Mileage

A guy riding on a trainer did become a TT champion. That is not an opinion but a fact.
And two million others on trainers became nothing. Does that mean that a trainer is worthless or that it is nothing more than a method of exercising. I don't criticize the device. Only the silly idea that it can replace actual riding.

Been riding inside and out! Much better than listening to tommy's idiotic lies and nonsensical drivel. Been busy putting the last touches on 2018 work project...you know...stuff like re-inventing the Watt Calculator that costs 4x what the SRM sells for...curing cancer...a few hush-hush CIA deals...killing people for a living...splintering a few pair of new Yoeleo's with my Silca...proving to all that helmets actually kill cyclists...the usual!

Mostly, just being grateful at this joyous holiday time that I'm STILL living, rent free, inside tommy's empty skull. Best Christmas present evar!

Damn! This stuff makes Alf's rants that you can ride an UltraTorque crankset with the half shafts separated by a MM seem logical and sane!

OK...that's not really true...

Weather's pretty much sucked, but the roads have been only partly craptastic. The worst of it now is the grit and salt. Salt so thick you can taste it in the air. Bleech! I've already seen over 7,000 riders in the game on Zwift. The New York Central Park world is insanely well detailed and cool. Pack 7K worth of riders on 25 Km of road and it's like an international criterium!

Shopping's almost done, mostly online and gift cards. Easy peasy. Snagged a Dyson doorbuster deal and I'm pretty impressed. We'll see how it holds up over the long run. Hoover gets basement duty.

Still waiting for the new Kurt Kinetic R1 to hit the shelves. Over a month late...

He thinks you can't lose weight on a trainer? LMFAO!

42 pounds in 3 months: https://zwiftinsider.com/interview-tim-clark/
Explain to us all how he could ride a trainer and generate 341 watts over 12 miles at about 23 mph where as you deny I could make that much power over the same distance at 20-21 mph into a 20 mph headwind?

You scream that you need "proof" from a real power meter but Zwift connects to trainers that do not have any feedback mechanism. That all became pretty obvious when you had that display of a peleton generating 340 watts on a five rider paceline at 18 mph. Is that why you deleted that picture?

Also we might like to remember that I said that it was impossible to lose any significant weight by riding. And what did Tim Clark say?

"What about diet? I assume this changed for you as well. How so?

You assumed correctly. My wife is a consultant for Cambridge Weight Plan, so I’ve been following that since January 4th. It’s a high protein/low carb diet, so if you stick to it and keep drinking your water I find it easy to lose weight. I personally don’t like tomatoes and fish so most diet plans leave me with a dilemma of what I can actually eat. The Cambridge Weight Plan replaces some meals with ‘products’ so that I didn’t have to work out what I could eat.

I also cut out alcohol completely, not just during the week, but totally. There are so many hidden calories in beer, wine and spirits it’s a great way to lose weight without having to do anything else."

If you think that you are a better rider for riding the Zwift than riding your bike, fine. Then try to keep up.

Roding
And two million others on trainers became nothing. Does that mean that a trainer is worthless or that it is nothing more than a method of exercising. I don't criticize the device. Only the silly idea that it can replace actual riding.[/QUO

Riding is a very general term. Of course a trainer can replace the road in many situations and has. It depends on your goals. It is much harder to stay on a trainer for hours at a time but it has been done. Once again I am staying fact not opinion. I think you like to argue for the sake of the argument.

Hooooo boy! Tommy's out there!

First...I deleted nothing, dipshit.

Second, on Zwift it's very simple to tell which riders are using power and which are not. Of course, you're too stupid to figure that out.

tommy, just STFU. You're an idiot. All you want to do is prove to people how smart you aren't. And all you end up doing is proving how retarded you are.

Over.

And over.

And over.

You scream that you need "proof" from a real power meter but Zwift connects to trainers that do not have any feedback mechanism. That all became pretty obvious when you had that display of a peleton generating 340 watts on a five rider paceline at 18 mph.

Hey dumbass. That pic was from CVRcade pre-beta, not Zwift. And it's still up. Moron.

This pro thinks you're an idiot.

zwift-pro-riders-flags-02.png

Fatass loser can't figure out how life works! LMFAO! Guess who uses ceramic bearings because they actually work?!?! Too funny! No tubeless tires on his IRL rig!

zwift-pro-riders-flags-01.png

Calm down Bob. Lets not start back with the insults again. Most of us can read and judge the validity of the rhetoric posted.

Was it you saying the he was riding that exercycle 8-9 hours a day? I didn't see that anywhere in his interview. In fact I got the idea that he was riding about a half hour before work and maybe a little more after work.

And I didn't understand the TT champion part. If he was almost 2 3/4's minutes slower than the lead where did this championship come from?

Not to mention CampyBob's love affair with ceramic bearings that I already explained do not turn fast enough to even detect the difference in rolling resistance. Ceramic bearing are good in high speed, lightly loaded applications.

Was it you saying the he was riding that exercycle 8-9 hours a day? I didn't see that anywhere in his interview. In fact I got the idea that he was riding about a half hour before work and maybe a little more after work.

And I didn't understand the TT champion part. If he was almost 2 3/4's minutes slower than the lead where did this championship come from?

Not to mention CampyBob's love affair with ceramic bearings that I already explained do not turn fast enough to even detect the difference in rolling resistance. Ceramic bearing are good in high speed, lightly loaded applications.

Who are you asking about? The individual I am referring to won a National Championship but I think you and I exist on different worlds so your reality may be different.

Last edited:
Slept through it.

Last one we could feel was back in 1986 just before lunch. The telephone poles were shaking a bit and we could feel the building moving from the second floor. Looked out the window to see the electric/phone wires whipping up and down and for a second or two thought it was the wind. The old coot engineer had already booked it down the stairs and headed outside! LOL!

As far as earthquakes I would say it's Trumps "fault" but I don't want to cross that "line". As far as different planes of existence I have never had a heart rate of 106 over 60.

I have never had a heart rate of 106 over 60.

I did. Once. And only for a very short time period. As I recall it was right after I hypothetically invented a means of calculating a rider's power output in Watts, but then realized it had already been done.

For one fourth the price of my unit.

My hypothetical unit.

The one that I designed in my head.

On a whim.

Just because I could.

At first I was excited. And I spiked to 106. Right on 106. Not 107.

Then, as the reality invaded my fantasy, it settled down to 60. Not 59.

My neurologist said it was caused by my meds, but I stopped taking those years ago. Right after the third skull fracture. That was caused by my bike asploding. Or an earthquake.I can't remember which.

All I know is that shortly after that I dropped out of high school to become a rocket surgeon. 27 career changes later...here we are today!

I tried to be a Rocket Surgeon but never could launch my career, never get my occupation off the ground. I got "fired" several times. I guess the re-entry process burned me out.

Reactions: CAMPYBOB