .> .> That's
> actually a good question!

I have nothing to do with any other planet. I strongly discourage a base on the
moon and a manned mission to Mars. I also long ago signed off the SETA program in
favor of one of searching for drugs here on Earth. (United Devices). I have no
knowledge how good it is, but it is at least rational.

> .> .> === .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
> .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> .>
> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .> .> .>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> . .> .****, I'm reseeding the Chesapeake
> with oysters. What are you doing? .> .> Look at my web site. It's all there. .>
> .> .jimbat .> .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-
> limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .>
> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> . .>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .That might be interesting so long as I
> wasn't separated from my wife for .too long. My oyster work takes a 2-hr drive
> each way, and my dog enjoys .the whole thing. . .I like my Subaru Forester, but
> we never take it off road. The only .weird road I'd like to go on would ruin
> it. . .jimbat
>
> Did you answer my question about the physics of mountain biking? If so, I
> didn't see it. Can you email it to me?
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure
> habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence
> and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

You have eliminated the inconvenient comments from me, without stating so, so
your post is dishonest as are all the rest.

jimbat

tcmedara wrote:

> S o r n i <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Jim the Lunatic drooled:
>
>>>I suggest that you read Einsteins's paper "on the Electrodynamics of Moving
>>>Bodies" and tell the ng that he's a dingbat. I have a paper that's much harder
>>>to read, which I welcome you to read if you successfully read Einstein's paper
>>>and can tell the ng precisely why E=Mc^2.
>>
>>You're nuckin' futs.
>>
>>Bill "sea kelp" S.
>
>
> Comparing himself to Einstein, let alone continued bragging on his CV!

> hysterical really. A guy with that much education and he hasn't learned a damn
> thing about the world around him. This guy's looking to give the Mikey Monster
> some serious competition as "most disturbed poster in the NG."
>

You are having difficulty with English. I've never compared myself to Einstein.
His paper is actually fairly easy, you can get through it in frechman physics,
that is the genius of Einstein. Mine required Green's Theorem, Gauss's theorem
and lots of other stuff though it meretly relied on Einstein's simpler paper.

Read Einstien's simple paper and tell us about it, especially why E=Mc^2. Don't
bother trying to read mine: you can't.

> Bill, I've got to take issue with the sea kelp comment. That's a bit insulting.
> After all sea kelp has actual benefit to mankind, and sea otters live in it.
>
> I think sea otters are cool.
>
> I'd rather be riding my bike, but until I heal up this is kinda fun....okay,
> not really the same but I'll take it.
>
> Tom (shaking his head)
>
>
>

jimbat

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:17:29 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Jim Roberts wrote: .> .> .> .> .> My son was a mountain biker, but abandoned
> it whan he saw the damage it .> was doing. .> . .The only damage done is by
> incompetent riders. If your son was an .incompetent mountain biker then it's
> probably a good thing he abandoned it.
>
> See what I mean? Most mountain bikers have their head in the sand, and refuse
> to admit what is obvious to everyone else..
>
> .Greg
>
Again you deleted the relevant criticisms without acknowledgement, you dishonest
*******. You have no business posting on the internet.

ji,bst

jimbat

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 06:15:51 GMT, Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote:

