Mike Vandeman

On 4 Apr 2003 07:48:21 -0800, [email protected] (Clinton) wrote:

.Well, it seems as though Mike Vandeman really hates us mountain .bikers,

BS. I have mountain BIKING, not mountain BIKERS. How can anyone hate someone so PATHETIC?

which is ok by me...everyone has to have a nemesis. But what .I would like to know is that is Mike
a Vegan ? He's so about the .animals, it would be quite ironic if he were anything but a Vegan.
.So, let's hear it Mike are ya or aren't ya ?

This newsgroup is about mountain biking. Prove that this is relevant (hint: you CAN'T).

."Mr. E. Mann" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... .>
Actually, Every time this guy posts, I'm going to go out and kill a plant. .> I'm going to rip it up
by it's roots and tear it to pieces. That way, every .> time he posts, HE will be the one causing
damage to nature. If that doesn't .> work I'm going to find him and rip him up by his roots and
grind him to .> pieces. .> .> .> [email protected] (Ellsworth Truth) wrote in .>
news:[email protected]: .> .> > My recommendation to everyone other
than Mr. Vandeman would be to .> > simply ignore his postings. The best response to his viewpoints
is NO .> > RESPONSE. Nothing would disappoint him more than to see his postings .> > get no replies.
By engaging him, you are giving him what he wants. .> > Besides, he'll have more time to raise funds
for his wildlife preserve .> > if he spends less time venting his rage here. .> > .> > You're not
going to change his mind, and he's not going to change .> > your's. Better to just let him sit in
front of his computer and .> > stress. Turn your's off and go for a ride! .> >

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:30:54 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On 3 Apr 2003 21:42:13 -0800,
[email protected] (Terri Alvillar) wrote: .> .> .Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:<[email protected]>... .> .> BB wrote: .> .> >>I find Terri's ineffectual ranting
to be more amusing with a visual .aid: .> .> >> .> .>
>>http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg .> .> > .> .> > .> .> > Not that my opinion
matters that much, but I really don't agree with .> .> > attacking her appearance. Nor do I see any
reason for it; she looks .like a .> .> > typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY surburbanite to me.
.> .> .> .> .> .> Indeed. To me she looks totally average, utterly unremarkable. .> .> Somebody
you'd see standing in line at the supermarket. Who knows, .> .> maybe that's part of this ongoing
quest for attention of hers. That's .> .> what makes it so funny. You KNOW she'd never walk into a
physical .> .> mountain bike club meeting and spew the kind of garbage she does here. .> .> But she
felt brave enough hiding behind her computer to post things she .> .> would never dare say in
person. Pete just yanked the pillow case off .> .> her head. .> .> .> .> Kathleen .> . .> . .> .Ah
yes Kathleen must be resentful about the arrest of Trips for Kids .> .president Paul Sanford. .> .>
What was that about? .> .> Same old story - if you don't have the .> .defense, make personal attacks
.> .Terri Alvillar .> . . .Why do you insist on cross posting? Not only are you a lunatic, you are
an .idiot. This discussion has no place on ca.environment, especially since it .started somewhere
else, and has been going on for at least 3 exchanges .before you so rudely cross posted here.

TFK operates in CA. DUH!

. .

