Mike Vandeman

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ellsworth Truth, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings. The
    best response to his viewpoints is NO RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see his
    postings get no replies. By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. Besides, he'll have more
    time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve if he spends less time venting his rage here.

    You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change your's. Better to just let him sit
    in front of his computer and stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Ellsworth Truth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings. The
    > best response to his viewpoints is NO RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see his
    > postings get no replies. By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. Besides, he'll have
    > more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve if he spends less time venting his rage here.
    >
    > You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change your's. Better to just let him
    > sit in front of his computer and stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!

    My God -- why didn't anyone think of this before?!?

    Bill "dumbstruck" S.

  3. Jenny

    Jenny Guest

    [email protected] (Ellsworth Truth) wrote in news:[email protected]:
    > My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings.

    I agree. The idiots that respond are more of a problem than the little man himself.

  4. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "Ellsworth Truth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings. The
    > best response to his viewpoints is NO RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see his
    > postings get no replies. By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. Besides, he'll have
    > more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve if he spends less time venting his rage here.
    >
    > You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change your's. Better to just let him
    > sit in front of his computer and stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!

    MV is not an issue for me. MV is hardly thought about by most regulars here. MV is something that
    almost never happens, except when dumbasses like you assume that you are the only one on this
    beautiful planet.

    Think man! THINK!

    darsh

  5. On 25 Feb 2003 09:16:26 -0800, [email protected] (Ellsworth Truth) wrote:

    .My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to .simply ignore his postings.

    How original. :) But how come you can't even take your own advice, hypocrite?

    The best response to his viewpoints is NO .RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see
    his postings .get no replies.

    Nonsense. That is the best of all possible worlds: no one to refute me! Either way, I win!

    . By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants.

    You obviously haven't a clue what I want, even though I spell it out in black and white on
    my web site.

    .Besides, he'll have more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve .if he spends less time
    venting his rage here. . .You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change .your's.
    Better to just let him sit in front of his computer and .stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  6. Trekkie Dad

    Trekkie Dad Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Ellsworth Truth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings.
    > > The best response to his viewpoints is NO RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to
    > > see his postings get no replies. By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. Besides,
    > > he'll have more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve if he spends less time venting his
    > > rage here.
    > >
    > > You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change your's. Better to just let him
    > > sit in front of his computer and stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!
    >
    > My God -- why didn't anyone think of this before?!?
    >
    > Bill "dumbstruck" S.

    OTOH, perhaps we should let mikey continue to vent his rage here--where it has zero effect!

    TD

    --
    [email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
    http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

  7. Irm

    Irm Guest

    Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 25 Feb 2003 09:16:26 -0800, [email protected] (Ellsworth Truth) wrote:
    >
    > .My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to .simply ignore his postings.
    >
    > How original. :) But how come you can't even take your own advice, hypocrite?
    >
    > The best response to his viewpoints is NO .RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to
    > see his postings .get no replies.
    >
    > Nonsense. That is the best of all possible worlds: no one to refute me! Either way, I win!
    >
    > . By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants.
    >
    > You obviously haven't a clue what I want, even though I spell it out in black and white on my
    > web site.

    Black and white? Liar! Easy and stupid. 11 - 1 it's so clear.

    > .Besides, he'll have more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve .if he spends less time
    > venting his rage here. . .You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change
    > .your's. Better to just let him sit in front of his computer and .stress. Turn your's off and go
    > for a ride!
    >
    > ===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  8. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Hello Ellsworth, I for one simply blocked him out with a filter in my newsreader a very long time
    ago. But I have noticed, that ignoring him does not work sometimes either, he posts anyway.

    But I do not care what he has to say, I know the truth. He does not.

    Have a good day.

    CJay "Ellsworth Truth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings. The
    > best response to his viewpoints is NO RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see his
    > postings get no replies. By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. Besides, he'll have
    > more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve if he spends less time venting his rage here.
    >
    > You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change your's. Better to just let him
    > sit in front of his computer and stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!

  9. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Ellsworth Truth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings. The
    > best response to his viewpoints is NO RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see his
    > postings get no replies. By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. Besides, he'll have
    > more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve if he spends less time venting his rage here.
    >
    > You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change your's. Better to just let him
    > sit in front of his computer and stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!

    It's easy to worry too much about Mikey. He's just one of those things, you know? You hear about
    them but never really think that such an illogical and unreasonable critter could exist. Until you
    meet one...

    Personally, I actually enjoy some of the posts, some of the responses are very entertaining. But
    it's all waffle really. Don't take it too seriously.

    Westie

  10. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    Actually, Every time this guy posts, I'm going to go out and kill a plant. I'm going to rip it up
    by it's roots and tear it to pieces. That way, every time he posts, HE will be the one causing
    damage to nature. If that doesn't work I'm going to find him and rip him up by his roots and grind
    him to pieces.

    [email protected] (Ellsworth Truth) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to simply ignore his postings. The
    > best response to his viewpoints is NO RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see his
    > postings get no replies. By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. Besides, he'll have
    > more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve if he spends less time venting his rage here.
    >
    > You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change your's. Better to just let him
    > sit in front of his computer and stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride!

