Military folks?

Penny wrote:

> "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>JD wrote:
>>
>>>A bunch of sweaty military men running in a formation are not about trying to impress the ladies.
>>>It's becoming more and more obvious that you are from Planet Boulder.
>>>
>>>JD
>>
>>I'll take that as a compliment, since I moved to Colorado less than a year ago.
>>
>>The OP asked for non-profane cadences his group can use for mountain biking.

No I didn't, but I can see how someone walking into the middle o the thread might think that

>> My comment is perfectly appropriate -- for the topic and for mountain biking. That's the name of
>> the newsgroup, right?

That never stooped us before!

> Anyway, I thought Clyde wanted them for his police training,,, did I miss something?

Nope you are right on there Penny... Coulda used some cooling calypso music today, 3 miles in the
blazing Memphis heat and humidity... they predicted the "heat index" was 112°F <shazam!

Penny wrote:

> Finally someone else to go off on psycho-social-feminist rantings every now and then, besides me.

Hey, don't you have some cooking or cleaning or sewing to do !?!?!?!

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Penny wrote:
> > Motivationaljust watch your quoting... I don't see mention of using them
for
> > mountain biking, do you? If you haven't been following, Clyde is at a police acadamy right now.>
> >

> There's the problem with being new to the group ... I didn't realize that Clyde was at police
> academy, and therefore assumed that it was mountain-bike related. A mbing cadence seemed weird,
> but to each his own ...

you aren't that new. ;-) You are supposed to keep up on this stuff. Test on Friday.

Penny

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> Okay, well, I retract my statements about mountain biking appropriateness, and recognize that
> there may or may not be women around at said academy,

There are several qualified female recruits in my class

"Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Penny wrote:
>
> > "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>I'll take that as a compliment, since I moved to Colorado less than a year ago.
> >>
> >>The OP asked for non-profane cadences his group can use for mountain biking.
>
> No I didn't, but I can see how someone walking into the middle o the thread might think that
>
> >> My comment is perfectly appropriate -- for the topic and for mountain biking. That's the name
> >> of the newsgroup, right?
>
> That never stooped us before!
>

> > Anyway, I thought Clyde wanted them for his police training,,, did I
miss
> > something?
>
> Nope you are right on there Penny... Coulda used some cooling calypso music today, 3 miles in the
> blazing Memphis heat and humidity... they predicted the "heat index" was 112°F <shazam!>

heh heh, right again.... ;-)

In article <[email protected]>, Clyde_in_TN wrote:

>>>The OP asked for non-profane cadences his group can use for mountain biking.
>
> No I didn't, but I can see how someone walking into the middle o the thread might think that
>
>>> My comment is perfectly appropriate -- for the topic and for mountain biking. That's the name of
>>> the newsgroup, right?
>
> That never stooped us before!
>

>> Anyway, I thought Clyde wanted them for his police training,,, did I miss something?
>
> Nope you are right on there Penny... Coulda used some cooling calypso music today, 3 miles in the
> blazing Memphis heat and humidity... they predicted the "heat index" was 112°F <shazam!>

Clyde, please let me apologize for accidentally dragging your post through a flamewar. Wasn't my
intention. Hope you are kicking ass at the academy.

--
monique

In article <[email protected]>, P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

> Ok, being new to the group and not following usenet rule #1 (lurk a while for your own safety)
> explains the lack of understanding about Clyde's request.

There's a difference between sensible lurking and reading every post. I fully plead guilty to not
reading every post. I don't do that on any of the boards or newsgroups I visit.

> What explains you attributing things to JD that he never wrote?

If you mean the tailhook bit, I'll quote from a previous post:

<quote> I wish all the ladies were bricks in a pile...........And I was a mason.......I'd lay em
all in style.

I wish all the Ladies were bells in a tower.........And I was a bell boy......Yeah I'd bang em by
the hour..

I wish all the Ladies were holes in the Road.......And I was a dumptruck.......I'd fill em
with my load.

It goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on...........etc.

TJ

In the days before tailhook. </quote>

If you mean anything else, please elucidate and I'll try to explain, if you really care.

Nothing I've posted thus far was meant to offend, and if it has, I'm sorry.
--
monique

"Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Penny wrote:
>
> > Finally someone else to go off on psycho-social-feminist rantings every
now
> > and then, besides me.
>
> Hey, don't you have some cooking or cleaning or sewing to do !?!?!?!

baked Salmon filet with garlic, olive and dill, salad and ziti tossed with parmesean cheese. I may
whip up a peach pie too, been craving one of those.

Penny

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Clyde, please let me apologize for accidentally dragging your post through a flamewar. Wasn't my
> intention. Hope you are kicking ass at the academy.
>
> --
> monique

He's a big boy, he can handle it.

P.

