Military folks?

Clyde_in_tn

Guest
Any military folks have any good cadences the would like to donate? We have one caller and he only
as three cadences and we cannot use one of them.

Criteria: Easy to remember No profanity Not branch specific Motivational

(Please send replies directly to me so as not to clutter up the NG)

"Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any military folks have any good cadences the would like to donate? We have one caller and he only
> as three cadences and we cannot use one of them.
>
> Criteria: Easy to remember No profanity Not branch specific Motivational
>
> (Please send replies directly to me so as not to clutter up the NG)

I don't know ANY that don't have hard consonants.....................

"Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any military folks have any good cadences the would like to donate? We have one caller and he only
> as three cadences and we cannot use one of them.
>
> Criteria: Easy to remember
Edit
> Not branch specific Motivational
>
> (Please send replies directly to me so as not to clutter up the NG)

Military ones with no profanity? come on now. So obvisouly one guy (or gal) says the line and
everyone repeats..

Here's one:

Mary Mary don't say NO Down to the basement we will GO Put your ass against the WALL Here I come
balls and ALL

Won't your mother be surPRISED When she sees you belly RISE Won't your father be disgUSTED When he
sees your cherry's BUSTED

."Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any military folks have any good cadences the would like to donate? We have one caller and he only
> as three cadences and we cannot use one of them.
>
> Criteria: Easy to remember No profanity Not branch specific Motivational
>
> (Please send replies directly to me so as not to clutter up the NG)

I vote to post em John. These are a bit of history and It would be fun to see if they have changed
much over the years.

My favorite from the early 70's at Ft Benning GA:

Well I don't know but I've been told,

Eskimo *****'s mighty cold,

am I right or wrong,

your right,

are we going strong,

your right,

sound off,

1,2,3,4

Probably not acceptable for your use but I had to post it.

DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing. The rest I've just wasted

"Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<%[email protected]>...
> "Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Any military folks have any good cadences the would like to donate? We have one caller and he
> > only as three cadences and we cannot use one of them.
> >
> > Criteria: Easy to remember No profanity Not branch specific Motivational
> >
> > (Please send replies directly to me so as not to clutter up the NG)
> >

> I don't know ANY that don't have hard consonants.....................

I'm with you Marty. If they didn't have any when we learned them, they were added in as the
miles passed.

Try some Ramones lyrics, like "Psychotherapy".

JD

SDC wrote:

> Here's one:
>
> Mary Mary don't say NO Down to the basement we will GO

Yeah Riiight!

Momma and PAPPA lying in the BED Momma rolled OVER and this is what she SAID Gimme SOME Gimme SOME
PT PT Good for YOU Good for ME One MILE, no GOOD Two MILES, no GOOD three MILES, no GOOD four MILES,
getting THERE five MILES, .. YEAH.....YEAH gimme SOME gimme SOME PT PT Good for YOU Good for ME
repeat, ad nauseaum

"Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any military folks have any good cadences the would like to donate? We have one caller and he only
> as three cadences and we cannot use one of them.
>
> Criteria: Easy to remember No profanity Not branch specific Motivational
>
> (Please send replies directly to me so as not to clutter up the NG)

I wish all the ladies were bricks in a pile...........And I was a mason.......I'd lay em
all in style.

I wish all the Ladies were bells in a tower.........And I was a bell boy......Yeah I'd bang em by
the hour..

I wish all the Ladies were holes in the Road.......And I was a dumptruck.......I'd fill em
with my load.

It goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on...........etc.

TJ

In the days before tailhook.

TJ wrote:

> I wish all the ladies were bricks in a pile...........And I was a mason.......I'd lay em all
> in style.
>
> I wish all the Ladies were bells in a tower.........And I was a bell boy......Yeah I'd bang em by
> the hour..
>
> I wish all the Ladies were holes in the Road.......And I was a dumptruck.......I'd fill em with
> my load.
>
> It goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on...........etc.
>
> TJ
>
> In the days before tailhook.

Ugh.

I guess these technically wouldn't be "profanity" (or would they?), but if you're trying to impress
the ladies, these might not be your best bet ...

