Millar admits EPO Use

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:21:07 GMT, B. Lafferty wrote:

> It could be better (more interesting) without drugs
> and radios.

And without so many gears. And with lower pressure tires.
And with heavier frames. And ....

I mean, if you're going to use drugs as an excuse to turn
back time, why stop with radios?

Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well, if all this is indeed true (the Millar/EPO
> charges), then it certainly puts his recent refusal to
> be interviewed by Paul Kimmage in a somewhat different
> light. I also wonder if the UCI will ask him to
> surrender his World Championship title (like Jerome
> Chiotti voluntarily did after admitting EPO use after
> winning the '96 Mtb cross country title). I will be
> super surprised to see Cofidis continue as sponsor
> after this (even if they are making more money now than
> before). I'm still a little surprised that Millar
> wasn't smart enough to hide his works somewhere else,
> after all the trouble the team had earlier this year
> due to Gaumont. How do you say "dumbass" in French?

"Alexandre" (with apologies to Stewart Fleming)

You mentioned elsewhere that he was almost as much of a
headcase as VDB. Millar does have more wins in recent years,
but it seems they share the need to flirt with self-
destruction in a "catch me if you can" sense.

In article <40dcf592$1@darkstar>, Benjamin Weiner <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Well, if all this is indeed true (the Millar/EPO
> > charges), then it certainly puts his recent refusal
> > to be interviewed by Paul Kimmage in a somewhat
> > different light. I also wonder if the UCI will ask
> > him to surrender his World Championship title (like
> > Jerome Chiotti voluntarily did after admitting EPO
> > use after winning the '96 Mtb cross country title). I
> > will be super surprised to see Cofidis continue as
> > sponsor after this (even if they are making more
> > money now than before). I'm still a little surprised
> > that Millar wasn't smart enough to hide his works
> > somewhere else, after all the trouble the team had
> > earlier this year due to Gaumont. How do you say
> > "dumbass" in French?
>
> "Alexandre" (with apologies to Stewart Fleming)

Doh! Thanks for that.

> You mentioned elsewhere that he was almost as much of a
> headcase as VDB. Millar does have more wins in recent
> years, but it seems they share the need to flirt with self-
> destruction in a "catch me if you can" sense.

That sure seems to be true. They both also seem to be
able to let external things convince them to screw up.
I'm thinking things like driving cars into fields by
their homes or sitting down just in front of the finish
line on a really horrendous stage (Millar in the '02
Vuelta). VDB is easily the winner in the headcase stakes,
though. Millar seems to have a bigger problem with simply
getting motivated - but a little of that might be because
of a fear of failure, so he does things that guarantee
that he won't succeed (thereby proving that he was
right). VDB seems to constantly doubt his abilities (in
spite of some of the things he says.

--
tanx, Howard

"The fickleness of fame and fortune's
caprice Together changed the life of Mason
Reese" Alice Donut

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Steve <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BD01B442.2DE1C%[email protected]>...
> On 6/25/04 2:48 AM, in article
> [email protected], "Steve
> McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V4/L0/S18/E6083/spo-
> > rt_Lng0_Spo18_Evt6083_S to605927.shtml
> >
> > David Millar, who was released Thursday after 48 hours
> > of questioning, admitted to police that he used EPO,
> > according to French newspaper l'Equipe. According to the
> > newspaper, several empty vials of the banned drug were
> > found at his home
>
> What sort of dumbass leaves empty vials laying around for
> someone to find?!?!?!? I throw mine out immediately......

Here comes the goon squad to go through your trash, then it
is off to Millar's good friends house, Armstrong.

Richard Adams wrote:

> I couldn't say with any conviction whether I believe Lance
> was clean before his bout with cancer, but as a fellow
> survivor I'd be pretty shocked if he put anything into his
> body after and experience like that. Anyone who hasn't
> walked those same miles has zero credibility in my book.
> Maybe those who doubt him during his tour reign need a
> chemo treatment or a few weeks of radiation therapy to
> shead some light.

It would at least get me used to taking drugs. I don't buy
your arguement.

