Milan-San Remo pick

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Daniel Connelly, Mar 21, 2003.

  1. Freire. Bettini's been too fit too long. The pace will be higher on the Poggio this year to keep the
    pressure on Cipo, and Friere has the edge here. Zabel can't sprint well enough, but Telekom is
    strong enough to keep the breakaway crowd from getting away.

    Dan

    Tags:

  2. "Daniel Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Freire. Bettini's been too fit too long. The pace will be higher on the Poggio this year to keep
    > the pressure on Cipo, and Friere has the edge here. Zabel can't sprint well enough, but Telekom is
    > strong enough to keep the breakaway crowd from getting away.

    I'll take the obvious: Cipollini.

    (even though I'm not a fan of his personality)

    K. Gringioni

  3. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    news:p[email protected]...

    > "Daniel Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Freire. Bettini's been too fit too long. The pace will be higher on the Poggio this year to keep
    > > the pressure on Cipo, and Friere has the edge here. Zabel can't sprint well enough, but Telekom
    > > is strong enough to keep the breakaway crowd from getting away.
    >

    > I'll take the obvious: Cipollini.
    >

    > (even though I'm not a fan of his personality)

    I'm going to go with Henry on this one. I'm betting that Cipo is playing up the psychological
    warfare better than the US in Iraq.

    Mike

  4. Crystal

    Crystal Guest

    > I'm going to go with Henry on this one. I'm betting that Cipo is playing
    up
    > the psychological warfare better than the US in Iraq.
    >
    > Mike

    He will "SHOCK & AWE...."

    Crystal

  5. I wouldn't mind Freire winning, but I take Petacchi.

    Erik

    "Daniel Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Freire. Bettini's been too fit too long. The pace will be higher on the Poggio this year to keep
    > the pressure on Cipo, and Friere has the edge here. Zabel can't sprint well enough, but Telekom is
    > strong enough to keep the breakaway crowd from getting away.
    >
    > Dan

  6. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

    Figuras (Panaria)

  7. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Crystal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > I'm going to go with Henry on this one. I'm betting that Cipo is
    playing
    > up
    > > the psychological warfare better than the US in Iraq.
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >

    > He will "SHOCK & AWE...."
    >
    > Crystal

    Exaaaactly. He's been good at it before, why not now?

    Mike

  8. Zabel.

    Again.

    Eric

  9. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

  10. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    I know I'm setting myself up for certain failure, but I'll go for:

    1 Mario Cipollini (Ita) Domina Vacanze 7.10.14 2 Oscar Freire (Spa) Rabobank 3 Erik Zabel (Ger)
    Telekom 4 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Lotto-Domo 5 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo

    cheers, Jeff

  11. McEwen.

    -Chris Mitchell

  12. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    news:p[email protected]...

    > I'll take the obvious: Cipollini.
    >
    > (even though I'm not a fan of his personality)

    Yeah, you're only a fan of your own personality.

  13. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    At least you got first place right. I think I'll candyass and say you're probably right that it's
    going to be between Cipo and Friere who seems redhot right now.

  14. "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I know I'm setting myself up for certain failure, but I'll go for:
    >
    > 1 Mario Cipollini (Ita) Domina Vacanze 7.10.14 2 Oscar Freire (Spa) Rabobank 3 Erik Zabel (Ger)
    > Telekom 4 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Lotto-Domo 5 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Fassa Bortolo
    >
    > cheers, Jeff

    Isn't it journalistically unethical for the media to play favorites?

    Then again, you are the only media to supply the peloton with Pot Belge. That is pretty cool. Can I
    have some?

    Kurgan Gringioni would like to try Pot Belge

  15. In article <[email protected]>, "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > news:p[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Daniel Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Freire. Bettini's been too fit too long. The pace will be higher on the Poggio this year to
    > > > keep the pressure on Cipo, and Friere has the edge here. Zabel can't sprint well enough, but
    > > > Telekom is strong enough to keep the breakaway crowd from getting away.
    > >

    > > I'll take the obvious: Cipollini.
    > >

    > > (even though I'm not a fan of his personality)
    > >
    > I'm going to go with Henry on this one. I'm betting that Cipo is playing up the psychological
    > warfare better than the US in Iraq.
    >
    > Mike

    Yes, he could be doing the Lance Armstrong "Gimp act" (like at the 2001 tdf). But I keep getting the
    feeling he may not win.

    I'm thinking Zabel, Freire, Petacchi.

  16. "Marlene Blanshay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Daniel Connelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >

    > > > I'll take the obvious: Cipollini.
    > > >

    > > > (even though I'm not a fan of his personality)
    > > >
    > > I'm going to go with Henry on this one. I'm betting that Cipo is playing up the psychological
    > > warfare better than the US in Iraq.
    > >
    > > Mike
    >
    > Yes, he could be doing the Lance Armstrong "Gimp act" (like at the 2001 tdf). But I keep getting
    > the feeling he may not win.
    >
    > I'm thinking Zabel, Freire, Petacchi.

    Marlene is the clear leader for the Candyass Award 2003. First Het Volk, then this.

  17. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    > Isn't it journalistically unethical for the media to play favorites?

    Totally.

    > Then again, you are the only media to supply the peloton with Pot Belge.
    That is pretty cool. Can I have some?

    All been used up for the rest of March and April. My home lab is pretty small, and I have to ensure
    quality control. There may be some spare in May, so let me know then.

    cheers, Jeff

  18. Dave

    Dave Guest

  19. Can I pick someone else? ;-)