-- monique

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> TJ wrote:
> >
> > I wish all the ladies were bricks in a pile...........And I was a mason.......I'd lay em all in
> > style.
> >
> > I wish all the Ladies were bells in a tower.........And I was a bell boy......Yeah I'd bang em
> > by the hour..
> >
> > I wish all the Ladies were holes in the Road.......And I was a dumptruck.......I'd fill em with
> > my load.
> >
> > It goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on...........etc.
> >
> > TJ
> >
> > In the days before tailhook.
> >

> Ugh.
>
> I guess these technically wouldn't be "profanity" (or would they?), but if you're trying to
> impress the ladies, these might not be your best bet
>
> -- monique

These did nothing to impress the ladies. If they even heard them. These were cadences mostly used
around NAB Coronado. There were not many ladies around. None on our side of the base.

TJ

TJ wrote:

> These did nothing to impress the ladies. If they even heard them. These were cadences mostly used
> around NAB Coronado. There were not many ladies around. None on our side of the base.
>
> TJ

Yeah, I figured that. I was commenting on their appropriateness for mountain biking, which I think
was the OP's intent.

The machismo culture that spawns such chants has always alternately fascinated and revolted me.
Fascinated, in that the men involved often as not seem to have no deep-seated misogynism to go with
the verbiage. Revolted, in that I can't seem to understand how such things (and granted, this
particular case is pretty minor) *aren't* an indicator of misogynism.

Sorry ... I think I'm not actually responding to you, but to a conversation I had yesterday ... I
understand the concept of pornography and even think it's pretty neat. What I don't understand is
why it inevitably seems to use the term "****." My fiance says it's because

term "****" is inherently negative ... on the other hand, it just occurs

receptive woman?

Erm, I could go on, but this is about as off-topic as it gets. Apologies for even bringing it up,
and even more apologies for posting it even though I'm sure no good will come of it.

-- monique

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> TJ wrote:
> >
> > I wish all the ladies were bricks in a pile...........And I was a mason.......I'd lay em all in
> > style.
> >
> > I wish all the Ladies were bells in a tower.........And I was a bell boy......Yeah I'd bang em
> > by the hour..
> >
> > I wish all the Ladies were holes in the Road.......And I was a dumptruck.......I'd fill em with
> > my load.
> >
> > It goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on...........etc.
> >
> > TJ
> >
> > In the days before tailhook.
> >

> Ugh.
>
> I guess these technically wouldn't be "profanity" (or would they?), but if you're trying to
> impress the ladies, these might not be your best bet ...

A bunch of sweaty military men running in a formation are not about trying to impress the ladies.
It's becoming more and more obvious that you are from Planet Boulder.

JD

JD wrote:

> A bunch of sweaty military men running in a formation are not about trying to impress the ladies.
> It's becoming more and more obvious that you are from Planet Boulder.
>
> JD

I'll take that as a compliment, since I moved to Colorado less than a year ago.

The OP asked for non-profane cadences his group can use for mountain biking. My comment is perfectly
appropriate -- for the topic and for mountain biking. That's the name of the newsgroup, right?

-- monique

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> JD wrote:
> >
> > A bunch of sweaty military men running in a formation are not about trying to impress the
> > ladies. It's becoming more and more obvious that you are from Planet Boulder.
> >
> > JD
>
> I'll take that as a compliment, since I moved to Colorado less than a year ago.
>
> The OP asked for non-profane cadences his group can use for mountain biking. My comment is
> perfectly appropriate -- for the topic and for mountain biking. That's the name of the
> newsgroup, right?
>
> -- monique

I think the group should take a vote, and have a "take no prisioners" for equally offensive calls
for both men and women. Then no one can complain.

Anyway, I thought Clyde wanted them for his police training,,, did I miss something?

penny

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> JD wrote:
> >
> > A bunch of sweaty military men running in a formation are not about trying to impress the
> > ladies. It's becoming more and more obvious that you are from Planet Boulder.
> >
> > JD
>
> I'll take that as a compliment, since I moved to Colorado less than a year ago.

