Millar threat to quit French team

news:<[email protected]>...
> "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cycling/story/0,10482,879487,00.html
>
> He isn't going to quit if he can't get work elsewhere. Millar isn't going to grab a job at this
> time of year that someone else wants.

I wish that he would quit, and save us all from his complaining. He's never proven that he could be
a great rider. Sure, flashes of brilliance here and there, but spoiled would be the word I've heard
about him. How come a lot of people always talk about his prologue win in 2000 at the Tour as an
indication of how great he could be? That's what a 5 mile or less TT? Sure, that shows how great
someone can complete a short time trial course, but doesn't show how someone can be a great stage
racer. How do "they" (whoever they are) come up with a prognostication such as that from a prologue
win? Aside from that, I lost total respect for him after he quit the Vuelta this year, even though
it was waning to begin with. Yeah, it was a tough stage riding to Angrilu, but everyone else had to
do it as well, and some didn't finish, technically he did. To honor his sponsor and his job, he
should have kept going. Sissy! He'll never be great, he doesn't have the dedication or the heart I
don't think.

Tom

Look at it this way Tom (BTW great name!): Miller is probably at least as qualified to be called a
Tour winner as Aitor Gonzales whose claim to fame is that he TT's as well as Miller.

"Tom Arsenault" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "Ken" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cycling/story/0,10482,879487,00.html
> >
> > He isn't going to quit if he can't get work elsewhere. Millar
isn't
> > going to grab a job at this time of year that someone else wants.
>
> I wish that he would quit, and save us all from his complaining. He's never proven that he
> could be a great rider. Sure, flashes of brilliance here and there, but spoiled would be the
> word I've heard about him. How come a lot of people always talk about his prologue win in 2000
> at the Tour as an indication of how great he could be? That's what a 5 mile or less TT? Sure,
> that shows how great
someone
> can complete a short time trial course, but doesn't show how
someone
> can be a great stage racer. How do "they" (whoever they are) come
up
> with a prognostication such as that from a prologue win? Aside from that, I lost total respect for
> him after he quit the Vuelta this year, even though it was waning to begin with. Yeah, it was a
tough
> stage riding to Angrilu, but everyone else had to do it as well,
and
> some didn't finish, technically he did. To honor his sponsor and
his
> job, he should have kept going. Sissy! He'll never be great, he doesn't have the dedication or the
> heart I don't think.
>
> Tom

True, true... Aitor is another talker though about the Tour, we'll see in July how well he does. I'm
not a huge Lance fan, but I think he has this one in the bag already (by the way, great name you
have there).

Tom

news:<[email protected]>...