Mike Vandeman



Status
Not open for further replies.
On 30 Mar 2003 14:31:31 -0800, [email protected] (Terri Alvillar) wrote:

."Sorni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... . .> You said it! .> .> Bill "finally, a
FEMALE groupie to go with Gaydeman" S. . . .Sorni again proves me correct. Mountain bikers like
Sorni have to lie .because they hate hearing the truth about the damage they do.

Stop telling the truth. You KNOW how that hurts them! :)

.Terri Alvillar .http://homepage.mac.com/terrialvillar/mountainbikedamage/PhotoAlbum11.html

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
On 31 Mar 2003 05:50:22 -0800, [email protected] (Terri Alvillar) wrote:

."P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... . .> | Pete Fagerlin is the ultimate coward. He
uses a picture of a recent .> | widow (photographed by the Marin Independent Journal) defending her
.> | dead husband's honor to justify mountain bikers' destruction of .> | nature. .> .> Hey you fat
sow, didn't anyone tell you that the Farrah 'do went out over a decade ago? .> .> I "use" a picture
of you because when I read your nattering it helps to put your silliness .> in context, hag. .> .> |
It is not surprising that Fagerlin finds the grief of his .> | enemies amusing. . . . .Again
Fagerlin proves my point. He can't refute my statements about .the damage mountain biking causes
with reason or logic so he resorts .to personal attacks.

Careful, they thing that telling the truth is "abusing" them. :)

.Terri Alvillar .See more trail destruction at .http://www.brightpathvideo.com/Marin_County.htm
(click on Marin Trails .magazine) .http://[email protected]/

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
| >
| > Why don't you call Child Protective Services, after you do something with that unruly
mop
| > of course...
| >
|
| I know in general it's not about the equipment, whether it be bikes or cameras, but damn, that
| photo is sharp. Was it taken with the good camera or the excellent one?

The excellent one. The excellent sky helped immensely.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
 
"Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| Again Fagerlin proves my point. He can't refute my statements about the damage mountain biking
| causes with reason or logic so he resorts to personal attacks.

Hey you corpulent Farrah wannabe, I don't need to refute your statements just like I don't need to
refute the statements of the crazy guy on the streetcorner that claims Jesus visited him last week
with his flying saucer.

It's hysterically hypocritical for you to complain about personal attacks hag.

Perhaps you haven't read your silly posts, or you have forgotten what you have posted? Pot, kettle,
black and all of that business.

Keep ranting babe (heavy sarcasm of course), you help mountain biking with every post.

http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
 
"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid:
>
> http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg
>
> It's just like being there at some poor local committee meeting and seeing them suffering through
> more inane pontificating from yet another local boil.

How did I know our pal terri would look like a pig with a lost cause? I had skipped this thread
because of the subject line's obvious impotence, but caught wind of something really funny. Yeah,
the 70's 'do alone was worth the look for a hearty laugh.

JD
 
> I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid:
>
> http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg

Not that my opinion matters that much, but I really don't agree with attacking her appearance.
Nor do I see any reason for it; she looks like a typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY
surburbanite to me.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)
 
On 31/3/03 4:43 pm, in article [email protected], "Shaun Rimmer"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:09:55 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> . .Mr. E. Mann <[email protected]> wrote in message .news:[email protected]...
>> .> Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in .> Hey Mike, .> .> Whay don't yo8u do something
>> to prevent overpopulation of the eah. You
> can
>> .> start by sticking a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger. . . .Why don't you just get a
>> grip, you over-reacting sorry son of a *****es .turd - FFS, what are you, some kind enraged
>> hormonal teenager or
> something?
>>
>> No, just a typical mountain biker.
>
> You are a pack that's missing all its aces.

And, indeed, any card above a "trey"

J.
 
On 31 Mar 2003 05:50:22 -0800, [email protected] (Terri Alvillar) blathered:

>Again Fagerlin proves my point. He can't refute my statements about the damage mountain biking
>causes with reason or logic so he resorts to personal attacks.

