Milan San Remo. Goodbye WC

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Patrick Kavanag, Feb 28, 2003.

  1. Being reported in Cycling Weekly in England that the TV transmission contract problems of Milan San
    Remo are prompting the UCI to kick it of the world cup schedule and replace with Luis Puig in Spain.
    Milan San Remo has not been on Eurosport for a few years and was the first live classic i saw when I
    got my dish back in 1990. The sight of Bugno dropping Canzonieri on the Cipressa was breath taking
    and really got me hooked on the classics, so I hope it gets back on the air soon, Patrick Reading CC

    Tags:

  2. "Patrick Kavanagh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Being reported in Cycling Weekly in England that the TV transmission contract problems of Milan
    > San Remo are prompting the UCI to kick it of
    the
    > world cup schedule and replace with Luis Puig in Spain. Milan San Remo has not been on Eurosport
    > for a few years and was the first live classic i saw when I got my dish back in 1990. The sight of
    > Bugno dropping Canzonieri on the Cipressa was breath taking and really got me hooked on the
    > classics,
    so
    > I hope it gets back on the air soon, Patrick Reading CC

  3. Henz Getzler

    Henz Getzler Guest

    > "Patrick Kavanagh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Being reported in Cycling Weekly in England that the TV transmission contract problems of Milan
    > > San Remo are prompting the UCI to kick it of
    > the
    > > world cup schedule and replace with Luis Puig in Spain. Milan San Remo has not been on Eurosport
    > > for a few years and was the first live classic i saw when I got my dish back in 1990. The sight
    > > of Bugno dropping Canzonieri on the Cipressa was breath taking and really got me hooked on the
    > > classics,
    > so
    > > I hope it gets back on the air soon,
    It's really a shame that broadcasting rights have become such a big issue in World Cycling. I wonder
    if this anything to do with Rupert Murdoch...