Mini Bike Pump

I've got a mini foot pump that I use.

I bought it for under £10 a while ago and it's served me well. It's not as nice looking or has a glamorous name on it but it suits me for what I need and I'm happy with it.

I'm considering purchasing a small pump to put on my bike but I'm in two minds about it.

I see

actually i'm from company that own a Brand of mini bike pump can i ask you to check it out give me some honest opnion
RoadAir
or in Bike pump
i want to know what people think of our pump

Thank you!

Susimi said:
I've got a mini foot pump that I use.

I bought it for under £10 a while ago and it's served me well. It's not as nice looking or has a glamorous name on it but it suits me for what I need and I'm happy with it.

I'm considering purchasing a small pump to put on my bike but I'm in two minds about it.
What's the difference between a foot pump and a small pump? Is my English betraying me again?
I mean, I use a foot pump as well, but I have no need to carry it around on my bike. I have a friend who's really into cycling and he does have one although he told me he never had to use it.

I bought a mini pump and installed it on my hybrid, carried it around all the time along with a spare tube. Used it once in two years I think, and that wasn't even on my bike. It's nice knowing that you have one with you, but you can't really do much other than roadside repairs. I have a normal, standalone pump as well.

That pump is such a good pump, that no other pump pumps like that pump pumps. :)

"Hello To All"

Hi there, sailor!

"I have a question,"

What a coincidence. I just so happen to have an answer!

"Do you use a mini bike pump?"

No. I use a micro bike pump.

"you ever buy one?"

That's 2 questions, but I think I still have a spare answer.

Yes.

"and if so what is the best?"

I've bought several brands. All of them are way better than the Road Air brand. Absolute junk.

Man! You're slick! That was THREE questions! You sure got me! Haha!

A few months ago I got a mini pump to carry on my panniers on my commutes, after having to walk the last 5kms to work because of a flat that I could ( and did) not know how to repair.

Reactions: BobCochran
I think carrying items such as a mini bike pump and repair kits is an individual preference. I don't carry anything like that when I ride simply because I can't be bothered carrying it and when I do ride I'm very rarely that far away from some sort of civilisation so there's no chance I'll be stuck anywhere.

If you know your going to be riding in a remote area then its always better to be prepared of course, but for other more local journeys I don't think there's any need really. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll have to walk it home or to the nearest shop or garage.

bykster said:
What's the difference between a foot pump and a small pump? Is my English betraying me again?
I mean, I use a foot pump as well, but I have no need to carry it around on my bike. I have a friend who's really into cycling and he does have one although he told me he never had to use it.
A foot pump is operated by your feet and a small pump is operated by hand.

All I have is a foot pump and as I say it does me well. I'll probably regret not having a small pump on my bike but I cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

What a **** website. I love the testimonials, they appear to be all written by the same person with pretty weak grammar.

A reverse image search shows the "users" to be stolen stock images.

