Millar Line: a bit of history.

Ryan Cousineau

Guest
I happened to be surfing through fairly random web pages when I found
this quote on one that had not been updated for a while:

Another season passes; and I suspect there are many people who are glad
that it is over. Certainly the events in Italy (particularly at the
Giro) have hardly been encouraging. On the other hand, a new generation
- led by the likes of David Millar (just pipped by Jan Ullrich in the
World Time Trial championship) in France, Oscar Sevilla in Spain and
Ivan Basso in Italy - has started to emerge; perhaps these are the first
"post-EPO generation"?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/veloarchive/

I have nothing to add to that. It's a perfect gem, almost too perfect to
believe.

Of course, as we all know now, only Millar among these is clean.

Share & Enjoy,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> I happened to be surfing through fairly random web pages when I found
> this quote on one that had not been updated for a while:

> Another season passes; and I suspect there are many people who are glad
> that it is over. Certainly the events in Italy (particularly at the
> Giro) have hardly been encouraging. On the other hand, a new generation
> - led by the likes of David Millar (just pipped by Jan Ullrich in the
> World Time Trial championship) in France, Oscar Sevilla in Spain and
> Ivan Basso in Italy - has started to emerge; perhaps these are the first
> "post-EPO generation"?

Well, except for Millar, he got it right: Sevilla and Basso are truly
part of the "post-EPO generation", aka "transfusion generation".

Jenko

Jenko wrote:

> Well, except for Millar, he got it right: Sevilla and Basso are truly
> part of the "post-EPO generation", aka "transfusion generation".

Extraterrestrials.