===

Mike Vandeman wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:30:54 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> On 3 Apr 2003 21:42:13 -0800,
> [email protected] (Terri Alvillar) wrote: .> .> .Kathleen <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:<[email protected]>... .> .> BB wrote: .> .> >>I find Terri's ineffectual ranting
> to be more amusing with a visual .aid: .> .> >> .> .>
> >>http://www.paradigmhosting.net/whackjobs/alvillar.jpg .> .> > .> .> > .> .> > Not that my
> opinion matters that much, but I really don't agree with .> .> > attacking her appearance. Nor do
> I see any reason for it; she looks .like a .> .> > typical middle-aged, middle-class NIMBY
> surburbanite to me. .> .> .> .> .> .> Indeed. To me she looks totally average, utterly
> unremarkable. .> .> Somebody you'd see standing in line at the supermarket. Who knows, .> .> maybe
> that's part of this ongoing quest for attention of hers. That's .> .> what makes it so funny. You
> KNOW she'd never walk into a physical .> .> mountain bike club meeting and spew the kind of
> garbage she does here. .> .> But she felt brave enough hiding behind her computer to post things
> she .> .> would never dare say in person. Pete just yanked the pillow case off .> .> her head. .>
> .> .> .> Kathleen .> . .> . .> .Ah yes Kathleen must be resentful about the arrest of Trips for
> Kids .> .president Paul Sanford. .> .> What was that about? .> .> Same old story - if you don't
> have the .> .defense, make personal attacks .> .Terri Alvillar .> . . .Why do you insist on cross
> posting? Not only are you a lunatic, you are an .idiot. This discussion has no place on
> ca.environment, especially since it .started somewhere else, and has been going on for at least 3
> exchanges .before you so rudely cross posted here.
>
> TFK operates in CA. DUH!
>

> . .
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Mike Vandeman ate my neighbour's babies to save them from bicycles

--
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:19:05 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
wrote: <snip>
> .> .> Typical psychopathic mountain biker behavior. "let me have my way or .> die" The sport for
> spoiled white miles with anger control problems, . .How can you say this? Is this a fact? Or are
> you misrepresenting the
facts
> .and promoting your own opinion as fact? .If you believe this to be true, can you back it
> observable fact? Or
provide
> .us with your sources? .Or are you just slandering the sport and promoting a lie? Of course, you
> .have said in previous posts that all mountainbikers lie. Surely you .wouldn't do such a thing
> yourself? .Could you please explain how you came to this conclusion.
>
> Observation. DUH!

You respond to a reasonable, honest and sane question with "DUH!". This sums up your
argument, does it?
--
Westie

<snip>

> > He's posted THIS as an example of a death threat.....??!!!!
>
> Not just posted it, but sent it to abuse@ etc. My boss could hardly tell
me
> about it for laughing.
>
> > I think that I just wet myself 'cause I was laughing so hard.... It hurts now,.... make it stop
> > ..... LOL!
>
> Heheheheh - indeed! Thing is, he (MuddleVunkey) knows damned well it was (obviously) a humorous
> post, but thought he'd see if he could get my 'e-mail' privileges yanked/me sacked or reprimanded
> (whatever) anyhow. Heheheh.....
>
> Shaun aRe - some people are beyond belief!

Some people are _lonely_ beyond belief. I wonder if Mickey hasn't discovered a way of getting some
attention in a sad sorta way...
--
Westie

> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:11:46 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

<snip previous conversation>

> .> We SHOULD be happy when environmental rapists get the punishment they .deserve -- .> even if it
> is self-imposed! .> .> What .> .ever your problem is you obviously hate mountain biker .> .>
> Thanks for demonstrating your ignorance again. I hate mountain BIKING,
not
> .> mountain BIKERS. How can you hate something so pathetic? . .So,... if you do NOT hate mountain
> BIKERS, why do you spend so much time .insulting them?
>
> I don't insult. I simply tell the truth.
>
> .Surely, by your own logic, you should only insult the EQUIPMENT and the .ACTIVITY, not the
> bikers? .Could you please explain? Your post shown above is directed at the
BIKERS
> .and would certainly appear to be intentionally insulting.
>
> Mountain bikers think that telling the truth about them is insulting! How
can
> anyone hate someone so pathetic?
> ===
<snip>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

You did not answer the question. The truth is not inherently insulting. Being called pathetic is.
Please explain your logic.
--
Westie