Benjamin Weiner wrote:

> "Alexandre" (with apologies to Stewart Fleming)

No need to. You did good. I would have missed that one even
if I was here :)

Howard Kveck wrote:

> Well, if all this is indeed true (the Millar/EPO
> charges), then it certainly puts his recent refusal to
> be interviewed by Paul Kimmage in a somewhat different
> light. I also wonder if the UCI will ask him to
> surrender his World Championship title (like Jerome
> Chiotti voluntarily did after admitting EPO use after
> winning the '96 Mtb cross country title). I will be
> super surprised to see Cofidis continue as sponsor
> after this (even if they are making more money now than
> before). I'm still a little surprised that Millar
> wasn't smart enough to hide his works somewhere else,
> after all the trouble the team had earlier this year
> due to Gaumont. How do you say "dumbass" in French?

The timing would certainly seem to make sense (and in the
current WADA/IOC climate, that's as good circumstantial
evidence as any). If you wanted to target the prologue of
the Tour de France, when would you be taking the EPO for it
to have a) maxiumum effect and b) no trace ?

In article <NJ%[email protected]>,
Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
>
> > Well, if all this is indeed true (the Millar/EPO
> > charges), then it certainly puts his recent refusal
> > to be interviewed by Paul Kimmage in a somewhat
> > different light. I also wonder if the UCI will ask
> > him to surrender his World Championship title (like
> > Jerome Chiotti voluntarily did after admitting EPO
> > use after winning the '96 Mtb cross country title). I
> > will be super surprised to see Cofidis continue as
> > sponsor after this (even if they are making more
> > money now than before). I'm still a little surprised
> > that Millar wasn't smart enough to hide his works
> > somewhere else, after all the trouble the team had
> > earlier this year due to Gaumont. How do you say
> > "dumbass" in French?
>
> The timing would certainly seem to make sense (and in the
> current WADA/IOC climate, that's as good circumstantial
> evidence as any). If you wanted to target the prologue of
> the Tour de France, when would you be taking the EPO for
> it to have a) maxiumum effect and b) no trace ?

That's pretty much what I was thinking re: the Prologue.
But he still needs to get a copy of this book (it's an
Amazon URL): http://tinyurl.com/25kfd

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
/0873642899/qid=1088479423/sr= 1-13/ref=sr_1_13/002-0594853-
2015233?v=glance&s=books>

--
tanx, Howard

"The fickleness of fame and fortune's
caprice Together changed the life of Mason
Reese" Alice Donut

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

what a dope

Howard Kveck wrote:

> In article <NJ%[email protected]>,
> Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Howard Kveck wrote:
>>

>>> Well, if all this is indeed true (the Millar/EPO
>>> charges), then it certainly puts his recent refusal to
>>> be interviewed by Paul Kimmage in a somewhat different
>>> light. I also wonder if the UCI will ask him to
>>> surrender his World Championship title (like Jerome
>>> Chiotti voluntarily did after admitting EPO use after
>>> winning the '96 Mtb cross country title). I will be
>>> super surprised to see Cofidis continue as sponsor
>>> after this (even if they are making more money now
>>> than before). I'm still a little surprised that Millar
>>> wasn't smart enough to hide his works somewhere else,
>>> after all the trouble the team had earlier this year
>>> due to Gaumont. How do you say "dumbass" in French?
>>
>>The timing would certainly seem to make sense (and in the
>>current WADA/IOC climate, that's as good circumstantial
>>evidence as any). If you wanted to target the prologue of
>>the Tour de France, when would you be taking the EPO for
>>it to have a) maxiumum effect and b) no trace ?
>

> That's pretty much what I was thinking re: the
> Prologue. But he still needs to get a copy of this book
> (it's an Amazon URL): http://tinyurl.com/25kfd
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
> /0873642899/qid=1088479423/sr= 1-13/ref=sr_1_13/002-0594853-
> 2015233?v=glance&s=books

In article <[email protected]>,
System U <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard Kveck wrote:
>
> > In article <NJ%[email protected]>,
> > Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

> >>The timing would certainly seem to make sense (and in
> >>the current WADA/IOC climate, that's as good
> >>circumstantial evidence as any). If you wanted to target
> >>the prologue of the Tour de France, when would you be
> >>taking the EPO for it to have a) maxiumum effect and b)
> >>no trace ?
> >

> > That's pretty much what I was thinking re: the
> > Prologue. But he still needs to get a copy of this
> > book (it's an Amazon URL): http://tinyurl.com/25kfd
> >
> > <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
> > /0873642899/qid=1088479423/sr= 1-13/ref=sr_1_13/002-0594853-
> > 2015233?v=glance&s=books>

This is your best post today, System U, simply because
you said nothing. Bravo, System U!!!