Milan- San Remo

Lets hope he does better than last year eh? (125th out of 164 finishers) ;)

jamie72 said:
Lets hope he does better than last year eh? (125th out of 164 finishers) ;)

i watched the milan-san remo 2009 race last night and saw that (along with Cavendesh's remarkable sprint finish) but Lance was saying that it was a training ride for astana for the most part (something the narrators of the race on the telly said it was for most riders) and definately a training ride for himself, saying that it was too early for him at that time to be back in shape to win anything. things have changed and i'm guessing top 20 this time. either way, that is one of the best races course wise i have ever seen. first time for me last night and very much looking forward to it on March 20th.

roadhouse said:
i watched the milan-san remo 2009 race last night and saw that (along with Cavendesh's remarkable sprint finish) but Lance was saying that it was a training ride for astana for the most part (something the narrators of the race on the telly said it was for most riders) and definately a training ride for himself, saying that it was too early for him at that time to be back in shape to win anything. things have changed and i'm guessing top 20 this time. either way, that is one of the best races course wise i have ever seen. first time for me last night and very much looking forward to it on March 20th.

A training ride for most riders???????

mattp1975 said:
A training ride for most riders???????

i think it has to do with all races revolving around the Tour De France but yes, they (the narrators) were saying that it's considered a training ride/race. they said the same of ToC and TDU too.

roadhouse said:
i think it has to do with all races revolving around the Tour De France but yes, they (the narrators) were saying that it's considered a training ride/race. they said the same of ToC and TDU too.

Milan San Remo a training ride...who were these narrators?!

mattp1975 said:

i couldn't say but i understand what they mean, i say the same thing when it comes to the Tour De France.

do you have universal sports on television? it's a public station and if so, they'll be broadcasting the race live on the 20th.

mattp1975 said:

The kind of jocks that think all races "revolve around the Tour de France" by the sound of it!!

classic < GRAND TOUR. one day < three weeks. approximate 185 miles < 2236.936 miles (3,600 kilometers) 2010 Tour De france.

sounds about right to me.

Football < snooker, one ball < 15 reds + 6 colored + white

You have no idea what are you talking about road. Stop trolling this forum with your Lance rubbish.

Andrija said:
Football < snooker, one ball < 15 reds + 6 colored + white

You have no idea what are you talking about road. Stop trolling this forum with your Lance rubbish.

roadhouse> andrija.

no lance rubbish and definately no 'trolling' on my part but i can't say the same for you by the looks of it, Andrija. the subject of lance finishing 125th was brought up by jamie, not i, i just answered with what i had and i do just so happen to get the fact that the Tour De France is THE Greatest bike race in the world, the last of the season and so it makes sense that all beggining of the season races are considered training races none other than by the riders themselves so quit posting just to post just because you might not agree especially if stupid is all you're gonna put in. if i wanted that, i'd respond to ______.

and as long as Lance exists, he's worth talking about. again, just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong to talk about nor does it make it trolling when i do.

roadhouse said:
roadhouse> andrija.

no lance rubbish and definately no 'trolling' on my part but i can't say the same for you by the looks of it, Andrija. the subject of lance finishing 125th was brought up by jamie, not i, i just answered with what i had and i do just so happen to get the fact that the Tour De France is THE Greatest bike race in the world, the last of the season and so it makes sense that all beggining of the season races are considered training races none other than by the riders themselves so quit posting just to post just because you might not agree especially if stupid is all you're gonna put in. if i wanted that, i'd respond to ______.

What about the world road champs in September, I'm not sure if you have the slightest idea about bike racing.

mattp1975 said:
What about the world road champs in September, I'm not sure if you have the slightest idea about bike racing.

think what you want, you are free to do so but that means that Phil Ligget doesn't know cycling as he as well as the many others who consider the Tour De France the pinnacle of all things road racing nor do the narrators who are ex racers or the current racers themselves, their team and coaches.

you shouldn't be taking it out on me, try them.

roadhouse said:
think what you want, you are free to do so but that means that Phil Ligget doesn't know cycling as he as well as the many others who consider the Tour De France the pinnacle of all things road racing nor do the narrators who are ex racers or the current racers themselves, their team and coaches.

you shouldn't be taking it out on me, try them.

Sorry roadhouse I didn't realise you are so sensitive but you really set yourself up for it!

let's try and keep this on the milan-san remo, it's why i posted the thread in the first place.

mattp1975 said:
Sorry roadhouse I didn't realise you are so sensitive but you really set yourself up for it!

no worries, i was just stating what i've learned over the last five years of following the Tour and all the in's and out's of the lesser races that lead up to it but let's just try and keep it on the milan-san remo.

roadhouse said:
let's try and keep this on the milan-san remo, it's why i posted the thread in the first place.

if armstrong only considers this race a training ride, then why should it be of any interest?