Millar's bike throw

I could completely understand his frustration. While I don't think he would have been able to best Brutt yesterday, he still wanted to have a chance.

I would have wanted to do the same thing if suddenly, in the heat of a race, your frickin' bike malfunctions and you're out instead of losing by actually fighting it out.

hawkeye87 said:
I could completely understand his frustration. While I don't think he would have been able to best Brutt yesterday, he still wanted to have a chance.

I would have wanted to do the same thing if suddenly, in the heat of a race, your frickin' bike malfunctions and you're out instead of losing by actually fighting it out.
I don't know, other riders in the break said he was the strongest. I think he might have won, and I would have really put on a show if it were me....I think he restrained himself quite well.

As I was giving the bike a thorough wash last night, I watched the 1997 Tour, and started trying to compare Riis' bike toss in the finall TT to Millar's. Millar threw his over the barriers and down a hill, so the increased air time was nice. However, Riis' Pinarello Blade cuts through the wind on a horizontal axis just as nicely as it does vetically. Its a tie.

LewisBricktop said:
As I was giving the bike a thorough wash last night, I watched the 1997 Tour, and started trying to compare Riis' bike toss in the finall TT to Millar's. Millar threw his over the barriers and down a hill, so the increased air time was nice. However, Riis' Pinarello Blade cuts through the wind on a horizontal axis just as nicely as it does vetically. Its a tie.
Really, throwing midets is much more fun though..

I do not think it is a big deal. It happens, and everyone knows it was a broken chain, nothing to do with the frame. More media attention for the team, after all. Any news is good news...