From what planet? BTW, Boulder is the joke of the state in case you haven't figured that out yet.

> The OP asked for non-profane cadences his group can use for mountain biking. My comment is
> perfectly appropriate -- for the topic and for mountain biking. That's the name of the
> newsgroup, right?

How about I give you $1 to buy a clue?

JD

here is one that a friend of mine wrote for a our platoon on my basic training course

Up in the mornign with the rising sun

Gonna run all day til the run is done

Push-ups ans sit-ups are my best friend

Its the only way we'll make it to the end

I don't need to go to Heaven

All I need is my C7

We don't this for a personal score

Canada's who we're working for.

yes, i know its canadian but that was not in the specs for this...FYI, the C7 is the Canadian
version of the M16

mark

"Mark Hainsworth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> here is one that a friend of mine wrote for a our platoon on my basic training course
>
> Up in the mornign with the rising sun
>
> Gonna run all day til the run is done
>
> Push-ups ans sit-ups are my best friend
>
> Its the only way we'll make it to the end
>
> I don't need to go to Heaven
>
> All I need is my C7
>
> We don't this for a personal score
>
> Canada's who we're working for.
>
> yes, i know its canadian but that was not in the specs for this...FYI, the C7 is the Canadian
> version of the M16
>
> mark

To me a C-7 is the venerable Caribou aircraft. I fell out of a couple of those back in the early
80's before the US sold them all to Spain (except for nthe Golden Knights birds). As far as sidearms
go, the GAU-5A was hard to find a rhyme for.

JDXCCT

In article <[email protected]>, Penny wrote:

> Finally someone else to go off on psycho-social-feminist rantings every now and then, besides me.
>
> penny

Thanks, um, I think ...

*grin*

--
monique

In article <[email protected]>, Penny wrote:
> Motivationaljust watch your quoting... I don't see mention of using them for mountain biking, do
> you? If you haven't been following, Clyde is at a police acadamy right now.>

There's the problem with being new to the group ... I didn't realize that Clyde was at police
academy, and therefore assumed that it was mountain-bike related. A mbing cadence seemed weird, but
to each his own ...

Okay, well, I retract my statements about mountain biking appropriateness, and recognize that there
may or may not be women around at said academy, and further recognize that the people in question
may or may not give a rat's ass about offending them. That being said, he did still ask for
non-profane, and I suspect profane is in the eye of the beholder for JD's suggestions =) (And was it
JD himself who mentioned tailhook, which would seem to put a damper on these sorts of cadences
regardless of the environment?)

To be honest, though, in retrospect, I see that JD was in all likelihood just sharing some fond
memories of his own experiences, and I didn't mean to **** in his Wheaties. Just hit a sore
spot for me.

--
monique

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:04:43 -0000, "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Penny wrote:
>> Motivationaljust watch your quoting... I don't see mention of using
them for
>> mountain biking, do you? If you haven't been following, Clyde is
at a
>> police acadamy right now.>
>>

>There's the problem with being new to the group ... I didn't realize that Clyde was at police
>academy, and therefore assumed that it was mountain-bike related. A mbing cadence seemed weird, but
>to each his own ...
>
>Okay, well, I retract my statements about mountain biking appropriateness, and recognize that there
>may or may not be women
around
>at said academy, and further recognize that the people in question
may
>or may not give a rat's ass about offending them. That being said,
he
>did still ask for non-profane, and I suspect profane is in the eye of the beholder for JD's
>suggestions =) (And was it JD himself who mentioned tailhook, which would seem to put a damper on
>these sorts
of
>cadences regardless of the environment?)
>
>To be honest, though, in retrospect, I see that JD was in all
likelihood
>just sharing some fond memories of his own experiences, and I didn't mean to **** in his Wheaties.
>Just hit a sore spot for me.

Ok, being new to the group and not following usenet rule #1 (lurk a while for your own safety)
explains the lack of understanding about Clyde's request.

What explains you attributing things to JD that he never wrote?