Millar admits EPO Use

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BD0161B8.371D4%[email protected]>...

> I predict that Migraine withdraws funding from the team at
> the end of the season ... no more Cofidis.

Why do you think they call him Migraine? Actually, I saw a
report on French TV, and it seem that the Cofidis company is
doing better than ever, financially.

> Thing is with Millar ... I would have thought that he'd be
> racing clean this year for sure (if not in years past) due
> to l'affaire Cofidis, especially, as shitty as he's been
> doing ....

The Equipe article also wonders why Millar would be leaving
empty vials of EPO when he and his team are under
investigation by the French police. Reminds me of the old
propaganda question: "Why do you think they call it dope?"

-ilan

> And IIRC, he never tested positive. This beautiful sport
> is being destroyed from within.

funny... naive little boy aren't you?

On 6/25/04 2:48 AM, in article [email protected],
"Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V4/L0/S18/E6083/sport-
> _Lng0_Spo18_Evt6083_S to605927.shtml
>
> David Millar, who was released Thursday after 48 hours of
> questioning, admitted to police that he used EPO,
> according to French newspaper l'Equipe. According to the
> newspaper, several empty vials of the banned drug were
> found at his home

What sort of dumbass leaves empty vials laying around for
someone to find?!?!?!? I throw mine out immediately......

> in the French Atlantic resort town of Biarritz.
>

> Regards! Stephen

I hate to admit you are absolutely right.

We're a pretty divided group here on rbr. So many people
have been giving the majority of the peloton the benefit of
doubt. And so many people think a good chunk of them are
just plain dirty.

But over the past 5 years, the peloton itself has been
imploding (albeit slowly). One by one, they drop and get
caught. Who'd have thunk the French could be so aggresive in
their quest to bust dopers?

Most of the pro peloton believe they are morally entitled to
dope, since (sic) no one but them understands how difficult
professional cycling is, and how much pressure they are
under to deliver results. Amongst themselves, they say "poor
us!" and help each other find the stuff they need and get
the medical advice to go with it.

Team owners look the other way, so long as results are
delivered, but they occaisionally boot the obvious
morons who have been foolish in hiding their tracks. The
UCI has convinced the mainstream media that they are
tough anti-dope regulators, so they are off the hook as
well. But we all know that only the morons will pass a
UCI dope test. Actually, the ones who get caught via UCI
controls are probably the odd lot of people with
naturally high crit levels.

The only way to solve this thing is to legalize it, (at
least eliminate the UCI penalties), but on the flip side,
test them all season long, randomly, and publish all the
results often. We need to make "racing clean" a matter of
peer pressure.

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<hrT-
[email protected]>...
> "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V4/L0/S18/E6083/spor-
> t_Lng0_Spo18_Evt6083_Sto605927.shtml
> >
> > David Millar, who was released Thursday after 48 hours
> > of questioning, admitted to police that he used EPO,
> > according to French newspaper l'Equipe. According to the
> > newspaper, several empty vials of the banned drug were
> > found at his home in the French Atlantic resort town of
> > Biarritz.
> >

> > Regards! Stephen
>
> And IIRC, he never tested positive. This beautiful sport
> is being destroyed from within.

"Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message
news:<BD0161B8.371D4%[email protected]>...

> > I predict that Migraine withdraws funding from the team
> > at the end of
the
> > season ... no more Cofidis.
>
> Why do you think they call him Migraine? Actually, I saw a
> report on
French
> TV, and it seem that the Cofidis company is doing better
> than ever,
financially.

> > Thing is with Millar ... I would have thought that he'd
> > be racing clean
this
> > year for sure (if not in years past) due to l'affaire
> > Cofidis,
especially,
> > as shitty as he's been doing ....
>
> The Equipe article also wonders why Millar would be
> leaving empty vials of EPO when he and his team are under
> investigation by the French police. Reminds me of the old
> propaganda question: "Why do you think they call it
dope?"

