Mileage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by cyclintom, Oct 31, 2018.

1. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the year January was a really good riding month. But everything was getting fuzzy in my vision and when I went to the eye doctor he recommended both eyes have cataract surgery. That knocked out January. Then February rained like hell. It destroyed a lot of roads that they still haven't repaired or repaired well. On one of the local 10% two mile climbs there's a section that is plainly going to fall over the cliff if we get another hard rain next winter. I called the county and they put a patch on the worst part. The patch was fine but 30 feet below that is another section they should have done as well.

Anyway every riding day for a month it rained. Then my brother started going blind from glaucoma which required me to be taking him to the eye doctor every day for a month until they got it under control. He now has better eyesight than I do in one eye and as good in the other.

Then my retired NCIS friend visited and in chasing him down a steep hill I hit a pothole, slid off the road and fell into this stone culvert that was 5' deep. It felt like every bone in my body was broken but it was just bruised. So that knocked out another month of riding.

Since then I tried to get back into shape. Four months off of the bike really screws your fitness up and so it took me a couple of months of solo riding to be able to try to ride with the group again. Though my rides were normally longer than they would be with the group but slower. 60-70 mile rides were often. Then I dropped back down to three hard rides a week and one recovery ride. So I put in about 130-150 miles a week with over 6,000 feet of climbing that I would call climbing. Redwood Rd, little Pinehurst, big Pinehurst, Norris Canyon - both ways on Palomares etc. There's a 600 ft 5% climb that I ride going to and from one of the rides. If you relax on it you can use it as a warmup. But young guys will use it going to work in the morning to the jails halfway up. That make you ride too fast if you're not careful. They you aren't warming up but wearing out.

Anyway - I would normally have a target of 6,000 miles for the year and made 8,000, this year I had a target of 4,000 and will probably put in 5,000. Before my concussion in 2009 I put in 10 years of 10,000 miles/yr. That wasn't all that much since Dan'imal Tonelli would do 20,000 every year like clockwork until he got too afraid of the increasingly dangerous traffic as they've now build houses everywhere. He now runs marathons.

I'm sure that over most of the USA the weather doesn't permit the riding time we get in out here on the west coast. Indoor trainers and video game trainers certainly are a good way to keep at least part of your fitness when you can't ride outdoors. But they are not riding a bike and shouldn't be treated as mileage or climbing.

PansyBob telling us that he can ride l'Alpe d'Huez every other day shows you just the sort of rider he considers himself. That's the same sort of thing as his opinions of tubeless tires when half of more of all the new racing tires are tubeless.

Tags:

2. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Bob he hasn't gotten back to you about the chase car thing because he had to check the internet to find out what that is, and he reads very slowly with very low comprehension, so it may be awhile before he gets back to you on that. He'll probably have a friend read it and then explain it to him at a 1st grade level so he can sort of understand it.

3. cyclintom

I told you what happened to me and if you don't chose to believe it I couldn't care less. Do you actually believe that your opinion somehow changes reality? You still haven't told us what bikes you have and what you yourself have ridden. Or are you simply on this site to tell us that we should all be wearing helmets or be prepared to die?

4. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Your a fake military person, probably a romance scammer, you're a disgrace to the people who actually been in the military, your probably a PX ranger, but your definitely fugazi.

5. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

$233,000 per year and all he could afford was used Campagnolo shit that he was too stupid to adjust. Another lie from the 'self-made high school dropout that invented everything from the light bulb to the impossible to hydroform Titanium tube...

The man that stated Ti was too stiff! Then claimed it was too flexy. Then said his Colnago BiTitan Ti frame that was renown for being flexy was...actually stiff!... Seriously! If this isn't an indication of brain damage I don't know what the Hell is.

The stone cold killer. The man that PERMANENTLY DISABLED six men!... LOL!

The 600-Watt Wonder! Or was it 300 Watts? Or perhaps 270 Watts? Could have been 210 Watts? Maybe 180 Watts?...

The only cyclist in North America that measures his shoulder width and not his fat belly to take a wild ass guess at his power...

The 'almost 74 years old' crash-prone dumbass with a couple of severe head injuries...

All this typing. All this stupidity. All the lies. A reputation thrown away.

It could ALL have been avoided with one simple apology and a statement that he didn't have a clue as to what he was even lying about.

And...he's too damned retarded to figure out 'why' we're laughing at him.

If I EVER get that retarded...promise me!...please push me in front of a speeding locomotive.

6. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Bob, I can't do that, Tommy the Lunatic probably had some sort of hand in developing the modern circuit boards in those locomotive engines and it would give him to much satisfaction knowing one of his devices killed you.

7. cyclintom

So are you two in a mutual support group? Perhaps AA?

8. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

This from a person who's been chain smoking weed since he was 5 days old! then combined that with constant use of LSD for the last 50 years, Tom was a poster child for the CIA experiments with LSD. Then Tommy added glue sniffing to his weed and LSD habit.

