Mildehall Rally and 200mile/300km Audax

MSeries

Guest
After reading HDVs posting about her 300km Audax from the Mildenhall
Rally my mind started racing. I have been thinking about riding to
Cambridge this year to cover 200miles in one ride, why don't I ride to
the Mildenhall Rally ? But if I did this I'd almost certainly wouldn't
want to do the 300K Audax at the event. So do I drive/train to
Mildenhall and ride the Audax or do I ride there, chill for the weekend
maybe do a short ride and ride/rain home ? I don't really want to do my
200miler with my camping gear though, anyone thinking of driving from
Leeds area that can carry my tent/sleeping bag/Thermarest/ weekend kit ?
Perhaps best bet is to train/ride there, do the 300K then train/ride
back ? What would YOU do ?

MSeries <[email protected]>typed

> After reading HDVs posting about her 300km Audax from the Mildenhall
> Rally my mind started racing. I have been thinking about riding to
> Cambridge this year to cover 200miles in one ride, why don't I ride to
> the Mildenhall Rally ? But if I did this I'd almost certainly wouldn't
> want to do the 300K Audax at the event. So do I drive/train to
> Mildenhall and ride the Audax or do I ride there, chill for the weekend
> maybe do a short ride and ride/rain home ? I don't really want to do my
> 200miler with my camping gear though, anyone thinking of driving from
> Leeds area that can carry my tent/sleeping bag/Thermarest/ weekend kit ?
> Perhaps best bet is to train/ride there, do the 300K then train/ride
> back ? What would YOU do ?

Train/drive both ways, chill for most of weekend and do short Audax ride
(100km)...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

MSeries wrote:
> After reading HDVs posting about her 300km Audax from the Mildenhall
> Rally my mind started racing. I have been thinking about riding to
> Cambridge this year to cover 200miles in one ride, why don't I ride to
> the Mildenhall Rally ? But if I did this I'd almost certainly wouldn't
> want to do the 300K Audax at the event. So do I drive/train to
> Mildenhall and ride the Audax or do I ride there, chill for the weekend
> maybe do a short ride and ride/rain home ? I don't really want to do my
> 200miler with my camping gear though, anyone thinking of driving from
> Leeds area that can carry my tent/sleeping bag/Thermarest/ weekend kit ?
> Perhaps best bet is to train/ride there, do the 300K then train/ride
> back ? What would YOU do ?

Drive there and do the Audax. Its much easier with other people around
you as part of an event than doing it alone IMO

Tony