Mildenhall

Wafflydirtycatl

Guest
Called into the Mildenhall Cycling Rally this evening. Checked out the cycle jumble - the place was
*heaving* even more than my bosums, hence it was extremely claustrophobic, so I ducked out of it.
Met some cycling friends. Team Whelan were there. Pete is on the mend, but he's still looking a tad
fragile. Hope he heals 100% soon.

Prob will go back tomorrow to view some grass track racing & the trade stands.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 20:03:43 +0000, wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:

> Called into the Mildenhall Cycling Rally this evening.
[...]

> Prob will go back tomorrow to view some grass track racing & the trade stands.

No-one carrying paving slabs was seen today, so how else may the hoi-polloi identify you?

Having gone there in company with the Cambridge Dark-side I can assure you that we may be "bent",
but we have no need for padded garments of any length!

Mike

>No-one carrying paving slabs was seen today, so how else may the hoi-polloi identify you?

Well today John (of ICE) said, "Are you Helen?" He recognised me from the newsgroup - I must look
like a computer screen ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

In news:[email protected], wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
<[email protected]> typed:

> Well today John (of ICE) said, "Are you Helen?" He recognised me from the newsgroup - I must look
> like a computer screen ;-)

Were you wearing a yellow Randonee T? Spotted what may have been the front of Vernon and Nathan's
heads - only ever seen a picture of the back of their heads - and someone in a yellow T but too far
away to communicate. No black eyes or paving slabs seen though

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

In message <[email protected]>, Tony Raven <[email protected]> writes
>In news:[email protected], wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX
><[email protected]> typed:
>>
>> Well today John (of ICE) said, "Are you Helen?"
>Were you wearing a yellow Randonee T? Spotted what may have been the front of Vernon and Nathan's
>heads - only ever seen a picture of the back of their heads - and someone in a yellow T but too far
>away to communicate. No black eyes or paving slabs seen though

Surely you'd just need to look out for those heaving bazooma's??
--
Chris French, Leeds

>Surely you'd just need to look out for those heaving bazooma's??

Indeed ;-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... .

> Prob will go back tomorrow to view some grass track racing & the trade
stands.

Went there today, viewed the grass track racing and trade stands and got some marital advice as
well: "If she won't ride it, she'll have to go" said the Gearshift man, as I expressed hesitation at
taking up his offer on a tandem frame in case my wife wouldn't join me on it! Amazing what you can
get at cycle rallies, really. If only life were so simple ;-).

Rich

>Went there today, viewed the grass track racing and trade stands and got some marital advice as
>well: "If she won't ride it, she'll have to go" said the Gearshift man, as I expressed hesitation
>at taking up his offer on a tandem frame in case my wife wouldn't join me on it! Amazing what you
>can get at cycle rallies, really. If only life were so simple ;-).
>
>Rich

The Unfit Family went back today too. Vernon & Nathan did their CC breckalnd Open 10 mile TT this
morning, during which Nathan acquired some new road rash & had his chain come off. Nathan expressed
a desire to go back to Mildenhall (but not doing the 70 mile round trip by bike as he did yesterday)
and Vernon had a desire to hit the trade stands. Ended up coming back with a new yellow Briko winter
long sleeve jersey for me & some black Lusso shorts. Nathan & Vernon got some overshoes for winter.
Nathan got a new helmet - a Briko twinner for £30, instead of - well, I've seen them priced at
anything from £60 - £99 on the Net. Nathan is well pleased with his new helmet (a *proper* one,
according to him) as reward for getting a GCSE 2 years early.

Of course, as we motored home Vernon decided to be a wag by saying to me, "Pity ICE were packing up,
darling, I was just about to wander over & order you a trice in pearly pink... really, I was, but
the guys had just about packed up." Yeah, right - and I'm a size 10...

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*ol*$*.*$$c$om*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >I saw the 'Fat Bird on a Bike' stand and thought of you ;-).
>
> I thought they were "Fat Birds Don't Fly" from Hunstanton. Cors, I cud be
rong
> ;-)

No, you're right. I've got one of their leaflets. There you go, you see. I've become so accustomed
to the phrase 'fat bird on a bike', that I see it even when it's something else about fat birds!
Anyway I bet they only changed it to '..don't fly' because they knew you'd already taken the
expression '.. on a bike'!

Rich

On 25 Aug 2003 21:23:00 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:

>>I saw the 'Fat Bird on a Bike' stand and thought of you ;-).
>
>I thought they were "Fat Birds Don't Fly" from Hunstanton. Cors, I cud be rong ;-)

Not wrong at all. There's plenty of take-off room across the Wash.

James

--
"Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:40:39 +0100, James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 25 Aug 2003 21:23:00 GMT, [email protected] (wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX) wrote:
>
>>>I saw the 'Fat Bird on a Bike' stand and thought of you ;-).
>>
>>I thought they were "Fat Birds Don't Fly" from Hunstanton. Cors, I cud be rong ;-)
>>

>Not wrong at all. There's plenty of take-off room across the Wash.

Yeah - put a ramp at the bottom of the hill, give it some welly and see how far you can
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-thud. Oops, tide was out.

>James

Gary

(FBDF - where I got my wheels from - sez something when you gotta go to Hunstanton from Mildenhall
to get some decent gear! :)