I found a family picture of Tommy smoking weed: [​IMG]

9. cyclintom

I don't find that comical in the least. I had a younger brother two years younger than me and when I went into the AF he became a rock band lead guitarist in the days of the Flower Children. Pot regardless of the crap said about it IS a gateway drug for a very large percentage of people He died at 49 from the effects of drugs on his heart. His son is approaching the same condition. My nephew has had his mind more than altered - he thinks that passing car license plates are talking to him. I played in two or three rock bands and I was the only one that wasn't using drugs The bands my brother played in and the ones I played in, every single member died before they reached 60. If you think that drugs are humorous hope that they don't have to use the latest opiode pain killer on you - it is 1,000 times stronger than heroin and causes instant addition. And virtually anyone that has to use it will OD.

10. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Wow, now your a rock and roll star, that's great Forest Gump.

CAMPYBOB likes this.
  11. CAMPYBOB

Was that before or after your pronouncement the Tiatanium couldn't be hydroformed, racing bicycles have stainless steel spoke nipples and you can make 600 Watts for an hour. Liar.

12. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

I bet in week or two Forest Gump will have said he cut some albums, a week or two past that and he was a world class band member.

13. CAMPYBOB

But...but...but...he has like 23 tool boxes! One for every thing he works on!

Don't open the one marked 'Sex Dolls Repair Kit'.

The 'self-made' high school dropout has had one amazing lying career after another.

14. cyclintom

So now you don't even know anything about music either. Tell you what - you can go into almost any bar in most towns and see musicians playing. If you're out in the sticks almost every weekend there are dances in the town auditoriums. Who do you think is playing there stupid? Do you suppose the Beatles were playing in Bumfug, Idaho? There is really no end to your absolute ignorance. There are better street musicians in San Francisco that in most large places. Is there anything at all that you've actually ever done but gouge renters?

15. CAMPYBOB

tommy...still Lying The Stairway To Heaven! LMAO! Whadda maroon!

16. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Let me guess, next you'll be saying I can go into any bar and I'll see you playing there...yup, playing Drunk Jenga!

So that's where you play your crap you call music is on the streets of San Fransissy so you can make some money to eat and drink yourself into unconsciousness?

Make sure when you come to rent from you tell me who you are so I can gouge the crap out of you because you're a sucker that will pay it.

17. CAMPYBOB

I've got a funny feeling you will know 'who' he is without him having to tell you.

If the belly arriving two zip codes before his fat head gets there isn't a dead give away, his introductory speech about being a 'self-made' high school dropout with Watts comparable to George Hincapie and intelligence equal to Bill Gates will.

You will not have to ask for references as he is worth over ONE MIRRION DOLLARS!

Honestly, every time I run across a dipshit like tommy in life I am amazed people like him remember to take their next breath.

He wants so desperately to be right about...something! Anything!

Why does he keep going on about his ridiculous tubeless tires? No one gives a shit. From professional racers to everyday riders, few people use them in the big picture.

Why does he keep going on about 'steel' spoke nipples? If they do exist they are a rare item and in 46 years of cycling I haven ever seen a wheel that used steel nipples.

Why is he obsessed with carbon fiber and 'bike handling'? And then doesn't get anything right in a page-long manifesto that mentions literally nothing about bike handling? Bizarre.

Why does he insist on listing a bunch of fantasy devices he never invented, jobs he never held, killing people he never killed, 'permanently disabling' people he never injured, etc. when it's his lying about his Watts that got him here? All he had to do was apologize.

And that brings up the point that started his 3-week long hysterical march into madness...why did he have to jump on the newb and brag about being able to hold 600 Watts for an hour?!?!?!

tommy has never owned a power meter and despite all the charts, graphs, shoulder width measuring and guesstimating on the planet, it is NEVER going to give anyone even a rough estimate of their power as evidenced by his wild lies! 600 Watts? Insanity.

And 'insanity, in a word, defines tommy.

Every post he's made reinforces the fact that there is something seriously wrong going on inside his skull.

18. CAMPYBOB

USAF?!?!?!

Didn't you told us that you were a Marine? That you killed people for a living! LOL!

WTF?!

Probably just another lie.

#18 CAMPYBOB, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  19. cyclintom

You guys sure get upset when someone makes something of their lives. It absolutely destroys your view of your own lives and hence the only thing you can do is deny it. PansyBob thinks that dropping bombs on people doesn't kill them. He thinks that it cleans their diapers and is a great thing. Just like Trek and Specialized aren't American bicycle companies because their bikes are made in India and China.

Tell me Froze - why would I rent from someone whose idea of business is to gouge as much money out of someone as possible?

20. CAMPYBOB

Oh...so now we have tommy, the bombardier.

Just to be clear...you were a Marine, right???

So you remotely killed people...how? Did you permanently disable 6 guys remotely? As in, some other dude did that, but you might have seen a YouTube video of a street fight?

Damn! This stuff just gets better and better!

The stone cold Marine killer is now claiming to have been in the USAF? Or were you both a Marine Corps stone cold killer AND a USAF bombardier???

In which branch of the service did you make the 600 Watts for an hour that you repeatedly claimed and then defended further by claiming any old vet could make 800 Watts for an hour?

Seriously, Froze. I wouldn't want this dweeb in any rentals I owned.