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 00:28:15 -0000, "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> What explains you attributing things to JD that he never wrote?
>
>If you mean the tailhook bit, I'll quote from a previous post:
>
><quote> I wish all the ladies were bricks in a pile...........And I was a mason.......I'd lay em
>all in style.
>
>I wish all the Ladies were bells in a tower.........And I was a bell boy......Yeah I'd bang em by
>the hour..
>
>I wish all the Ladies were holes in the Road.......And I was a dumptruck.......I'd fill em
>with my load.
>
>It goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on...........etc.
>
>TJ
>
>In the days before tailhook. </quote>
>
>If you mean anything else, please elucidate and I'll try to explain,
if
>you really care.

Try again.

Your quote doesn't even come close to answering my question.

"Penny" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Clyde_in_TN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > Anyway, I thought Clyde wanted them for his police training,,, did I
> miss
> > > something?
> >
> > Nope you are right on there Penny... Coulda used some cooling calypso music today, 3 miles in
> > the blazing Memphis heat and humidity... they predicted the "heat index" was 112°F <shazam!>
> >

> heh heh, right again.... ;-)

Second time this summer, right?

Bill "anyone wants me I'll be crouching under the desk" S.

PS: And Monique, this hardly qualifies as a flamewar. *WAY* too polite :)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:19:03 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> penned:

> Try again.
>
> Your quote doesn't even come close to answering my question.

Well, then, I guess we're at an impasse, because I can't figure out the point to which you're
referring, and you don't seem to be interested in enlightening me. While playing 20 questions with
you would no doubt entertain us both to no end, I think we can both find better things to do, and I
suspect that no one else really cares.

--
monique

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:28:48 -0000, "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:19:03 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n
<[email protected]> penned:

>> Try again.
>>
>> Your quote doesn't even come close to answering my question.
>
>Well, then, I guess we're at an impasse, because I can't figure out
the
>point to which you're referring, and you don't seem to be interested
in
>enlightening me. While playing 20 questions with you would no doubt entertain us both to no end, I
>think we can both find better things
>do, and I suspect that no one else really cares.

TJ is not JD and JD is not TJ.

Simple, huh?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:32:11 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> penned:

> TJ is not JD and JD is not TJ.
>
> Simple, huh?

Yes, thank you.

--
monique

Clyde_in_TN wrote:

> > No I didn't, but I can see how someone walking into the middle o the thread might think that

> > That never stooped us before!
> >

> >> Anyway, I thought Clyde wanted them for his police training,,, did I
miss
> >> something?
> >
> > Nope you are right on there Penny... Coulda used some cooling calypso music today, 3 miles in
> > the blazing Memphis heat and humidity... they predicted the "heat index" was 112°F <shazam!>
> >

> Clyde, please let me apologize for accidentally dragging your post through a flamewar. Wasn't my
> intention. Hope you are kicking ass at the academy.
>
> --
> monique
This wasn't really a flame war. It is just a lot of unsolicited comments. But hey.....It's a
newsgroup. Welcome to my Island.........Tatoo...Show the guests to their quarters.

TJ

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> TJ wrote:
> >
> > These did nothing to impress the ladies. If they even heard them. These were cadences mostly
> > used around NAB Coronado. There were not many ladies around. None on our side of the base.
> >
> > TJ
> >

> Yeah, I figured that. I was commenting on their appropriateness for mountain biking, which I think
> was the OP's intent.
>
> The machismo culture that spawns such chants has always alternately fascinated and revolted me.
> Fascinated, in that the men involved often as not seem to have no deep-seated misogynism to go
> with the verbiage. Revolted, in that I can't seem to understand how such things (and granted, this
> particular case is pretty minor) *aren't* an indicator of misogynism.
>
> Sorry ... I think I'm not actually responding to you, but to a conversation I had yesterday ... I
> understand the concept of pornography and even think it's pretty neat. What I don't understand is
> why it inevitably seems to use the term "****." My fiance says ...

<snip>

So how is Travis these days?

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:32:11 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> penned:
> >
> > TJ is not JD and JD is not TJ.
> >
> > Simple, huh?
>
> Yes, thank you.

Whew! I thought I was going to have to offer another dollar to buy you that clue.

JD

No ass kicking allowed until we get into officer survival @ the range

Penny wrote:

> baked Salmon filet with garlic, olive and dill, salad and ziti tossed with parmesean cheese. I may
> whip up a peach pie too, been craving one of those.

Dam you!

--
John G....... looking at his bowl of oatmeal

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:00:30 -0600, "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>JD wrote:
>>
>> A bunch of sweaty military men running in a formation are not about trying to impress the ladies.
>> It's becoming more and more obvious that you are from Planet Boulder.
>>
>> JD
>
>I'll take that as a compliment, since I moved to Colorado less than a year ago.
>
>The OP asked for non-profane cadences his group can use for mountain biking. My comment is
>perfectly appropriate -- for the topic and for mountain biking. That's the name of the
>newsgroup, right?
>
>-- monique

You ain't from around here are you?