Minibus bike transport

Ben

Guest
Hi,

I'm trying to arrange a minibus for 8 people and their bikes to get
home to London from Dunwhich beach on the 29th July after the DunRun.
I've found a couple of people who can fit all the bikes in a minibus
with some severe dismantling and clever stacking - does anyone know of
a firm that has any kind of useful bike sized trailer or similar (less
stacking/dismantling) , and is on a rough line between Dunwhich and
London?

Cheers,

Ben Barker

Ben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to arrange a minibus for 8 people and their bikes to get
> home to London from Dunwhich beach on the 29th July after the DunRun.
> I've found a couple of people who can fit all the bikes in a minibus
> with some severe dismantling and clever stacking - does anyone know of
> a firm that has any kind of useful bike sized trailer or similar (less
> stacking/dismantling) , and is on a rough line between Dunwhich and
> London?

I can't answer your question but how about taking out some of the
minibus seats? I would have thought 8 bikes would be no problem in a 16
seater bus with 8 seats removed.

On 8 May, 11:42, Richard Bates
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Ben wrote:
> > Hi,

> > I'm trying to arrange a minibus for 8 people and their bikes to get
> > home to London from Dunwhich beach on the 29th July after the DunRun.
> > I've found a couple of people who can fit all the bikes in a minibus
> > with some severe dismantling and clever stacking - does anyone know of
> > a firm that has any kind of useful bike sized trailer or similar (less
> > stacking/dismantling) , and is on a rough line between Dunwhich and
> > London?

> I can't answer your question but how about taking out some of the
> minibus seats? I would have thought 8 bikes would be no problem in a 16
> seater bus with 8 seats removed.

I could try that - one bloke suggested a 12 seater with 4 seats
removed, but that involved excessive dismantling.
But a 16 seater would give a few extra feet - it might do the job ok.

Ben

Ben <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to arrange a minibus for 8 people and their bikes to get
> home to London from Dunwhich beach on the 29th July after the DunRun.
> I've found a couple of people who can fit all the bikes in a minibus
> with some severe dismantling and clever stacking - does anyone know of
> a firm that has any kind of useful bike sized trailer or similar (less
> stacking/dismantling) , and is on a rough line between Dunwhich and
> London?

Just one suggestion if you've got two drivers, a big minibus is usually
very expensive to hire. But to hire a bog standard transit van, which
will take all the bikes complete, and 3 people, and something mondeo
sized, which will take 5 people, it will probably cost half as much as
the single minibus you were looking at to cover everything.

If you need drivers on top this does get scuppered a little bit though.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.

Ben wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to arrange a minibus for 8 people and their bikes to get
> home to London from Dunwhich beach on the 29th July after the DunRun.

How about recruiting a few more people to fill a minubus,
and have a separate van for the bikes?
That is how it is done Elsewhere.

Yes, I do know that requires twice the amount of vehicles and drivers.
But think of the fun you can have with bubble wrap and parcel tape.

Or just get a minibus with a full-length roofrack and a big roll of
bubble wrap.