mini 12" bc wheel (with platforms)

I've done a little research, and It is definetely not 4130 Steel, while
you can easily get 4130 Aircraft Grade steel, it is hard to find it not
in a form of like 1/32 thin sheets, So unless you were really lucky,
there would have been forging involved. If you look at what 4130 Steel
Alloy looks like, it looks nothing like what you have. Also 4130 isnt
that strong, so even at 1/8 even I could bend it with my hands, and I am
no where near as strong as obie*(I think). So basically you would have
to forge like 1/2 inch thick plates for it to be that strong. Heres a
pic of the real stuff. Notice:

| Attachment filename: steel.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/243031|

Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

[image: http://pics.xs.to/pics/04063/catko.jpg]
I have the amazing power to talk to cats!=^.^=

total uni wrote:
> *theres athother catch
>

> i cut it out of a rectangular tube *

There is no catch to that, It is obviously not aircraft grade steel
alloy. It is weak and dull, and so are your lies.

--

total uni wrote:
> *theres athother catch
>

> i cut it out of a rectangular tube *

Good idea, although I now wonder how you cut it. Also, if yopu cut it
out of rectangular tube, why did you try to bend it in yopur vise?

Catboy: 4130 is one of the easiest things to find. Maybe the problem
with finding it was that you were looking for *sheet*. Thicker stuff is
called plate. I can take a 5 minute bike ride to a local metal shop and
see assortments of 4130 ranging from 1/8" tube to 1" plate.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown
out?

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful. They will stop at nothing
to hurt us and our people, and nethier will we"-Dubya
Vote Kerry. Yeah, they both suck, but Kerry sucks less.

> Good idea, although I now wonder how you cut it

Probably with a bansaw or something of the like. I did something like
that once and thats how I did it.

> than why did it mess up the drill bits

Operator error?

--
digitalattrition - Hand Signals are Key

"Ok, I think if you just pull off of that guys bumper, we'll be ok"
--Tim to ShadowUni after parallel parking.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

look at it this way...

i go down to the our airport about ever week.

i will look arownd and see if i can identify the metal.
i also have acess to plenty of 4130 and i am sertan of that.
puls i have some 1/2 4130 at the hanger i will bring it home and take
pics of it.

dont dought me on metal or dought the people i got it from

--
total uni - search of the hardest thing to ried
total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125

Why? Are you a metallurgist? Did you go to school for it? Can you
identify different metals by look (excluding bronze and copper, everyone
can identify those)?

Don't doubt you? Man, I highly doubt you. You've given us so many
stories about how you did the work and what you used, I don't even know
what to believe.

And how did you cut the metal without problems and then ruin 8 bits?

--

total uni wrote:
> *i think that a aircraft builder can be trusted *

Why? Because he builds aircraft?

Also, are you referring to yourself?

--
TheObieOne3226 - Owns you, SWAT does, mmmm

[image: http://img54.exs.cx/img54/4743/yodaweedresize.jpg]
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com

I meant how did you cut it in half to use the 90 degree angles as the
platforms.

You didn't do that with a cutoff saw unless you have a hand held one,
which you would have to have a good amount of control over to do so.

--
digitalattrition - Hand Signals are Key

"Ok, I think if you just pull off of that guys bumper, we'll be ok"
--Tim to ShadowUni after parallel parking.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

Actually wait, you probably did.

Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking correctly.

--
digitalattrition - Hand Signals are Key

"Ok, I think if you just pull off of that guys bumper, we'll be ok"
--Tim to ShadowUni after parallel parking.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT
http://singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com
digitalattrition's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6430

we cut it like this

| Attachment filename: bc platforms.bmp |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/243064|

total uni - search of the hardest thing to ried
total uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8125

Here the pic is:

| Attachment filename: cut.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/243067|