Milan - San Remo Spring Classic - Aussies.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by jazmo, Mar 17, 2004.

  1. jazmo

    jazmo Guest

    Of the 200 riders starting the Milan - San Remo this year, 12 are
    Aussies. Not a bad Aussie representation at all if you ask me.

  2. Sprinter_989

    Sprinter_989 Guest

    Yeh 12 riders is great. Stuey, Baden or Robbie for the win!!

    -

  3. Sprinter_989 wrote:
    > Yeh 12 riders is great. Stuey, Baden or Robbie for the win!!!

    Just heard Baden's out. Anyone know why

    ~j

    -

  4. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    What a shame we don't get to see it on TV

    I'd love to see Stuey get up in Flanders or Roubaix

    "jazmo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Of the 200 riders starting the Milan - San Remo this year, 12 are
    > Aussies. Not a bad Aussie representation at all if you ask me.
    >

    > --

  5. NickZX6R

    NickZX6R Guest

  6. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Peter Vesel" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > What a shame we don't get to see it on TV
    > I'd love to see Stuey get up in Flanders or Roubaix

    Is it likely that this race will be covered on SBS?
    They often package the classics into a 1hr program
    on Sundays.

    Aussie MTB champs are on this Sunday 1pm,
    I think (see another thread).

    hippy

  7. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    They have shown Paris Roubaix highlights the last 3 years and last year they
    also showed 1/2 an hour of Liege Bastogne Liege.

    The chance of seeing MSR is almost zero, but I do believe one of the RAI
    channels do televise it (if you have the correct receiver and can speak
    Italian)

    I dream of the day we can watch races like the Tour Of Flanders and Paris
    Roubaix live. These races are nothing at all like the Tour De France and
    attract a completely different type of rider.

    Stuey finished 3rd in Flanders last year without really trying, so this
    year considering it is one of his targets...?

    You've really got to see some of those cobbled climbs to believe it

    Peter

    news:p[email protected]
    > "Peter Vesel" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > What a shame we don't get to see it on TV
    > > I'd love to see Stuey get up in Flanders or Roubaix

    > Is it likely that this race will be covered on SBS?
    > They often package the classics into a 1hr program
    > on Sundays.
    >
    > Aussie MTB champs are on this Sunday 1pm,
    > I think (see another thread).
    >
    > hippy

  8. Sprinter_989

    Sprinter_989 Guest

  9. Unregistered

    Unregistered Guest

    Sprinter_989 wrote:
    > Stuey got 3rd :)
    > Oscar Freire pipped Erik Zabel on the line.
    > Full results and report at
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2004/worldcup04/msr04/?id=results

    Looks like Stuart O'Grady is setting himself for a real tilt at th
    Spring Classics this year. It would be great to see him take a win a
    Paris Roubaix or Tour of Flanders

    -

  10. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Sprinter_989 I can't find any thing about Mila
    >San Remo on SBS.com.au........... they are showing a lot of trac

    cycling though

    That might be for the '2004 UCI Track Cycling World Championships'
    http://www.trackcyclingworlds.com.au

    Do you have a link for the track stuff? I'd like to see some of that

    cheers hipp

    -