> -ilan

Prisons are full of such people. In this case consider,
Millar went out to dinner not expecting to not return home
and have his apartment searched while away. One of his
managers said they were surprised that he wasn't questioned
months ago. It is not unusual for searches to be timed so as
to lull the suspect into a false sense of security. I'll bet
a lot of other riders junk went down the toilet within the
past 24 hours.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...
> Jeff Jones wrote:
> > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> I think I might have translated it as either "may have
> >> admitted" or "might have admitted." Thus, my
> >> translation would have been:
> >>
> > The first sentence of the <i>l'Equipe</i article puts it
> > in :no-nonsense: simple past tense. "David Millar a
> > reconnu s'etre dope, hier...."
>
> Yeah. In French papers, the future conditional
> circumlocution thing probably means something like
> "allegedly," which is what you had in cyclingnews.com. In
> the US, the newspapers would probably have written
> something like, "on condition of anonymity, a source close
> to the investigation reported that Millar admitted to
> having used EPO."

Translating, idiom for idiom, to get the meaning, use : "
... is said to have ... " a typical journalism dodge,
similar to "allegedly". Direct babel-ing is like babbling.
--
Bonne route,

Sandy Paris FR

> "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V4/L0/S18/E6083/sport_L-
ng0_Spo18_Evt6083_Sto605927.shtml

> > David Millar, who was released Thursday after 48 hours
> > of questioning, admitted to police that he used EPO,
> > according to French newspaper l'Equipe. According to the
> > newspaper, several empty vials of the banned drug were
> > found at his home in the French Atlantic resort town of
> > Biarritz.
> >

> > Regards! Stephen
>
> And IIRC, he never tested positive. This beautiful sport
> is being
destroyed
> from within.

All I can say is they must have some BRUTAL intterogation
tactics over there for all these guys to cop to using
without ever testing positive.

Dave

kaiser wrote:
> I hate to admit you are absolutely right.
>
> We're a pretty divided group here on rbr. So many people
> have been giving the majority of the peloton the benefit
> of doubt. And so many people think a good chunk of them
> are just plain dirty.

And many more of us simply don't care. The racing's
still good.

kaiser wrote:

> Team owners look the other way, so long as results are
> delivered, but they occaisionally boot the obvious morons
> who have been foolish in hiding their tracks.

Exactly. Mark French should have disposed of his own
sharps bottle.

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> kaiser wrote:
> > I hate to admit you are absolutely right.
> >
> > We're a pretty divided group here on rbr. So many people
> > have been giving the majority of the peloton the benefit
> > of doubt. And so many people think a good chunk of them
> > are just plain dirty.
> >
> And many more of us simply don't care. The racing's
> still good.

I could be better (more interesting) without drugs and
radios.

Dave H wrote:

> All I can say is they must have some BRUTAL intterogation
> tactics over there for all these guys to cop to using
> without ever testing positive.

ahh meester meellar, nous avons les moyens de vous faire
parler, ahhh des jolis dents, mais what 'af we 'ere une
petite carie, tsk tsk tsk, ca fait mal?

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Steve McGinty wrote:
> > >
> http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V4/L0/S18/E6083/spor-
> t_Lng0_Spo18_Evt6083_Sto605927.shtml
> > >
> > > David Millar, who was released Thursday after 48 hours
> > > of questioning, admitted to police that he used EPO,
> > > according to French newspaper l'Equipe. According to
> > > the newspaper, several empty vials of the banned drug
> > > were found at his home in the French Atlantic resort
> > > town

> > > of Biarritz.
> > >

> > > Regards! Stephen
> >

> > Guess Gaumont was telling the truth, after David called
> > him "a comlete nutter" and a manipulator. Hope David
> > saved up some of his earnings, he'll need something to
> > live on during his suspension.
> >

> This is the end of the road for Confidis; surely now they
> will be thrown out of the tour?
>
> Also a sad day for a dear friend of mine, a lady called
> June, who used to coach David when he was young. She has
> utmost faith in him, he gave her his first yellow Jersey
> signed to 'Auntie June'.
>
> Are we heading for another 98 tour? The timings are
> dreadful for the sport, and will lead to media
> scandalisation of the whole sport. If you have some paint
> and no brain then head for the route now to start painting
> those syringes on the road!
>
> As for me, well even I am beginning to question Lance
> Armstrong. This whole affair will give the LA book even
> more credibility.
>
> Simon

