Millar: Cofidis redux

Davey Crockett

Guest
Davey was pondering the Cofidis Inquisition.

I wonder if Millar gets ``Conduct Money'' (The Roubles given to Subpoena'd
persons to enable them to attend the Court, Hearing, Parliamentary/Judicial
Enquiry Etc.)

I pondered for a while whether his expenses in attending the Hearing would
be Tax Deductible, which would also de facto make the Conduct Money a
Revenue, and decided that the expenses would in fact be deductible.

Upon reflection, it isn't as clear cut as it first appears.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/index.html

--
le Vent a Dos
Davey Crockett

There is something about the police mentality the world over that makes this
fun for them but not the detainee. I read that they picked him up at
dinner, not after. Maximize the embarrassment by taking him out mid-meal.

"Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Davey was pondering the Cofidis Inquisition.
>
> I wonder if Millar gets ``Conduct Money'' (The Roubles given to Subpoena'd
> persons to enable them to attend the Court, Hearing,

Parliamentary/Judicial
> Enquiry Etc.)
>
> I pondered for a while whether his expenses in attending the Hearing would
> be Tax Deductible, which would also de facto make the Conduct Money a
> Revenue, and decided that the expenses would in fact be deductible.
>
> Upon reflection, it isn't as clear cut as it first appears.
>
> http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/index.html
>
> --
> le Vent a Dos
> Davey Crockett
> No e-patents, pas de brevets logiciels
> Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org
> Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
> Please address all replies to the list

No doubt they tried to paint this in the worst possible light.
"Monsieur Mee-larr, we ev a WARRANT and we ev dealt weeth dan-gerous
kreeminals manny taams. Eef you please, monsiuer to come quietly, you
may rattle thee chens menacingly eef you lahk, as ees yoor raht."

B. Lafferty wrote:
> There is something about the police mentality the world over that makes this
> fun for them but not the detainee. I read that they picked him up at
> dinner, not after. Maximize the embarrassment by taking him out mid-meal.
>
> "Davey Crockett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>Davey was pondering the Cofidis Inquisition.
>>
>>I wonder if Millar gets ``Conduct Money'' (The Roubles given to Subpoena'd
>>persons to enable them to attend the Court, Hearing,

> Parliamentary/Judicial
>
>>Enquiry Etc.)
>>
>>I pondered for a while whether his expenses in attending the Hearing would
>>be Tax Deductible, which would also de facto make the Conduct Money a
>>Revenue, and decided that the expenses would in fact be deductible.
>>
>>Upon reflection, it isn't as clear cut as it first appears.
>>
>>http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/index.html
>>
>>--
>>le Vent a Dos
>>Davey Crockett
>>No e-patents, pas de brevets logiciels
>>Pétition contre les brevets logiciels : http://petition.eurolinux.org
>>Six-Day site: http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html
>>Please address all replies to the list

He's apparently been brought in for questioning as a witness. They could
have asked him to come down to the station.

news:[email protected]...