Milk, GI and Insulin Response

Jg

Guest
Can anybody tell me why Milk has a low Glycaemic index but produces a *high* Inuslin response?

-Thanks

No I don´t know the reason why milk reacts in this way. Why doesn´t exist something like an Insulin
index? Or is milk a rare exception.

"JG" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

JG wrote:

> Can anybody tell me why Milk has a low Glycaemic index but produces a *high* Inuslin response?

This is from "The New Glucose Revolution" - Chapter 4, the most frequently asked questions -
answered p. 56:

"I've read that dairy products cause an increase in insulin secretion. There GI value is around 30-
50 but their insulin index is three times higher.

Scientist don't the reason why dairy products do this. Our guess is that milk proteins are
'insulinogenic' because they are meant to stimulate growth of young mammals. Insulin is an anabolic
hormone designed to drive nutrients in to cells ..."

Frank