I couldn't say with any conviction whether I believe Lance
was clean before his bout with cancer, but as a fellow
survivor I'd be pretty shocked if he put anything into his
body after and experience like that. Anyone who hasn't
walked those same miles has zero credibility in my book.
Maybe those who doubt him during his tour reign need a chemo
treatment or a few weeks of radiation therapy to shead some
light. You escape with your life and you become pretty
particular about what you put into your body afterwards.
Since I've been the treatment and survivor route I can only
faintly remember how reckless and invincible I felt before.
The saddest part of reading "It's Not About The Bike" is
knowing where he's going as he describes for the first visit
with a doctor.

David has always struck me as the young 'Master of the
World' type, particularly after that row and sacking of a
team manager last year, after the chain dropped. I rather
suspected the equipment was really David's choice, but after
he blew his top and spouted all those things about crappy
parts and riders not getting full support and the subsequent
sacking of the manager, he seemed to reverse himself, as if
not realizing until it was too late that he just cost an
innocent man his job, perhaps wrongly.

HandyAndy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> This is the last thing the sport needs now!Just days
> before the TDF as well!Now cofidis is going to be a
> headless chicken in the race, unless the tour officials
> stop them from riding.Have to agree that I think this is
> the end for Cofidis.Millar has a lot to answer for!This
> wasnt some domestique but a world champion!

Sassone was also a Cofidis world champion.

-ilan

"Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I couldn't say with any conviction whether I believe
Lance was clean
> before his bout with cancer, but as a fellow survivor I'd
> be pretty shocked if he put anything into his body after
> and experience like that. Anyone who hasn't walked those
> same miles has zero credibility in my book. Maybe those
> who doubt him during his tour reign need a chemo treatment
> or a few weeks of radiation therapy to shead some light.
> You escape with your life and you become pretty particular
> about what you put into your body afterwards. Since I've
> been the treatment and survivor route I can only faintly
> remember how reckless and invincible I felt before. The
> saddest part of reading "It's Not About The Bike" is
> knowing where he's going as he describes for the first
> visit with a doctor.

Your logic is non-existent.

> David has always struck me as the young 'Master of the
> World' type, particularly after that row and sacking of a
> team manager last year, after the chain dropped. I rather
> suspected the equipment was really David's choice, but
> after he blew his top and spouted all those things about
> crappy parts and riders not getting full support and the
> subsequent sacking of the manager, he seemed to reverse
> himself, as if not realizing until it was too late that he
> just cost an innocent man his job, perhaps wrongly.

Your application for a residency in psychiatry has gone un-
matched. However, there is an openeing for you in podiatric
dermatology.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I couldn't say with any conviction whether I believe
> Lance was clean
>
>>before his bout with cancer, but as a fellow survivor I'd
>>be pretty shocked if he put anything into his body after
>>and experience like that. Anyone who hasn't walked those
>>same miles has zero credibility in my book. Maybe those
>>who doubt him during his tour reign need a chemo treatment
>>or a few weeks of radiation therapy to shead some light.
>>You escape with your life and you become pretty particular
>>about what you put into your body afterwards. Since I've
>>been the treatment and survivor route I can only faintly
>>remember how reckless and invincible I felt before. The
>>saddest part of reading "It's Not About The Bike" is
>>knowing where he's going as he describes for the first
>>visit with a doctor.
>

> Your logic is non-existent.

Coming from you that is indeed high praise. Thank you.

>>David has always struck me as the young 'Master of the
>>World' type, particularly after that row and sacking of a
>>team manager last year, after the chain dropped. I rather
>>suspected the equipment was really David's choice, but
>>after he blew his top and spouted all those things about
>>crappy parts and riders not getting full support and the
>>subsequent sacking of the manager, he seemed to reverse
>>himself, as if not realizing until it was too late that he
>>just cost an innocent man his job, perhaps wrongly.
>

> Your application for a residency in psychiatry has gone
> un-matched. However, there is an openeing for you in
> podiatric dermatology.