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:19:11 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> . ."PeterH" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> .> Mike Vandeman wrote: .> .> >On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:17:05 -0500, PeterH <[email protected]>
> wrote: .> > .> > As I've suggested .> >.before, in the face of the documented ills we face and the
> the planet .> >.faces because of us, mountain biking is pretty small potatoes. .> > .> >8 million
> prople out ripping up nature every week cause a significant .amount of .> >damage. .> > .> > .> >
> .> > .> 270 million buring fossil fuels, laying asphalt, building mega-marts, .> creating landfill
> crises w/ disposable electronics, and gobbling fast .> food with packaging from non-renewable
> sources and you complain of a .> single activity engaged in by 2% of them or fewer? Not to mention
> the .> burgeoning population? .> .> PH .> .> -- .> Reforms come from below; no man .> with four
> aces asks for a redeal. .> anon. .> . .Nice post. I got this little mental picture like one of
> those movie zoom .shots from a rocket looking down. Mr Vandeman and his house and .neighbourhood
> got smaller and smaller as it receded into insignificance. .Your point does make Vandeman's fight
> against mountainbiking seem to be a .waste of resources when he could be using his time and effort
> more .effectively in other areas....
>
> If you cared, as you pretend, you would be helping, instead of atacking
the
> messenger.
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Whether or not I care is irrelevant. Please re-read my post. I did not say whether or not I cared.
And why should I attack the messenger? I was neither helping nor hindering. I see that I was doing
nothing more than making a personal observation about a post that someone had made. My position as
to your cause is clearly neutral in my original post. However, my opinion as to the usefulness of
your efforts towards your cause is obvious.
--
Westie

"Clinton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, it seems as though Mike Vandeman really hates us mountain bikers, which is ok by
> me...everyone has to have a nemesis. But what I would like to know is that is Mike a Vegan ? He's
> so about the animals, it would be quite ironic if he were anything but a Vegan. So, let's hear it
> Mike are ya or aren't ya ?

Someone-else on the group posted this recently. Puts a different spin on being vegetarian.
http://maddox.xmission.com/grill.html
--
Westie

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:39:11 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:19:05 +1200, "Westie"
<[email protected]> .wrote: .<snip> .> .> .> .> Typical psychopathic mountain biker
behavior. "let me have my way or .> .> die" The sport for spoiled white miles with anger control
problems, .> . .> .How can you say this? Is this a fact? Or are you misrepresenting the .facts .>
.and promoting your own opinion as fact? .> .If you believe this to be true, can you back it
observable fact? Or .provide .> .us with your sources? .> .Or are you just slandering the sport and
promoting a lie? Of course, you .> .have said in previous posts that all mountainbikers lie. Surely
you .> .wouldn't do such a thing yourself? .> .Could you please explain how you came to this
conclusion. .> .> Observation. DUH! . .You respond to a reasonable, honest and sane question with
"DUH!". .This sums up your argument, does it?

You lied: "you have said in previous posts that all mountainbikers lie". What's "reasonable, honest
and sane" about that? Thanks for proving my point once again.
===

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:30:12 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:11:46 +1200, "Westie"
[...]
insulting! How .can .> anyone hate someone so pathetic? .> === .<snip> .>
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .You did not answer the question. .The truth is not inherently
insulting. Being called pathetic is. .Please explain your logic.

The true is that mountain bikers LIE. A LOT! You probably see that as an insult, but it's simply the
truth. That is one of the reasons that you are pathetic. There are lots more.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:30:12 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:11:46 +1200, "Westie"
<[email protected]>
> .wrote: .> .<snip previous conversation> . .> .> We SHOULD be happy when environmental rapists get
> the punishment
they
> .> .deserve -- .> .> even if it is self-imposed! .> .> .> .> What .> .> .ever your problem is you
> obviously hate mountain biker .> .> .> .> Thanks for demonstrating your ignorance again. I hate
> mountain
BIKING,
> .not .> .> mountain BIKERS. How can you hate something so pathetic? .> . .> .So,... if you do NOT
> hate mountain BIKERS, why do you spend so much
time
> .> .insulting them? .> .> I don't insult. I simply tell the truth. .> .> .Surely, by your own
> logic, you should only insult the EQUIPMENT and
the
> .> .ACTIVITY, not the bikers? .> .Could you please explain? Your post shown above is directed at
> the .BIKERS .> .and would certainly appear to be intentionally insulting. .> .> Mountain bikers
> think that telling the truth about them is insulting!
How
> .can .> anyone hate someone so pathetic? .> === .<snip> .> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande . .You
> did not answer the question. .The truth is not inherently insulting. Being called pathetic is.
> .Please explain your logic.
>
> The true is that mountain bikers LIE. A LOT! You probably see that as an
insult,
> but it's simply the truth. That is one of the reasons that you are
pathetic.
> There are lots more. http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