. . .Mike Vandeman wrote: . .> On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 05:38:43 GMT, Jim Roberts
<[email protected]> wrote: .> .> . .> . .> .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> . .> .>
On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:17:13 GMT, Jim Roberts <[email protected]> wrote: .>
.> .> .> . .> .> . .> .> .Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> . .> .> .> On Tue, 2 Mar
2004 19:35:36 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote: .> .> .> .> .>
.> . .> .> .> ."Jim Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message .> .> .>
.news:[email protected]... .> .> .> .> .> .> .> .> .> .>
.> .> Corvus Corvax wrote: .> .> .> .> .> .> .> .> > Jim Roberts
<[email protected]> drooled: .> .> .> .> > .> .> .> .> >>I've done rather
well since. Double major in chem and Phys .> .> .> .> >>from Harvard, a PhC in
physical chemistry, and a PhD in astrophysics. .> .> .> .> >>Want to butt heads?
.> .> .> .> > .> .> .> .> > .> .> .> .> > I'm so impressed. How'd the postdocs
go? .> .> .> .> > .> .> .> .> > CC .> .> .> .> .> .> .> .> Not as well as I'd
have liked. I had an offer from Oxford and one from .> .> .> .> Florida State
(good in theoretical physics because of escapees from .> .> .> .> Caltech). But
my wife was divorcing me and telling me and the court .> .> .> .> that if she
could fix it I'd never see my kids again. So I turned down .> .> .> .> the post-
docs to take a visiting associateship at Caltech to do some .> .> .> .>
interestng unpaid research while I worked on Martian research at the .> .> .> .>
Planetary Science Institute. (I can do 3D photos without a 3D viewer. .> .> .> .>
Try the one in "The Lives of Lee Miller". I stuck to Caltech to protect .> .> .>
.> my parental rights. This getting off the academic escalator seriously .> .> .>
.> damaged my career. It didn't do that much good for me, anyway, as my .> .> .>
.> 1st wife managed over 10 years to poison their minds against me. I no .> .> .>
.> longer know where my daughter lives, though we were close up to 4 years .> .>
.> .> ago. But she does web sites for the Lincoln Center, and my impoverished .>
.> .> .> son lives with his mother who runs his life, and he has tried to steal
.> .> .> .> thousands of dollars from me under false pretenses. Whether we will
.> .> .> .> ever get together as a family again is quite dubious. My daughter is
.> .> .> .> afraid that I want to molest her, and my son has no interest in my .>
.> .> .> intellectual interests. They are both in their 30s. I have horrible .>
.> .> .> sadnesses in my life. .> .> .> .> .> .> .> .> jimbat .> .> .> .> .> .>
.> . .> .> .> .And to think, now you are causing erosion on a complete other
planet. .> .> .> .Sheesh! Can't you screw up ONE planet and leave the others
alone? <end - .> .> .> .sick sense of humor> .> .> .> .> .> .> That's actually a
good question! . .I have nothing to do with any other planet. I strongly
discourage a .base on the moon and a manned mission to Mars. I also long ago
signed .off the SETA program in favor of one of searching for drugs here on
.Earth. (United Devices). I have no knowledge how good it is, but it is .at least
rational. . .> .> .> === .> .> .> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that
is off-limits to .> .> .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
previous 8 .> .> .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .>
.> .> .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> .> . .> .> .****, I'm reseeding
the Chesapeake with oysters. What are you doing? .> .> .> .> Look at my web site.
It's all there. .> .> .> .> .jimbat .> .> .> .> === .> .> I am working on
creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to .> .> humans ("pure habitat").
Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 .> .> years fighting auto dependence and
road construction.) .> .> .> . .> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande .> . .>
.That might be interesting so long as I wasn't separated from my wife for .> .too
long. My oyster work takes a 2-hr drive each way, and my dog enjoys .> .the whole
thing. .> . .> .I like my Subaru Forester, but we never take it off road. The
only .> .weird road I'd like to go on would ruin it. .> . .> .jimbat .> .> Did
you answer my question about the physics of mountain biking? If so, I didn't .>
see it. Can you email it to me? .> === .> I am working on creating wildlife
habitat that is off-limits to .> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent
the previous 8 .> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.) .> .>
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .You have eliminated the inconvenient comments
from me, without stating .so, so your post is dishonest as are all the rest.

Nonsense. I didn't eliminate anything. You just refuse to answer the question.

.jimbat

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure
habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence
and road construction.)

G.T. wrote:

> tcmedara wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> I think sea otters are cool.
>>
>
> Sea otters are really cool. Any time I drive down through Big Sur I hope to see
> one. The coolest is when they're floating around on their backs with a couple
> clams on their bellies and slammin' the clams with big ol' rocks. Who taught
> them that?
>
> Greg
>
>
>

Yes, my omly cousin lives in Big Sur, amd when she deigns to see me it's sn
educstion.

Those bsbies sre sooo funny.

jimbat.

G.T. wrote:

> Jim Roberts wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> Eat at McDonalds and stop pestering people who actually know something.
>>
>
> I'll respond with the short version here. I don't eat at McDonalds.
>
> BTW, how can I stop pestering people who actually know something when I haven't
> even started? Clearly you know nothing.
>
> Greg
>

Tyy mr.

jimbat