Mini pump recommendations please

domaindomain

Dec 20, 2004
A new mini pump is on my Xmas gift list and I need to pick one so that I have plenty of time to subtly influence the decision maker about the one that would be best!

I have my eye on the SKS T-Zoom Aluminium which looks good and is obviously extremely functional

then I saw this: The Barbieri Carbone which, as its made of carbon fibre, would suit the bike I have it in mind for very well.

Has anyone used either? Which is best, or should I consider a different one altogether.

Cheers

domaindomain said:
A new mini pump is on my Xmas gift list and I need to pick one so that I have plenty of time to subtly influence the decision maker about the one that would be best!

I have my eye on the SKS T-Zoom Aluminium which looks good and is obviously extremely functional

then I saw this: The Barbieri Carbone which, as its made of carbon fibre, would suit the bike I have it in mind for very well.

Has anyone used either? Which is best, or should I consider a different one altogether.

Cheers
The barbieri is plenty cool, never attached it to my bike though. It's small and lightweight, so it always rest in one of my jersey pockets during training/racing.

Another great pump would be: http://www.crankbrothers.com/powerpump.php#

Have you a good floor pump with a gauge? A good starting point. My friends use on the bike CO2 pumps.

domaindomain said:

Cheers

I recommend a Blackburn. They work well and have a lifetime warranty and Blackburn honors it by replacing parts free for as long as you own it. I have three of these pumps and have had them replace a frame clip and a pump head cap, both over 5 years after purchase and with no questions asked.

I have 3 mini-pumps and don't use any of them any more. I refuse to look like a monkey stroking it off on the side of the road.

Get a CO2 hook-up with a controlable trigger. You'll have tires up and running before your legs cool off and stiffen, and you will no longer look like the frustrated zoo chimp...

HR

domaindomain said:

Cheers

Had the Barbieri Carbone for about a year now. Lightest thing you'll find anywhere and pumps pretty easily up to 110psi, better than any other mini-pump I've tried. I can't fault it really.

Hookyrider said:
I have 3 mini-pumps and don't use any of them any more. I refuse to look like a monkey stroking it off on the side of the road.

Get a CO2 hook-up with a controlable trigger. You'll have tires up and running before your legs cool off and stiffen, and you will no longer look like the frustrated zoo chimp...

HR

Sounds like you spanked that monkey ;)

domaindomain said:

Cheers
Spend $25 - $30 and get the CarbOne pump.

domaindomain said:

Cheers

I have a Carbone. As mini-pumps go it's a good one. As advertised, it will reliably bring a tire to very high pressure, but it takes several hundred strokes to do so. This is the tradeoff with mini-pumps. Full-sized pumps are a much better choice, if you can carry one easily.

A lot of mini-pumps are just junk, but you don't have to worry about the Carbone.

--

My 700x23's take 115lbs to get them nice & hard; do any of the recommended minis go that high ????

litespeedguy said:
My 700x23's take 115lbs to get them nice & hard; do any of the recommended minis go that high ????
I have the crank bros. mini pump pro. works great. goes to 115psi. has a guage on it.