Mildly Priced New Bike

CT Cyclysm

Jul 5, 2005
hello, as some of you may know i am 15 and just getting into the sport. i currently riding a peugot (sp) road bike that is over 20 years old. I would like to buy a new bike but i cant spend $800+ right now. do any of you know of a good bike i can race and tour with for $400-600?

CT Cyclysm said:
hello, as some of you may know i am 15 and just getting into the sport. i currently riding a peugot (sp) road bike that is over 20 years old. I would like to buy a new bike but i cant spend $800+ right now. do any of you know of a good bike i can race and tour with for $400-600?

The Trek 1000 is in that price range and I found it to be an excellent entry level bike when I decided to get back into cycling two years ago. I have since upgraded, but I still have it as my backup.

I'm sure you will be happy with any of the entry level road bikes from the major brands when compared to what you are riding now.

e-bay is an amazing resource. Just shop cautiously and read the whole listing; I have purchased 2 bikes (an 01 Specialized Rockhopper, and an 02 Cannondale r400) recently and have paid very reasonable prices for them both.