Milan - San Remo predictions

wicklow200

May 12, 2005
Another sprint fest again this year? More than likely.

Petacchi in with a great chance as only Boonen of his rivals is showing anything. Where is Freire? Cavendish, Hushovd unlikely to be there at the end.

1. Petacchi
2. Boonen
3. Benatti

dont right off cav. He may not win but will be up there. Has best leadout in the world but his form is questionable. Davis and haussler on form should be up there. One of them will make top 3. Bennati will sneak top 3. I favour bennati from cavendish and haussler but will put my predictions up later.

I think we will have another Italian winner this year : looking at Tirreno Adriatico, Nibali looks to be going well, as does Petacchi,
They might be in the shakeup.

DiLuca looked impressive on yesterdays (mondays) TA stage.
I don't know if The Killer is riding MSR.

Boonen would be an obvious threat,

Cavendish???

Geoff Vadar said:
I pretty much agreee with Chundar with a slight change up.

1. Alby Mangels
2. Hasselhoffler
3. Tick Tock
does Alby get the Italian groupies?

He was always one for the glamour models that missed the Price is Right casting.

Grater said:
dont right off cav. He may not win but will be up there. Has best leadout in the world but his form is questionable. Davis and haussler on form should be up there. One of them will make top 3. Bennati will sneak top 3. I favour bennati from cavendish and haussler but will put my predictions up later.
thanks Grates. You have your own thread, dont forget about it.

An Australian will win. Or Tyler Farrer. Cavendish will get dropped on the Poggio.

wicklow200 said:
Another sprint fest again this year? More than likely.
Yes.

wicklow200 said:
Where is Freire? Cavendish, Hushovd unlikely to be there at the end.
Hushovd has not been dropped before the end at Milano-San Remo since 2002. He will certainly be there unless his wife gives birth tonight or some mishap.

Italian homeground, so I'll go for

Petacchi
Bennati
Boonen (or Hushovd)

well looks like Boonen is going to learn to keep his big fat coke head pie hole shut... he said Cav was going to be no where to be found at the end of that one... doh! HE was no where to be found, and Cav wins... but man... Haussler is a freak'n beast too... they put 2 seconds into the best sprinters in the world in 250m...

Boonen better get used to sloppy seconds in sprints. and Hausler can actually climb pretty good so Boonen has no chance of green jersey in the tour... not that he will ever actually finish a tour in order to get a green jersey... lol.

doctorSpoc said:
well looks like Boonen is going to learn to keep his big fat coke head pie hole shut... he said Cav was going to be no where to be found at the end of that one... doh! HE was no where to be found, and Cav wins... but man... Haussler is a freak'n beast too... they put 2 seconds into the best sprinters in the world in 250m...

Boonen better get used to sloppy seconds in sprints. and Hausler can actually climb pretty good so Boonen has no chance of green jersey in the tour... not that he will ever actually finish a tour in order to get a green jersey... lol.
Cav and his team rode a great race and also played out the pre-race mind games to perfection. They let the other teams think he agreed with their opinion that the climbs would kill him, but they knew pretty much that he'd cope just as well as the other sprinters. Apparently Hausler shouted to Hushovd to get on his wheel and then took off so fast Thor had no chance.
It was a great result after last year's nonsense result from Cancellara. I can't wait to read Boonen's comments on the web tomorrow - or will he be keeping his trap shut for a few days? :D