Millar can climb?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Keith, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Very surprised to see David Millar doing so well on the past two stages. Currently 22nd in the GC at
    just over 6 minutes. Not sursprised to see Ullrich struggling a bit, though - overhyped and
    overrated.

    Tags:

  2. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:38:41 +0100, "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Very surprised to see David Millar doing so well on the past two stages. Currently 22nd in the GC
    >at just over 6 minutes. Not sursprised to see Ullrich struggling a bit, though - overhyped and
    >overrated.

    Hey, I'm Keith ;-)

    Seriously, I'm not very impressed by David Millar's performance in the mountains. I mean it's decent
    and better than 99.9% of the cyclists in the world could do, but it's still way too poor for a guy
    who says he'll win the TdF one day.

  3. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Ullrich plainly stated before the Tour that his plan was to get back into racing this year in order
    to give it everything next year. Since this is his 90% year it would seem that you aren't very good
    at reading hype and ratings.

    David Millar looks good for the first half. Watch him drop off of the charts in the Spanish climbs.

    "Keith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Very surprised to see David Millar doing so well on the past two
    stages.
    > Currently 22nd in the GC at just over 6 minutes. Not sursprised to
    see
    > Ullrich struggling a bit, though - overhyped and overrated.

  4. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message > David Millar looks good for the first half.
    Watch him drop off of the
    > charts in the Spanish climbs.
    Remember he lives in Biarritz, so he should know the Bayonne stage really well. Look out for a win
    on that one... All the best Dan Gregory