The following pictures are of tracks where I live that get no bike traffic. This track used to be
one person wide, but is now an 8 foot wide, loose eroded scar -
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/scales-path.jpg

Lower down, this is the same - http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/blen-ascent.jpg

Zooming in on that last one, you can see an orange digger. It's there because the erosion caused by
walkers was getting so bad that the path has had to be resurfaced -
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/digger.jpg The new path is that intrusive light grey
ribbon you can see trending down towards the left hand bottom corner of the picture.

Contrast that with the picture I took while out on the bike this morning -
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/greatsca-pan.jpg The vague area of shorter grass in the
lower right corner is the path.

Do walkers cause more erosion than mountain bikers? No. Stupid, selfish ignorant behaviour causes
erosion. The tracks in the first three pictures have been screwed up by people walking in groups
side by side, spilling over the edges of existing tracks; or simply walking along the grassy edges
of tracks so they don't get their feet dirty; or by walking on vulnerable trails after periods of
rain. Here's the thing: some mountain bikers are dumb assholes too. It's the human condition.

It doesn't have to be this way. By talking to people you meet in a rational & reasonable fashion,
explaining the issues, you achieve far more than you ever do spewing out wild eyed rhetoric. It's
amusing - you do your cause more harm than good, because you come across as such a fruit loop no-one
will take you seriously.

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/
 
"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| >
| > I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual
aid:
| >
| > http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg
|
| Not that my opinion matters that much, but I really don't agree with attacking her appearance. Nor
| do I see any reason for it; she looks like
a
| typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY surburbanite to me.

A face to go with the name, and some personal attacks for someone who is fond of making personal
attacks herself.

A dose of her own medicine, which she, not surprisingly, doesn't seem to be able to take.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm
 
Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 31 Mar 2003 05:50:22 -0800, [email protected] (Terri Alvillar) wrote:
>
> ."P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>... . .> | Pete Fagerlin is the ultimate coward. He
> uses a picture of a recent .> | widow (photographed by the Marin Independent Journal) defending
> her .> | dead husband's honor to justify mountain bikers' destruction of .> | nature. .> .> Hey
> you fat sow, didn't anyone tell you that the Farrah 'do went out over a decade ago? .> .> I "use"
> a picture of you because when I read your nattering it helps to put your silliness .> in context,
> hag. .> .> | It is not surprising that Fagerlin finds the grief of his .> | enemies amusing. . . .
> .Again Fagerlin proves my point. He can't refute my statements about .the damage mountain biking
> causes with reason or logic so he resorts .to personal attacks.
>
> Careful, they thing that telling the truth is "abusing" them. :)

It's "think" you damn idiot.
 
Pete Jones <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 31 Mar 2003 05:50:22 -0800, [email protected] (Terri Alvillar) blathered:
>
> >Again Fagerlin proves my point. He can't refute my statements about the damage mountain biking
> >causes with reason or logic so he resorts to personal attacks.
>
> The following pictures are of tracks where I live that get no bike traffic. This track used to be
> one person wide, but is now an 8 foot wide, loose eroded scar -
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/scales-path.jpg
>
> Lower down, this is the same - http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/blen-ascent.jpg
>
> Zooming in on that last one, you can see an orange digger. It's there because the erosion caused
> by walkers was getting so bad that the path has had to be resurfaced -
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/digger.jpg The new path is that intrusive light grey
> ribbon you can see trending down towards the left hand bottom corner of the picture.
>
> Contrast that with the picture I took while out on the bike this morning -
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/greatsca-pan.jpg The vague area of shorter grass in the
> lower right corner is the path.
>
> Do walkers cause more erosion than mountain bikers? No. Stupid, selfish ignorant behaviour causes
> erosion. The tracks in the first three pictures have been screwed up by people walking in groups
> side by side, spilling over the edges of existing tracks; or simply walking along the grassy edges
> of tracks so they don't get their feet dirty; or by walking on vulnerable trails after periods of
> rain. Here's the thing: some mountain bikers are dumb assholes too. It's the human condition.
>
> It doesn't have to be this way. By talking to people you meet in a rational & reasonable fashion,
> explaining the issues, you achieve far more than you ever do spewing out wild eyed rhetoric. It's
> amusing - you do your cause more harm than good, because you come across as such a fruit loop
> no-one will take you seriously.

