Mini TR + pics : Radnorshire

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Chris Gilbert, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. Rj Webb

    Rj Webb Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:21:35 -0000, "Chris Gilbert"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lovely weekend spent in this great walking area
    >
    >http://www.whirleygig.co.uk/~cgilbert/latest_walk/
    >
    >Chris

    Welcome to the centre of the Universe!... See you went past the observatory. Tucked in behind that
    is one of the whitest, most pristine trig points you will ever see. Llan-wen is on Ed Clements 100m
    drop list of Welsh Hills, and a very fine drive up bag (shame!)

    Did you meet the Radnorshire bogey? The vast number of blocked paths and bridleways.....

    Richard Webb

  3. > Lovely weekend spent in this great walking area

    Nice set of photos Chris.

    --
    Sandy Saunders @ www.thewalkzone.co.uk

    'Mountains or Mole Hills ... summiting still brings
    the same excitement'

  4. RJ Webb wrote

    > Did you meet the Radnorshire bogey? The vast number of blocked paths and bridleways.....

    I tried to reply to this before but NTL seems to have more bogies that Radnorshire right now.

    No, Rich, not really. The only time we've ever encountered a problem was when walking near Broome
    and there was a missing finger board. Otherwise I have found that the paths outside the waymarked
    trails (Shropshire Walks, Wild Edric's and Offa's Dyke) are not as well signed as you would like but
    are otherwise OK to follow as long as you can use a map. Is there are particualr area that this is a
    problem in ?

    Chris

  5. Rj Webb

    Rj Webb Guest

    >can use a map. Is there are particualr area that this is a problem in ?

    The Powys counties = problems Shropshire - few problems.

    Often find in Radnorshire that the paths being unused, just become overgrown - the hedges heal over
    the stiles etc.. Always get through, but its rarely straight forward.

    Used to have big problems in occupied Herefordshire, but towards the end of Worcester rule things
    did improve. Worcs. first spent the fp budget in Worcestershire, and little trickled west.
    Shropshire has been good since the early 1980s and is a very hassle free area in which to walk.

    Richard Webb