Milan-San Remo

oely said:
im going Gilbert

not sure there will be a peloton big enough, with teams to hold back the likes of Cancellara and Gilbert.
a certain person I know with a gambling problem trusts your opinion so much that he has now bet a unit on Gilbert at 21 to 1 odds - which pretty much kills Gilbert's chances :rolleyes:.

confusedfan said:
a certain person I know with a gambling problem trusts your opinion so much that he has now bet a unit on Gilbert at 21 to 1 odds - which pretty much kills Gilbert's chances :rolleyes:.
put him into rehab.

He will get on well with Amy Winehouse.

Wow, what a finale to this years edition. Guess we shouldn't have betted against Cancellara given his early season form. Here's to hoping he hasn't peaked to early and can light up the northern classics like he did Milan Sanremo.

Wow. I got one right.

The scary thing is Cancellara wants to win the TdF. Not ths year but he thinks he may be able to get there eventually.

Nice finale. I really enjoyed Rebellin. How old is that guy? :eek:

Congratulations to Cancellara for a heck of a win!

Powerful Pete said:
Nice finale. I really enjoyed Rebellin. How old is that guy? :eek:

Congratulations to Cancellara for a heck of a win!
I think he's 35 or 36. One of the few riders who was good during the heyday of doping (Bettini and Simoni are two others that come to mind) and yet has managed to survive into the current era relatively unscathed.

Also interesting to see Niklaus Axelson riding well this year. He looked promising as a young rider until his EPO positive.

Bro Deal. The scary thing is Cancellara wants to win the TdF. Not ths year but he thinks he may be able to get there eventually.[/QUOTE said:
Really? Does that mean he is going to go on an Armstrong style binge? Or does he reckon he can win the Tour because there are no Armstrong types and their doping to compete against anymore? He certainly has 'the engine'. I guess he could do an Indurain (minus the EPO?) and take his time in the time trials, then defend through the mountains. Full of surprises and he looked a little surprised by the gap he got today at San Remo today. He's the talent that will ensure Bjarne finds another sponsor for 2009.

Has anyone come across a torrent of the San Remo - I was unable to record it :eek: and would like to have a copy! Nothing is turning up yet on mininova or piratebay...

Mille grazie.

I watched this on EuroSport last night over a bottle of red. Cancellara is the man. On the decent of the Poggio he was in the lead and stopped after he caught Gilbert..... waited until the time was right and went... nobody reacted and he was gone.... The entire race was fantastic and dope free racing is so much better.... well done to Bettini, Kohl and Rebillin for having a go and making a good race.... the sprinters teams had nothing, could do nothing...... bring on this season and leave Astana out of all races.....

whiteboytrash said:
I watched this on EuroSport last night over a bottle of red. Cancellara is the man. On the decent of the Poggio he was in the lead and stopped after he caught Gilbert..... waited until the time was right and went... nobody reacted and he was gone.... The entire race was fantastic and dope free racing is so much better.... well done to Bettini, Kohl and Rebillin for having a go and making a good race.... the sprinters teams had nothing, could do nothing...... bring on this season and leave Astana out of all races.....

good comments WBT; Also good to see Il Falco having a go on the decent..... and what the fark happened to Barado on the Cipressa ?

whiteboytrash said:
good comments WBT; Also good to see Il Falco having a go on the decent..... and what the fark happened to Barado on the Cipressa ?

I'm not sure WBT seemed like he clipped the wheel of some Eusketel rider when setting the pace and slowed the entire peleton..... made for good racing..... and what of Boonen & co. ? where were they ?

The subject of Fabian wanting to win the TDF someday came up last week on the DPF. I hope he does not assume that the TDF is the only way for his extraordinary talent to shine.

He would have to shrink himself quite a bit to tackle a 3-week stage race with serious climbs throughout.

Hey told_you_so, I don't care. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Milan-San Remo and was rooting for Cancellara at the end.

earth_dweller said:
Hey told_you_so, I don't care. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Milan-San Remo and was rooting for Cancellara at the end.
Why are you guys feeding the troll? :confused: Have you forgotten that this troll is unable to think rationally?