In AM-B, you're not serious! This never happens here!!

Dave
>
>
> Pete
> ----
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/
 
Mike Vandeman wrote:

>.> .Ergo: to own a mountain bike is to own an SUV? If one does not own an .SUV, then mayhap, one is
>prevented from owning a mountain bike?
>
>You can OWN one, but if you want to USE it off-road, you have to carry it on your SUV.
>
It doesn't function? It must be carried? Then why in the name of fetid dingo kidneys would one own
such a thing?

>I notice that you didn't deny it.
>
>
>
It actually requires an SUV to transport a mountain bike? Just how big are these things, anyway? And
what if one lives where "off-road" activity starts at one's front door? Or back door (as in my
case)? And yet, although I spend a great deal of time in the north Maine woods, far from any
pavement, development or other outward form of 'civilization,' I neither own a mountain bike nor
even know of nor have encountered while off-road anyone who does have one. I can't deny that this
particular form of degrading the universe doesn't occur. I can deny that I have any connection with
it or knowledge of it. As I've suggested before, in the face of the documented ills we face and the
the planet faces because of us, mountain biking is pretty small potatoes.

How about the responder who says he uses his purely to commute to work? Did the manufactuer's
lawyers force him to sign an agreement only to use the thing in areas where you're about to become
overwrought?

Pig'n'pepper shortly.

Pete H

--
Reforms come from below; no man with four aces asks for a redeal. anon.
 
BB wrote:
>>I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid:
>>
>>http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg
>
>
> Not that my opinion matters that much, but I really don't agree with attacking her appearance.
> Nor do I see any reason for it; she looks like a typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY
> surburbanite to me.

Indeed. To me she looks totally average, utterly unremarkable. Somebody you'd see standing
in line at the supermarket. Who knows, maybe that's part of this ongoing quest for attention
of hers. That's what makes it so funny. You KNOW she'd never walk into a physical mountain
bike club meeting and spew the kind of garbage she does here. But she felt brave enough
hiding behind her computer to post things she would never dare say in person. Pete just
yanked the pillow case off her head.

Kathleen
 
On 31 Mar 2003 17:42:24 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

.> .> I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid: .> .>
http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg . .Not that my opinion matters that much, but
I really don't agree with .attacking her appearance. Nor do I see any reason for it; she looks like
a .typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY surburbanite to me.

You just did what you said you dislike. (No surprize there, of course.)
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:28:59 -0600, Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote:

.BB wrote: .>>I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid: .>>
.>>http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg .> .> .> Not that my opinion matters that
much, but I really don't agree with .> attacking her appearance. Nor do I see any reason for it; she
looks like a .> typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY surburbanite to me. . .
. Indeed. To me she looks totally average, utterly unremarkable. .Somebody you'd see standing
in line at the supermarket. Who knows, .maybe that's part of this ongoing quest for
attention of hers. That's .what makes it so funny. You KNOW she'd never walk into a physical
.mountain bike club meeting and spew the kind of garbage she does here. .But she felt brave
enough hiding behind her computer to post things she .would never dare say in person.

At least she has the guts to tell the TRUTH -- something NO mountain biker has ever done, as far as
I can see. You included.

Pete just yanked the pillow case off .her head. . .Kathleen

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:17:05 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]> wrote:

.Mike Vandeman wrote: . .>.> .>.Ergo: to own a mountain bike is to own an SUV? If one does not own
an .>.SUV, then mayhap, one is prevented from owning a mountain bike? .> .>You can OWN one, but if
you want to USE it off-road, you have to carry it on .>your SUV. .> .It doesn't function? It must be
carried? Then why in the name of fetid .dingo kidneys would one own such a thing?