I am unworthy! I am unworthy!

"B. Lafferty" wrote ...

> I could be better (more interesting) without drugs
> and radios.

That's debateable.

"Dave H" wrote...

> All I can say is they must have some BRUTAL intterogation
> tactics over
there
> for all these guys to cop to using without ever testing
> positive.

After 48 (presumably virtually straight) hours of
questioning...?

"kaiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Team owners look the other way, so long as results are
> delivered, but they occaisionally boot the obvious
> morons who have been foolish in hiding their tracks. The
> UCI has convinced the mainstream media that they are
> tough anti-dope regulators, so they are off the hook as
> well. But we all know that only the morons will pass a
> UCI dope test. Actually, the ones who get caught via UCI
> controls are probably the odd lot of people with
> naturally high crit levels.
>
> The only way to solve this thing is to legalize it, (at
> least eliminate the UCI penalties), but on the flip side,
> test them all season long, randomly, and publish all the
> results often. We need to make "racing clean" a matter of
> peer pressure.

Millar had never tested positive. Would you want them
to be tested every day? How expensive do you think that
would get?

news:<[email protected]>.-
..
> > "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote
> > in message
> > news:[email protected]...

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V4/L0/S18/E6083/sport_L-
ng0_Spo18_Evt6083_Sto605927.shtml

> > > David Millar, who was released Thursday after 48 hours
> > > of questioning, admitted to police that he used EPO,
> > > according to French newspaper l'Equipe. According to
> > > the newspaper, several empty vials of the banned drug
> > > were found at his home in the French Atlantic resort
> > > town of Biarritz.
> > >

> > > Regards! Stephen
> >
> > And IIRC, he never tested positive. This beautiful sport
> > is being
destroyed
> > from within.

In article <TO%[email protected]>,
"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2k3f3fF17mukiU1@uni-
> berlin.de...
> > kaiser wrote:
> > > I hate to admit you are absolutely right.
> > >
> > > We're a pretty divided group here on rbr. So many
> > > people have been giving the majority of the peloton
> > > the benefit of doubt. And so many people think a good
> > > chunk of them are just plain dirty.
> > >
> > And many more of us simply don't care. The racing's
> > still good.
>
> I could be better (more interesting) without drugs
> and radios.

Hmm, that sounds like something Limbaugh would say...

--
tanx, Howard

"The fickleness of fame and fortune's
caprice Together changed the life of Mason
Reese" Alice Donut

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
Richard Adams <[email protected]> wrote:

> Steve McGinty wrote:
> > http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V4/L0/S18/E6083/spo-
> > rt_Lng0_Spo18_Evt6083 _Sto605927.shtml
> >
> > David Millar, who was released Thursday after 48 hours
> > of questioning, admitted to police that he used EPO,
> > according to French newspaper l'Equipe. According to the
> > newspaper, several empty vials of the banned drug were
> > found at his home in the French Atlantic resort town of
> > Biarritz.
> >

> > Regards! Stephen
>

> Guess Gaumont was telling the truth, after David called
> him "a comlete nutter" and a manipulator. Hope David saved
> up some of his earnings, he'll need something to live on
> during his suspension.

Well, if all this is indeed true (the Millar/EPO
charges), then it certainly puts his recent refusal to be
interviewed by Paul Kimmage in a somewhat different
light. I also wonder if the UCI will ask him to surrender
his World Championship title (like Jerome Chiotti
voluntarily did after admitting EPO use after winning the
'96 Mtb cross country title). I will be super surprised
to see Cofidis continue as sponsor after this (even if
they are making more money now than before). I'm still a
little surprised that Millar wasn't smart enough to hide
his works somewhere else, after all the trouble the team
had earlier this year due to Gaumont. How do you say
"dumbass" in French?