Mileage

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by cyclintom, Oct 31, 2018.

1. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the year January was a really good riding month. But everything was getting fuzzy in my vision and when I went to the eye doctor he recommended both eyes have cataract surgery. That knocked out January. Then February rained like hell. It destroyed a lot of roads that they still haven't repaired or repaired well. On one of the local 10% two mile climbs there's a section that is plainly going to fall over the cliff if we get another hard rain next winter. I called the county and they put a patch on the worst part. The patch was fine but 30 feet below that is another section they should have done as well.

Anyway every riding day for a month it rained. Then my brother started going blind from glaucoma which required me to be taking him to the eye doctor every day for a month until they got it under control. He now has better eyesight than I do in one eye and as good in the other.

Then my retired NCIS friend visited and in chasing him down a steep hill I hit a pothole, slid off the road and fell into this stone culvert that was 5' deep. It felt like every bone in my body was broken but it was just bruised. So that knocked out another month of riding.

Since then I tried to get back into shape. Four months off of the bike really screws your fitness up and so it took me a couple of months of solo riding to be able to try to ride with the group again. Though my rides were normally longer than they would be with the group but slower. 60-70 mile rides were often. Then I dropped back down to three hard rides a week and one recovery ride. So I put in about 130-150 miles a week with over 6,000 feet of climbing that I would call climbing. Redwood Rd, little Pinehurst, big Pinehurst, Norris Canyon - both ways on Palomares etc. There's a 600 ft 5% climb that I ride going to and from one of the rides. If you relax on it you can use it as a warmup. But young guys will use it going to work in the morning to the jails halfway up. That make you ride too fast if you're not careful. They you aren't warming up but wearing out.

Anyway - I would normally have a target of 6,000 miles for the year and made 8,000, this year I had a target of 4,000 and will probably put in 5,000. Before my concussion in 2009 I put in 10 years of 10,000 miles/yr. That wasn't all that much since Dan'imal Tonelli would do 20,000 every year like clockwork until he got too afraid of the increasingly dangerous traffic as they've now build houses everywhere. He now runs marathons.

I'm sure that over most of the USA the weather doesn't permit the riding time we get in out here on the west coast. Indoor trainers and video game trainers certainly are a good way to keep at least part of your fitness when you can't ride outdoors. But they are not riding a bike and shouldn't be treated as mileage or climbing.

PansyBob telling us that he can ride l'Alpe d'Huez every other day shows you just the sort of rider he considers himself. That's the same sort of thing as his opinions of tubeless tires when half of more of all the new racing tires are tubeless.

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

You certainly still are an asshole.

Bob Ross likes this.
  3. cyclintom

What's the matter - can't take the truth you feckless jackass? Oh wait, around your neck of the woods everyone is still using tubulars because that's what the pro's use so that their mechanics can change tires in the chase cars. I'm SURE that all of you have chase cars in your citizens races.

4. CAMPYBOB

"Chase cars"? WTF is a 'chase car'?

Wheel pits for crits. Neutral support for road events. Sometime a moto carries a few wheels.

But you knew that, Mr. 600 Watt Liar, didn't you? Asshole.

5. cyclintom

So now you're telling us that you do road races as well? Neutral support on a video game must be really great.

6. CAMPYBOB

Tell us what a "chase car" is! LMFAO!

Mr. 600 Watts is a high school dropout! Hysterical stuff!!

7. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Bob he hasn't gotten back to you about the chase car thing because he had to check the internet to find out what that is, and he reads very slowly with very low comprehension, so it may be awhile before he gets back to you on that. He'll probably have a friend read it and then explain it to him at a 1st grade level so he can sort of understand it.

8. cyclintom

Care to compare how much each of has made? In my last job I was making $233,000/yr. What about you? Inherit much?

9. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Just like your supposed military crap and you punching some dude for spitting at you blah blah blah, I already discussed with you that I believe you've never been in the military and why, you have to brag about imaginary stories to make yourself appear to be a man, I won't stoop to such childish levels, if I did I would simply type something in that's more then your figure, what the hell would that prove? It would prove we're both children, so I let you stand as being the only child here. How much I make is none of your business, as far as inheritance, I can't inherit anything if one of my parents is still alive! And if I did or did not inherit anything it's none of your business either.

10. CAMPYBOB

Careful, Froze! Every person he hit is PERMANENTLY DISABLED!!!!!!!

LMFAO!

tommy, you're a piss poor liar. Matter of fact, you're piss poor at everything you've done on this forum. You're a moron and a dumb shit.

The least you can do before Rage Quitting for the fifth time is to man up about oyur repeated lying.

11. CAMPYBOB

Careful, Froze! Every person he hit is PERMANENTLY DISABLED!!!!!!!

LMFAO!

tommy, you're a piss poor liar. Matter of fact, you're piss poor at everything you've done on this forum. You're a moron and a dumb shit.

The least you can do before Rage Quitting for the fifth time is to man up about your repeated lying.

12. cyclintom

I told you what happened to me and if you don't chose to believe it I couldn't care less. Do you actually believe that your opinion somehow changes reality? You still haven't told us what bikes you have and what you yourself have ridden. Or are you simply on this site to tell us that we should all be wearing helmets or be prepared to die?

13. cyclintom

And you still haven't told us what bikes you own and what REAL rides you've done.

14. CAMPYBOB

Quote from tommy, the dumbass liar!

"Aluminum and it's snootier cousin who is always looking down its nose at you - titanium - are in general simply so stiff that they must be tuned with tire sizes and pressures."

STFU you lying sack of shit.

Be a man and apologize for your ignorance and lies.

15. CAMPYBOB

"Aluminum and it's snootier cousin who is always looking down its nose at you - titanium - are in general simply so stiff that they must be tuned with tire sizes and pressures."

Twice, since he lied about what he said twice.

STFU you lying sack of shit.

Be a man and apologize for your ignorance and lies.

16. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Your a fake military person, probably a romance scammer, you're a disgrace to the people who actually been in the military, your probably a PX ranger, but your definitely fugazi.

17. CAMPYBOB

$233,000 per year and all he could afford was used Campagnolo shit that he was too stupid to adjust. Another lie from the 'self-made high school dropout that invented everything from the light bulb to the impossible to hydroform Titanium tube...

The man that stated Ti was too stiff! Then claimed it was too flexy. Then said his Colnago BiTitan Ti frame that was renown for being flexy was...actually stiff!... Seriously! If this isn't an indication of brain damage I don't know what the Hell is.

The stone cold killer. The man that PERMANENTLY DISABLED six men!... LOL!

The 600-Watt Wonder! Or was it 300 Watts? Or perhaps 270 Watts? Could have been 210 Watts? Maybe 180 Watts?...

The only cyclist in North America that measures his shoulder width and not his fat belly to take a wild ass guess at his power...

The 'almost 74 years old' crash-prone dumbass with a couple of severe head injuries...

All this typing. All this stupidity. All the lies. A reputation thrown away.

It could ALL have been avoided with one simple apology and a statement that he didn't have a clue as to what he was even lying about.

And...he's too damned retarded to figure out 'why' we're laughing at him.

If I EVER get that retarded...promise me!...please push me in front of a speeding locomotive.

18. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Bob, I can't do that, Tommy the Lunatic probably had some sort of hand in developing the modern circuit boards in those locomotive engines and it would give him to much satisfaction knowing one of his devices killed you.

19. cyclintom

So are you two in a mutual support group? Perhaps AA?

20. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

This from a person who's been chain smoking weed since he was 5 days old! then combined that with constant use of LSD for the last 50 years, Tom was a poster child for the CIA experiments with LSD. Then Tommy added glue sniffing to his weed and LSD habit.

I found a family picture of Tommy smoking weed: [​IMG]