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZitlbNlm3g0uXhitqRlKb1ZPimwL8ON_1RScmUm8DN7e2KTVUrRv_1bdsWiaXyyKjU_1W53NAmm7Tg2XJsdl3r5G7h3C2MBTmDlK9PXCxcJQBJsKjHyy2w62QjgFjVQTF8vC14U-nOeS7N2QDgDPvIQu0W6989qYyzPdZYBRCRdf9RB1RT7FS_1Cyp9E4sFBE8Jk9dq2231PUkMPIjRCrMSqG6yzc6Ra-TuPUdFfxA4VEpd_1B-qcn7EldFgpjnYwcspDjCd7i-bUh9vJXxEEP4VDnkeoOX6yRqhOBvpiDm1sCMOIQoHFQtiTJhyC6oSv-q8gw-dv6rXUi1qLhA1c-g77uMiPYwTL3f6FQFka0sfosNoJcMcwWREAB3LdmKiRxTrCb_1KR2kTjd2vXB98DB-KsAQusAsJCMbiCzJ-hec_1l-OGg7vfna1M-MsTPjNjZ-CxrLn1mQ_1_1P_1dXxZaE7_1JCBB-7vmethWUgLXfJFPnNIOwXj0NWWhdQXENKTHY1XcqFDLtliGQN4nSWeE4wjeCOgVzM9TkBAZa6XDi-_166Y3HCydp-OJPhY3t1lH7RZi-JKqrb6FGgM42W_1dkvPsfgxfTnHlSv5jQuikEOQgxXFxx_1BAXYKLGLMSoa3FOO1X5NHSqG1nOEUfm7x_1XmZofGry0D-ME5Yb-R0rK6IOeIVgrowY84OYqbHHl5Vq6SnwgvYOO7AFcvcaphqGvKByWxS4sm5FguH7qm5V9nSKmvQZeeQKPJnisE8stCisMxGrMX0CW5LUT8jjd9C7ft_1zNVJDb3LN-l6kxxiKmVN0cYP6BGyIFj3y-dLB_1MXDlgcRhz2VPN5L3wX9XjHYPYREDXZML-_1Xv_1X4hLTU8EAefaMJGqW0Pqng-6jyIBUy8n22od0oAftl_1qPGQtbuPEj6W5ZIxLrdwaWFCa8f7vDXyAiNT31-IKQNjgULteaCE-hmT3WUJ00Gu19K-vADcVqAKJQQy074dslT90lLKL9AR5nqiwEoneplxZwHnoxS7BM6O3pgIGCJx99SsJJo_1cYHhJ9E0K5R1FNgBpRuQhH9xvxAC1lceE3iYRPoxccGLA0ptTQTqkOR6dtVj5r_1u9Vx_1qWmP8IqtVjmpupguo5x-w90Plr5dCT4doONtGZlJ69PMGWkLgDTPrUlxYXvlJluCYeVatyFNbTlSlQ24BfDTPwqtA_1l2zKx48BbeTzy8YRPC_1x4_1aH8n4Vo2XKr7eEF8ne7pKU_1-tuoKxU5ImaiCZ2VE-rChqJXOgXEW6UjTTnwijFZ44R_1YiJ6vJvbHAq9P5jBC7uJN_1JYDpCEsckRvWsfACPLzx5vBbd8NAlwgiuCMwIeoRyxcgDSZpV7bNUMBdk1l0woUCdbgzj5zfi_1Jnd0rxF8VLNbF33w1LRycXp-_1XffdL59LMk_161fON0MYPjHNwwK8-ErzfVGPtMT8QYUwKJybdF4-9FiI1c0dDzOxjPpVTWeVVHZc2FKaNb6AssX74lx-cSDKJNiSIVDRf3Xu5jT9IiXs3-1htZB9sDP55YqxcNOYB9ixgIzYndFBp4wHgINQ7FOW-PGNDBxrQCQJvJQghdR2ZHTRwLomHjMFQmxijZW-Ab1BLswTZ4u2PS7HZoAwpf-Z8A&biw=1920&bih=1055&site=imghp&sa=X&ved=0CBkQ9Q8oAGoVChMI2OOfvLGVyQIVS6weCh0-DQ_A

https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZit1P3zpPecbt2AL5R3iStkDmMI-mbq0zYiK8McTbi9mmN_15fu55eb7phV-4Qu9FhC4jI9G9SNV_1Pt1ZwVDgX-Y2JCdZjCEKTiI8o91CphvSSPhPTLt4b5-zxJfDYL3iV5Oo9J-fMzSJCUx389eFdasvQE5TG0uCtLtaTSBxS4irnNko1T4GZcL0yPkYJoG8PRyFeOE0aSnlWr2qvUW0OtyAaOWgZX2x1n5YA3NbDKR-_172YBWzbeAYKJRVErxlcwVosXg8pM6x6EcQjqJCF_1ciRhTKqVVtq4L3Q9nKslin_1rXI0qnkwompTY6fFI23WAo1YcPotkEXsrmRxsVCWsEzD6Yq2VdFr0xOl_1NlQK4jjYSsPXh7TKw_1RMp6tp6snkBEmCcJ1E4ktQfYwgHJVna6QZmABWdEgf69hQTkjjryG5fxrlY4gBz2MAm95zWqsmJGDkg9supKnNX2xf3DrgGHV6bpySEb8MTiuEHppCZuXRAIFyV5ATHc5N3tu80V_1tteLChl27EZBwFyUd14GHHk921TKBwVgCl-gdUuFJJ_1nz8YW-Y7jDjVSYBosp5CtDAmetCtbxJ5Q8XcU6iSie5Ukqb5oTE1jj7fwSSwMbKHkKXiISbXg5s8b73U3KCn97Llm-5sSlxYdafhTlRTFOr_1b4UeTyoapVr01e6xUfJ1jnK5hN7UjmhMjtKK4rbgHwiVNyWH2cCOkZPWF_1TUrL-wvcFgzTtfYQDxxqu4ATYmBFx-gaHPRXnsRZuU_1GqoFeJaEWeHjF1u0im6zGeWVBIirzC5X1Q31uNs_1ZnG6CHJUdrYxdEJ9q6ekq1c_1lYL_1mYQiNnOiI7qW1kRP5XCoqE-229FtKRETFKGPvLuXPCejfyONbmHIOYV4oDTLkFdEsFGbehu5G1I6AkYu-bVlsT_1wYEFGkRhwReknLuY5ZtRhKsx1BKrdC4qi3FKsyWuSKh0Vw7CzGSgMs5Bb6jCXtIAIljJSjabGsvHhlHvgn1MgwHBHL5CixtzIK2uiUY-Ul45g4YzTPFFzJ1uC-dtDE_190jCqu5xi2nV6tHUt4fURnbm63cmfD_13b4tkIDB-8DJuLgFd45u_1uo6HGQccIV9ZjTIs1ned14os9UuoBjZmZ3dMPfPnvHzEI_10_1d51oduGFkrK4UjVfElmGVgWJQrT7sL1H4YVhRpR85fGdx6_1PQie6Zv5Aldb5_1VOGri0g_1Hq3Sd_1PmUd7xw_1ui9UTjWAxoj2M4kTvbPl0W9wKwhl1Neng6TAdPfVgEo9ZidvL-WW6Z_14bbdar9zqomGZMqMDkilr-IkauqfiMk6qXaNyfForYRAyDdBFd1zIV7iHGMBCaQTtmr4zjBJ9cBe3ckubYK_1sXdvLIoqSNrrSCuqx_1-FvycHX-s&biw=1920&bih=1055&site=imghp&sa=X&ved=0CBgQ9Q8oAGoVChMIiZnQw7KVyQIVj7YeCh02Twx9