Because they are LAZY.

.>I notice that you didn't deny it. .> .> .> .It actually requires an SUV to transport a mountain
bike? Just how big .are these things, anyway? And what if one lives where "off-road" .activity
starts at one's front door? Or back door (as in my case)? And .yet, although I spend a great deal of
time in the north Maine woods, far .from any pavement, development or other outward form of
'civilization,'
. I neither own a mountain bike nor even know of nor have encountered .while off-road anyone who
does have one. I can't deny that this .particular form of degrading the universe doesn't occur. I
can deny that .I have any connection with it or knowledge of it. As I've suggested .before, in the
face of the documented ills we face and the the planet .faces because of us, mountain biking is
pretty small potatoes.

8 million prople out ripping up nature every week cause a significant amount of damage.

.How about the responder who says he uses his purely to commute to work? .Did the manufactuer's
lawyers force him to sign an agreement only to use .the thing in areas where you're about to become
overwrought? . .Pig'n'pepper shortly. . .Pete H

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:37:15 +0100, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

. .Terri Alvillar <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> "P e t e F a g e r l i n"
<[email protected]> wrote in message .news:<[email protected]>... .> .> >
| Pete Fagerlin is the ultimate coward. He uses a picture of a recent .> > | widow (photographed by
the Marin Independent Journal) defending her .> > | dead husband's honor to justify mountain
bikers' destruction of .> > | nature. .> > .> > Hey you fat sow, didn't anyone tell you that the
Farrah 'do went out .over a decade ago? .> > .> > I "use" a picture of you because when I read your
nattering it helps to .put your silliness .> > in context, hag. .> > .> > | It is not surprising
that Fagerlin finds the grief of his .> > | enemies amusing. .> .> .> .> Again Fagerlin proves my
point. He can't refute my statements about .> the damage mountain biking causes with reason or
logic so he resorts .> to personal attacks. . .Well, I must admit to thinking he's not the the
sharpest knife in the block,

.terrible. Also, you really don't have a clue about MTB'ing and the .environment, which I shouldn't
need to say, as it's painfully obvious to all .with even 1 working neuron. . .I think you should
seek councelling.

Find a kid who can spell it, to explain it to you.

.Shaun aRe . . . .

===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
Mike Vandeman wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:28:59 -0600, Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .BB wrote: .>>I find Terri's ineffectual ranting to be more amusing with a visual aid: .>>
> .>>http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg .> .> .> Not that my opinion matters that
> much, but I really don't agree with .> attacking her appearance. Nor do I see any reason for it;
> she looks like a .> typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY surburbanite to me. . .
> . Indeed. To me she looks totally average, utterly unremarkable. .Somebody you'd see standing
> in line at the supermarket. Who knows, .maybe that's part of this ongoing quest for
> attention of hers. That's .what makes it so funny. You KNOW she'd never walk into a physical
> .mountain bike club meeting and spew the kind of garbage she does here. .But she felt brave
> enough hiding behind her computer to post things she .would never dare say in person.
>
> At least she has the guts to tell the TRUTH -- something NO mountain biker has ever done, as far
> as I can see. You included.
>
> Pete just yanked the pillow case off .her head.

Heh. You're a great one to talk about honesty. Does the poor, grieving widder-woman know you're
married, or are you still referring to your wife as "my friend"?

Kathleen Pillow cases come in pairs
 
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:45:37 -0800, "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote:

."Terri Alvillar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... . .| Again Fagerlin proves my point. He
can't refute my statements about .| the damage mountain biking causes with reason or logic so he
resorts .| to personal attacks. . .Hey you corpulent Farrah wannabe,

What kind of a low-life guy would attack a woman like that? Thanks for demonstrating just how
depraved mountain bikers are.
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
 
Status
Not open for further replies.