Ming Tsai's knives

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jake, Mar 9, 2004.

  1. Jake

    Jake Guest

    Chef Ming uses a white knife on his cooking show, are
    those plastic or ceramic knives? Anyone know more about
    his cutlery?

    --
    JaKe, Seattle "Let's go out there and put a pocket on this
    thing." Al Jackson Jr

    Tags:

  2. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    "JaKe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Chef Ming uses a white knife on his cooking show, are
    > those plastic or ceramic knives? Anyone know more about
    > his cutlery?
    >
    > --
    Ceramic. Brittle things.

  3. Curt Nelson

    Curt Nelson Guest

    They're from Kyocera. I've got one and I'm underwhelmed.
    They're brittle, not terribly sharp, and only 6" long.

    After other people pretty much destroyed the edge, I sent it
    back to Kyocera to be resharpened and asked for them to make
    it sharper this time, even if it meant an even more delicate
    edge. It's better, but still not that good. Now it pretty
    much just sits in the drawer.

    I recommend a good steel knife instead. I go to cutlery.com

    Hasta, Curt Nelson