Susimi said:
A foot pump is operated by your feet and a small pump is operated by hand.

All I have is a foot pump and as I say it does me well. I'll probably regret not having a small pump on my bike but I cross that bridge if and when I come to it.
Ah, in that case I'd like to recant my statement. I actually use a small pump. I thought it was called a foot pump because it was the size of a foot which now I see makes no sense. I actually carried my small pump several times with me, but they've always been use to inflate basketballs since I like shooting hoops sometimes.

maydog said:
What a **** website. I love the testimonials, they appear to be all written by the same person with pretty weak grammar.
Or more probably, not well versed at translating Mandarin to English. ;)

I know how you feel, kuroba! I did a chain cleaning and lubrication on my bike yesterday and when I put the front tire back on, the left brake caliper jammed against the rim. Quite worried, I brought the bike to my bike shop. The guy there takes the wheel off the bike, puts it back on, and the brakes magically get in the correct position in relation to each side of the wheel. I'm still a baby, still learning.

Bob

pwarbi said:
I think carrying items such as a mini bike pump and repair kits is an individual preference. I don't carry anything like that when I ride simply because I can't be bothered carrying it and when I do ride I'm very rarely that far away from some sort of civilisation so there's no chance I'll be stuck anywhere.

If you know your going to be riding in a remote area then its always better to be prepared of course, but for other more local journeys I don't think there's any need really. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll have to walk it home or to the nearest shop or garage.

Really? Strapping a mini pump onto your bike ad removing it 2 or 3 times per year is too much bothering to carry it? :eek: :lol:

YOU EVER BUY ONE?......No, I've never bought a mini pump. I stole one and liked it so much I went back tot he same shop and stole a second one for my second bike! :D

20150515_203856_zps5hwssw0o.jpg

Reactions: BobCochran
BobCochran said:
Fixing a flat on the spot and then resuming the ride is important to me.

Thanks a ton

Bob
I'm pretty sure that is the MO here! B) Who wants to start a ride then call for a ride home or walk even one mile in cycling shoes and cleats? :wacko:

Actually I liked this pump more. Strapped on to the top tube and I never even remembered it was there. It was a full size frame pump and easily hit 120 psi. B)

With the new curved style to tubes, I can't fit a long straight pump underneath, bummer!

bike.jpg

Reactions: Susimi
Mr. Beanz said:
Actually I liked this pump more. Strapped on to the top tube and I never even remembered it was there. It was a full size frame pump and easily hit 120 psi. B)

With the new curved style to tubes, I can't fit a long straight pump underneath, bummer!

bike.jpg
I'm in love with that bike.

I love that colour scheme and I love how you've got it fully loaded, so to speak.

Dammit, why do you have to have such damn good bikes! :D