You still did not answer the question. Whether or not bikers are liars is not the issue. How I view
what you say is not the issue. I asked, how do you continually insult bikers but claim that you do
not hate them? You have, without reason, called me pathetic and thereby insulted me. Please explain
your logic.
--
Westie

> On 4 Apr 2003 07:48:21 -0800, [email protected] (Clinton) wrote:
>
> .Well, it seems as though Mike Vandeman really hates us mountain .bikers,
>
> BS. I have mountain BIKING, not mountain BIKERS. How can anyone hate
someone so
> PATHETIC?
>
> which is ok by me...everyone has to have a nemesis. But what .I would like to know is that is
> Mike a Vegan ? He's so about the .animals, it would be quite ironic if he were anything but a
> Vegan. .So, let's hear it Mike are ya or aren't ya ?
>
> This newsgroup is about mountain biking. Prove that this is relevant
(hint: you
> CAN'T).

I guess that we could argue that YOU are off topic. This n.g is about mountainbiking, not (as you
would want it) the absence of mountainbiking. Perhaps you should form your own group. You could call
it "alt.no.mountain-bike". I'd be interested in hearing your opinion of why zillions of other
animals can die in the name of food but a sport must be banned because one whipsnake got squished by
a logging truck.
--
Westie

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:39:11 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> . ."Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> .news:[email protected]... .> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 00:19:05 +1200, "Westie"
<[email protected]>
> .wrote: .<snip> .> .> .> .> Typical psychopathic mountain biker behavior. "let me have my way
or
> .> .> die" The sport for spoiled white miles with anger control problems, .> . .> .How can you say
> this? Is this a fact? Or are you misrepresenting the .facts .> .and promoting your own opinion as
> fact? .> .If you believe this to be true, can you back it observable fact? Or .provide .> .us with
> your sources? .> .Or are you just slandering the sport and promoting a lie? Of course,
you
> .> .have said in previous posts that all mountainbikers lie. Surely you .> .wouldn't do such a
> thing yourself? .> .Could you please explain how you came to this conclusion. .> .> Observation.
> DUH! . .You respond to a reasonable, honest and sane question with "DUH!". .This sums up your
> argument, does it?
>
> You lied: "you have said in previous posts that all mountainbikers lie".
What's
> "reasonable, honest and sane" about that? Thanks for proving my point once again.
> ===
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

What are you talking about? What do you mean "You lied:"? Are you trying to say that I have
misquoted you? Whether you like it or not, Mike, you HAVE said that all mountainbikers lie. And with
this last post, you are therefore questioning the sanity, honesty and reason of your own words. I
think that you have just proven MY point. Not yours! <laugh!>

For example, your post on 7th April 2003 at 4.02pm: <snip headers and some discussion>
>The true (sic) is that mountain bikers LIE. A LOT! You probably see that as
an insult,
>but it's simply the truth. That is one of the reasons that you are
pathetic.
>There are lots more.
<snip MV's signature> Even a quick examination shows that you've said that mountainbikers lie.

So anyway, "DUH!" is STILL your professional response to my question, is it?