  11. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in Hey Mike,

    Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You can start by sticking a gun
    in your mouth and pulling the trigger.

    news:[email protected]:

    > On 25 Feb 2003 09:16:26 -0800, [email protected] (Ellsworth Truth) wrote:
    >
    > .My recommendation to everyone other than Mr. Vandeman would be to .simply ignore his postings.
    >
    > How original. :) But how come you can't even take your own advice, hypocrite?
    >
    > The best response to his viewpoints is NO .RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to
    > see his postings .get no replies.
    >
    > Nonsense. That is the best of all possible worlds: no one to refute me! Either way, I win!
    >
    > . By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants.
    >
    > You obviously haven't a clue what I want, even though I spell it out in black and white on my
    > web site.
    >
    > .Besides, he'll have more time to raise funds for his wildlife preserve .if he spends less time
    > venting his rage here. . .You're not going to change his mind, and he's not going to change
    > .your's. Better to just let him sit in front of his computer and .stress. Turn your's off and go
    > for a ride!
    >
    >===
    > I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
    > help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
    >
    > http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Mr. E. Mann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in Hey Mike,
    >
    > Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You can start by sticking a gun
    > in your mouth and pulling the trigger.

    Why don't you just get a grip, you over-reacting sorry son of a bitches turd - FFS, what are you,
    some kind enraged hormonal teenager or something?

    Shaun aRe

  13. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > Mr. E. Mann <[email protected]m> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in Hey Mike,
    > >
    > > Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You
    can
    > > start by sticking a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger.
    >

    > Why don't you just get a grip, you over-reacting sorry son of a bitches turd - FFS, what are you,
    > some kind enraged hormonal teenager or
    something?

    > Shaun aRe

    Well said aRe.

    Andy Chequer

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message

    > > Mr. E. Mann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in Hey Mike,
    > > >
    > > > Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You
    > can
    > > > start by sticking a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger.
    > >

    > > Why don't you just get a grip, you over-reacting sorry son of a bitches turd - FFS, what are
    > > you, some kind enraged hormonal teenager or
    > something?
    > >

    > > Shaun aRe
    >
    > Well said aRe.
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    Cheers Andy - I was in a very good mood, see.

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  15. "Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in Hey Mike,
    >
    > Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You can start by sticking a gun
    > in your mouth and pulling the trigger.

    Typical psychopathic mountain biker behavior. "let me have my way or die" The sport for spoiled
    white miles with anger control problems, average age 32.5 yrs. Terri Alvillar
    http://homepage.mac.com/terrialvillar/mountainbikedamage/PhotoAlbum11.html

  16. Terri Alvillar said "The sport for spoiled white miles with anger control problems"

    What's a white mile??????? I've heard of white elephants, and white rhinos and white whales.

  17. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > > Hey Mike,
    > >
    > > Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You
    can
    > > start by sticking a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger.
    >

    > Typical psychopathic mountain biker behavior. "let me have my way or die" The sport for spoiled
    > white miles with anger control problems, average age 32.5 yrs.

    Aw, Terri, he was just speaking tongue-in-cheek (or was that gun-in-cheek)?

    We all really enjoy reading your and Mike's posts. It's all good. What fun is a discussion if both
    sides aren't represented? Besides, we get bored if the only prosthletization comes from single
    speeders! ;)

  18. "John Harlow" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | > > Hey Mike,
    | > >
    | > > Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah.
    You
    | can
    | > > start by sticking a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger.
    | >

    | > Typical psychopathic mountain biker behavior. "let me have my way or die" The sport for spoiled
    | > white miles with anger control problems, average age 32.5 yrs.
    |
    | Aw, Terri, he was just speaking tongue-in-cheek (or was that
    gun-in-cheek)?

    | We all really enjoy reading your and Mike's posts.

    I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid:

    http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg

    It's just like being there at some poor local committee meeting and seeing them suffering through
    more inane pontificating from yet another local boil.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  19. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 28 Mar 2003 20:30:25 GMT, P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

    > I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid:
    >
    > http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg
    >
    > It's just like being there at some poor local committee meeting and seeing them suffering through
    > more inane pontificating from yet another local boil.

    As long as they keep their "restrict this, restrict that" form of local governance (a move from
    "for the people" to "for the squeaky wheel") in the Bay Area, that's fine with me. Far too often
    they move to a neighboring state to escape the Big Brother they've created, only to begin
    creating it again.

  20. Mr. E. Mann

    Mr. E. Mann Guest

    "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Mr. E. Mann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in Hey Mike,
    >>
    >> Whay don't yo8u do something to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You can start by sticking a
    >> gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger.
    >

    > Why don't you just get a grip, you over-reacting sorry son of a bitches turd - FFS, what are you,
    > some kind enraged hormonal teenager or something?
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    I was going to apologize for over reacting, but after reading you reply.

    Honestly, I could care less if this guy sticks a gun in his mouth an pulls the trigger or if someone
    else does it for him. These little groups of turds are ruining our country and taking away our
    freedoms and protesting our attempts to free a people that have been treated like shit by their
    government while the UN sat around with their thumbs up their asses. The next time one of these guys
    clibs a tree to prevent it from being cut down, cut it down anyway. Next time they protest by
    putting their arms together through metal tubes, cut their arms off. Next time they lay down in the
    street to protest something... anything, run them over! They'll get the hint eventually.