Millar: Cofidis redux

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davey Crockett, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. Davey was pondering the Cofidis Inquisition.

    I wonder if Millar gets ``Conduct Money'' (The Roubles given to Subpoena'd
    persons to enable them to attend the Court, Hearing, Parliamentary/Judicial
    Enquiry Etc.)

    I pondered for a while whether his expenses in attending the Hearing would
    be Tax Deductible, which would also de facto make the Conduct Money a
    Revenue, and decided that the expenses would in fact be deductible.

    Upon reflection, it isn't as clear cut as it first appears.

    http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/index.html

    --
    le Vent a Dos
    Davey Crockett

    Tags:

  2. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    There is something about the police mentality the world over that makes this
    fun for them but not the detainee. I read that they picked him up at
    dinner, not after. Maximize the embarrassment by taking him out mid-meal.

    "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]rs.com...
    > Davey was pondering the Cofidis Inquisition.
    >
    > I wonder if Millar gets ``Conduct Money'' (The Roubles given to Subpoena'd
    > persons to enable them to attend the Court, Hearing,

    Parliamentary/Judicial
    > Enquiry Etc.)
    >
    > I pondered for a while whether his expenses in attending the Hearing would
    > be Tax Deductible, which would also de facto make the Conduct Money a
    > Revenue, and decided that the expenses would in fact be deductible.
    >
    > Upon reflection, it isn't as clear cut as it first appears.
    >
    > http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/index.html
    >
    > --
    > le Vent a Dos
    > Davey Crockett
    > No e-patents, pas de brevets logiciels
    > Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org
    > Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
    > Please address all replies to the list

  3. No doubt they tried to paint this in the worst possible light.
    "Monsieur Mee-larr, we ev a WARRANT and we ev dealt weeth dan-gerous
    kreeminals manny taams. Eef you please, monsiuer to come quietly, you
    may rattle thee chens menacingly eef you lahk, as ees yoor raht."

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > There is something about the police mentality the world over that makes this
    > fun for them but not the detainee. I read that they picked him up at
    > dinner, not after. Maximize the embarrassment by taking him out mid-meal.
    >
    > "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]rs.com...
    >
    >>Davey was pondering the Cofidis Inquisition.
    >>
    >>I wonder if Millar gets ``Conduct Money'' (The Roubles given to Subpoena'd
    >>persons to enable them to attend the Court, Hearing,

    > Parliamentary/Judicial
    >
    >>Enquiry Etc.)
    >>
    >>I pondered for a while whether his expenses in attending the Hearing would
    >>be Tax Deductible, which would also de facto make the Conduct Money a
    >>Revenue, and decided that the expenses would in fact be deductible.
    >>
    >>Upon reflection, it isn't as clear cut as it first appears.
    >>
    >>http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/index.html
    >>
    >>--
    >>le Vent a Dos
    >>Davey Crockett
    >>No e-patents, pas de brevets logiciels
    >>Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org
    >>Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
    >>Please address all replies to the list

  4. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    He's apparently been brought in for questioning as a witness. They could
    have asked him to come down to the station.

    news:[email protected]