--
Westie

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:43:26 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote:

. ."Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
.news:[email protected]... .> .<snip> .> > .> > He's posted THIS as an example
of a death threat.....??!!!! .> .> Not just posted it, but sent it to abuse@ etc. My boss could
hardly tell .me .> about it for laughing. .> .> > I think that I just wet myself 'cause I was
laughing so hard.... .> > It hurts now,.... make it stop ..... LOL! .> .> Heheheheh - indeed! Thing
is, he (MuddleVunkey) knows damned well it was .> (obviously) a humorous post, but thought he'd see
if he could get my .> 'e-mail' privileges yanked/me sacked or reprimanded (whatever) anyhow. .>
Heheheh..... .> .> Shaun aRe - some people are beyond belief! .> . .Some people are _lonely_ beyond
belief. I wonder if Mickey hasn't .discovered a way of getting some attention in a sad sorta way...

Then why do you give it?! DUH!
===

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:57:29 +1200, Westie wrote:

> So anyway, "DUH!" is STILL your professional response to my question, is it?
>
> --
> Westie

"Duh!" appears to be the height of scientific comment on this NG...

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Clinton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Well, it seems as though Mike Vandeman really hates us mountain bikers, which is ok by
> > me...everyone has to have a nemesis. But what I would like to know is that is Mike a Vegan ?
> > He's so about the animals, it would be quite ironic if he were anything but a Vegan. So, let's
> > hear it Mike are ya or aren't ya ?
> >

> Someone-else on the group posted this recently. Puts a different spin on being vegetarian.
> http://maddox.xmission.com/grill.html

Well, it seems that I struck a nerve with Mr. Vandeman about being a Vegan. So, while he's ranting
on and on about how we are destroying the environment, he's doing nothing to prevent the animals
from being slaughtered...seems as though people who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones. Or
let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. (By the way I'm not a Vegan, but I do appreciate
their views.)

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:43:26 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
wrote: <snip>
> . .Some people are _lonely_ beyond belief. I wonder if Mickey hasn't .discovered a way of getting
> some attention in a sad sorta way...
>
> Then why do you give it?! DUH!
> ===

Why does EVERY conversation I have with you ALWAYS end with you saying "DUH!"? And this from someone
that got all 'A's in English and insists that his PhD means that he's more intelligent than
mountainbikers. I can't get any, let alone any sort of intelligent, answer out of you. Can you
explain THAT to me?
--
Westie

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:43:26 +1200, "Westie"
<[email protected]>
> wrote: <snip>
> > . .Some people are _lonely_ beyond belief. I wonder if Mickey hasn't .discovered a way of
> > getting some attention in a sad sorta way...
> >
> > Then why do you give it?! DUH!
> > ===
>
> Why does EVERY conversation I have with you ALWAYS end with you saying "DUH!"? And this from
> someone that got all 'A's in English and insists that his
PhD
> means that he's more intelligent than mountainbikers. I can't get any,
let
> alone any sort of intelligent, answer out of you. Can you explain THAT to me?
> --

Why? Because Mike is a moron, DUH!

Westie wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>

>>On Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:43:26 +1200, "Westie" <[email protected]>
>>

>wrote: <snip>
>

>And this from someone that got all 'A's in English

As I suggested in relaton to his degree, it merely means he passed the courses, not that he
learned anything.

And I, too, am annoyed & put off by those who must rely on repetition of nearly meaningless
unimaginative & trite trite slang expressions. It nearly always indicates a lack of competence with
the language and/or no honest intent to engage another in serious dialogue.

Pete H

--
Reforms come from below; no man with four aces asks for a redeal. anon.

> As I suggested in relaton to his degree, it merely means he passed the courses, not that he
> learned anything.
>
> And I, too, am annoyed & put off by those who must rely on repetition of nearly meaningless
> unimaginative & trite trite slang expressions. It nearly always indicates a lack of competence
> with the language and/or no honest intent to engage another in serious dialogue.

Mike has proven time and again that he is incompetent with the language, but his real intent on
using the word "DUH" is his lack of honest intent to engage in seriouis dialogue.