Milan- San Remo

No.
You've posted it to talk about Armstrong's participation. Then, after remark about his result, you've tried to belittle the race by saying that it's just preparation race, justifying that by referring to narrators.
You didn't say a word about cyclists who are targeting this race, course or history. That's why I'm saying you're trolling.
Armstrong is starting tomorrow in Spain, so you can open new thread and talk about it, before the time comes for Milan - San Remo.
You can talk about Paris - Nice and why Armstrong is avoiding the duel with Contador before, let's see, Dauphine.
You've just chosen wrong race to start glorification of your idol. That speaks volumes about your cycling knowledge. We talk here about cycling, not about one man and all his activities. You have other places to do that.

2010 TDF will be his "training ride" to get ready for the 2011 TDF.

And Kona ?? What is that for the Big Lance ?

roadhouse said:
no worries, i was just stating what i've learned over the last five years of following the Tour and all the in's and out's of the lesser races that lead up to it but let's just try and keep it on the milan-san remo.
Why are you lying?
You've started following Armstrong when he decided to make a comeback. You don't follow cycling at all.

Andrija said:
No.
You've posted it to talk about Armstrong's participation. Then, after remark about his result, you've tried to belittle the race by saying that it's just preparation race, justifying that by referring to narrators.
You didn't say a word about cyclists who are targeting this race, course or history. That's why I'm saying you're trolling.
Armstrong is starting tomorrow in Spain, so you can open new thread and talk about it, before the time comes for Milan - San Remo.
You can talk about Paris - Nice and why Armstrong is avoiding the duel with Contador before, let's see, Dauphine.
You've just chosen wrong race to start glorification of your idol. That speaks volumes about your cycling knowledge. We talk here about cycling, not about one man and all his activities. You have other places to do that.

let's see, you know me better than i do, right? no. i was strictly interested int the race itself and if you notice from previous, i said "either way, i'm looking forwards to the race as it's one of the best courses i've seen to date" so please remove your head from your bum and get over it.

roadhouse said:
let's see, you know me better than i do, right? no. i was strictly interested int the race itself and if you notice from previous, i said "either way, i'm looking forwards to the race as it's one of the best courses i've seen to date" so please remove your head from your bum and get over it.

I really think this obsession with Lance is unhealthy, perhaps you should try talking to someone about it!?

roadhouse said:
You should be more polite. That's first.
Second, I've read what you've posted, and that's Armstrong news. The only thing about race you've said, it's that you like the course.

Andrija said:
You should be more polite. That's first.
Second, I've read what you've posted, and that's Armstrong news. The only thing about race you've said, it's that you like the course.

i really think your obsession with me is unhealthy. perhaps you should try talking to someone about it!? ;)

roadhouse said:
i really think your obsession with me is unhealthy. perhaps you should try talking to someone about it? ;)
I didn't mention obsession. That's mattp1975. Be more careful. You're loosing.

mattp1975 said:
What about the world road champs in September, I'm not sure if you have the slightest idea about bike racing.

Those can be quite good, depending on the course. Some years, the course doesn't lend itself to great racing, but then fouled up team tactics (Are the Italians listening) don't make for great racing either. It seem that perennially some teams take themselves out of the hunt.

MSR is often one of the most boring of the Classics - mostly one for the sprinters. Every once in a while someone will light a fire under the a$s of the peloton and make things interesting over the last two hills. The descent off poggio is an interesting one...

... but it's easy to see why some use it go get some good racing miles in their legs.

swampy1970 said:
MSR is often one of the most boring of the Classics - mostly one for the sprinters. Every once in a while someone will light a fire under the a$s of the peloton and make things interesting over the last two hills. The descent off poggio is an interesting one...

... but it's easy to see why some use it go get some good racing miles in their legs.

If you win you enter the pantheon of cycle sport!!!

swampy1970 said:

Its often got the most exciting last 40 minutes of any classic, but last year was possibly the most boring Milan Sanremo I have ever seen

classic1 said:
Its often got the most exciting last 40 minutes of any classic, but last year was possibly the most boring Milan Sanremo I have ever seen

the sprint to the finish was about all the excitement i noticed.

I liked the fact that a British rider won. Second Brit victory after Simpson in 1964.
As for the course the hilly bit at the tail end is quite exciting. Even though it's become a sprinter's race, the climbs make the finale much less predictable.
Kelly the last winner of Milan-San Remo to also win a grand tour in their career?

jamie72 said:
I liked the fact that a British rider won. Second Brit victory after Simpson in 1964.
As for the course the hilly bit at the tail end is quite exciting. Even though it's become a sprinter's race, the climbs make the finale much less predictable.
Kelly the last winner of Milan-San Remo to also win a grand tour in their career?

No. Jalabert.

In a bizarre turn of events Roadhouse is probably right. Many riders believe in "race pace" training and races like MSR are the perfect races to do it (300km at 40-43kph). It's not something you can replicate in training on your own/with a bunch of mates/motor pacing.

Of the 200 or so starters only maybe 50 of them will have any real effect on the outcome - the rest will be preparing for tours/future races/recovering from illnes etc.

I don't expect Lance to be in the top 20 or top 50 (depending on the front group size towards the end) - I reckon Lance will finish in the 2nd or 3rd chase group where the pace is nice and even and no risks are taking on any of the tight corners...

MSR is not one of my favourite races - too flat to be broken up by the power sprinters - too long for any of the real favourites to try anything for the first 5 hours...